PDA

View Full Version : Got Efx Pedals...... ??

Antinoise
07-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Who here uses efx pedals? I want to make an collection of 5-10 pedals to make my own efx modular to twist things up a little.. My first pickups are a Rat and an ElectroHarminx MicroSynth...

Does anyone have any recomendations??..

sleepy
08-10-2004, 11:28 AM
ive got a moogooger mf101 lowpass filter and it kicks ass...

carltaylor43
08-10-2004, 11:01 PM
ive got a RAT, and I can recoment it, sounds great on basslines & kick drums, beware though as its a bit noisey...

eyes without a face
09-10-2004, 12:28 AM
ive got several pedals but never known how to connect em up for use in production...call me thick! from my guitar slinging days (well electric, im acoustic these days haha) and have about 6 pedals including Boss distortion (the classic orange one), phaser, wah etc etc

Evil G
09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
overdrive pedals can usually take any sort of signal you through at them, but for non-distortion type pedals, you might want to take signal out of your synth's headphone jack instead of the main outs so that you don't come in too hot.

maily
09-10-2004, 02:16 PM
overdrive pedals can usually take any sort of signal you through at them, but for non-distortion type pedals, you might want to take signal out of your synth's headphone jack instead of the main outs so that you don't come in too hot.

yeah, a freind told me the other day that if you are running synths etc. (basically anything that's not a guitar) into guitar pedals, that ideally you should put a 20db pad (gain reduction?) before the pedal to reduce the amount of noise you get out the other side,
he also said that some DI boxes have such a 20db pad switch.

hope that makes sense?

Antinoise
11-10-2004, 02:05 AM
thats good info....;)

278d7e64a374de26f==