PDA

View Full Version : Please Read - Re: Claude Young

Stella Boy
07-10-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm sure Martin wouldn't mind, but I saw this on the LD site and hoped it might do some good on here.

http://www.claudeyoung.frequencyberlin.de/engl/index2.htm

Claude's Laptop stolen

One or more unknown persons stole his Apple Notebook in the night between 1st and 2nd October and inflicted him a massive loss.
During or after his gig in the "Prison Club" Straßkirchen/Germany somebody of the people in the club stole his Notebook.
On the Apple Notebook are all tracks wich he requieres urgent to play on his next gigs, likewise all his private and business information, too.
This is an unbelievable loss in financial and private respect. Maybe all following gigs have to be canceled, if the Notebook will not be recovered.

We ask for all, to contact sandra@bikini-booking.com who know something about it. You can also use the contact form at www.claudeyoung.de

Fordy
07-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Fcuking bastards :nono:

Hope somehow he recovers it, he is a true legend in my eyes, one of my favourite artists.

Annoys me how this world can contain such mindless tw@ts.

Kevin Gorman
07-10-2004, 11:24 PM
thats so low, pisses me off just reading this, hope the laptop is found.

fatcollective
07-10-2004, 11:27 PM
what a fu*kin BITCH...thats really un-fair, some people in this world really just dont give a shit do they! thats his fuc*kin life man, my heart goes out to him....what a loss, so un-fair.

Komplex
07-10-2004, 11:56 PM
And its not like the ****ers can do anything with it either, especially if it has material that is only used by Claude on it.

This is very wrong.

Antinoise
08-10-2004, 12:02 AM
This does suck... but let this be a leason to everyone.. .Back up your f**kin hard drive! The hardware is only whatever value but all your data is almost priceless....

The Overfiend
08-10-2004, 04:48 AM
BAD ENOUGH HE WAS TALKING ABOUT LEAVING THIS YEAR.
HOW THE F*CK DO YOU DISRESPECT HIM LIKE THIS.
SHAMEFUL, PURELY.

drift9
08-10-2004, 03:08 PM
yeah, this is pretty awful. also probably won't do much in the way of having him reconsider the whole retirement thing as well.

davethedrummer
08-10-2004, 03:26 PM
god that's rough!
i had my video camera stolen in brasil ( with all my footage of all the parties on it)
and i was gutted
i think if someone got my laptop i'd kill myself.
very sorry to hear about it

:nono: :nono:

Miromiric
08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
what, he turned around to grab his drink and next thing he knew....

Esox Lucius
08-10-2004, 04:03 PM
they are scum who ever done it

S/E
08-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Terrible.

serox
08-10-2004, 04:11 PM
if anyone knows who took my laptop, my wide screen TV, my DVD player, my sofa and my even my new carpet in my place. Oh, also they did not pay for the food they took from my fridge.

Please contact me.

Sad loss, i learnt my lesson when my house gone done:( Maybe stick this in the serious area?

Agent Orange NYC
08-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Ouch! That's gotta sting... :doh:

Tiptoe
08-10-2004, 05:51 PM
gutted for him. can't believe that happened :cry:

Mindful
08-10-2004, 07:03 PM
:nono: this world be full a theivin tossers :rambo:

gumpy green
08-10-2004, 07:18 PM
:nono: this world be full a theivin tossers :rambo:

yeh only becaues folk buy stolen goods for cheap...if everyone stopped that then who would they sell it to..

must say tho steraling an artists work is WAY WORSE then stealing just a random object...its ther work and cannot be replaced.

feell very bad for CY......hope you find out who did it and sort em out.

Mindful
08-10-2004, 08:40 PM
yeh only becaues folk buy stolen goods for cheap...if everyone stopped that then who would they sell it to..
must say tho steraling an artists work is WAY WORSE then stealing just a random object...its ther work and cannot be replaced.

im guilty of the first comment myself im affraid :oops:
regarding the second comment Definatly thats a part of the dude himself its come from his soul(cheesy but true)

MARKEG
08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah lets sticky this bugger for a while and see if anyone can help or knows anything

waldhaus
08-10-2004, 09:10 PM
that is really a shame! not only that people steal, also that people buy obviously stolen things! :nono:

dan the acid man
08-10-2004, 10:14 PM
thats terrible, we are all guilty of not backing up our data, but when something like this happens, it make's you think.
I would be pretty certain whoever stole it, did so for the hardware, and it will have been formatted by now :cry:

scienceofuse
09-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Yup, I guess that laptop is as good as gone... Isn't it naive to think that you're gonna get your stolen laptop back if you ask really really nicely? :doh: The person who took it obviously lacks some fundamental moral values and it's stupid to think that he's gonna return what he stole just 'cos it means the world to someone he doesn't care about. I feel sorry for Claude though, he's a nice guy and a true legend - he doesn't deserve this kind of shite happening to him right before he's about to retire... Not many chances of getting it back though... :roll:

zaalmoetlos
09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
this is f***ed up don't understand that people can sink so low

hope it will be returned

MangaFish
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Yup, I guess that laptop is as good as gone... Isn't it naive to think that you're gonna get your stolen laptop back if you ask really really nicely? :doh:

yeah, but this thread was as much a plee for information (someone may have spotted it being taken for example) as it was a plee to the crooks

Adverse
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
if anyone knows who took my laptop, my wide screen TV, my DVD player, my sofa and my even my new carpet in my place. Oh, also they did not pay for the food they took from my fridge.

Please contact me.

Sad loss, i learnt my lesson when my house gone done:( Maybe stick this in the serious area?

somebody stole your sofa?? that's ridiculous.

sorry to hear.

scienceofuse
10-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Yup, I guess that laptop is as good as gone... Isn't it naive to think that you're gonna get your stolen laptop back if you ask really really nicely? :doh:

yeah, but this thread was as much a plee for information (someone may have spotted it being taken for example) as it was a plee to the crooks

The point is that it's probably somewhere far far away by now.

romelpotter
10-10-2004, 04:39 PM
man its feckin bad news, everyone should keep an eye out for this sort of thing, it sickens me to the core, i am compleatey gutted for claude.

eyes without a face
10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
no wonder the guy was thinking about quitting in the year, this must of really topped things off for him...

absolutely appaling behaviour

jonnyspeed
10-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Harsh but not something that you can't see coming - what happens if it just fried anyway?

Computer basics:
- Use an Anti-Virus
- Back-up valuable data
- Use secure passwords

Henry! please tell me you have a back-up of your laptop? Disaster recovery as all that!

peace.

gustavo
10-10-2004, 09:08 PM
god that's rough!
i had my video camera stolen in brasil ( with all my footage of all the parties on it)
and i was gutted

i would prefer to kill the bastard ...

and i MEAN it (sorry)

djsirround
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
****ing looosseerrrsss!!! I it doesn't pass through my mind that I touches others dj boxes while they are on stage.... who the hell is this?

btw, I am backing my data :rambo:

tocsin
12-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Yup, I guess that laptop is as good as gone... Isn't it naive to think that you're gonna get your stolen laptop back if you ask really really nicely? :doh: The person who took it obviously lacks some fundamental moral values and it's stupid to think that he's gonna return what he stole just 'cos it means the world to someone he doesn't care about. I feel sorry for Claude though, he's a nice guy and a true legend - he doesn't deserve this kind of shite happening to him right before he's about to retire... Not many chances of getting it back though... :roll:

It's always good to post this type of information on the net. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of this story but, not so long ago, a DJ in california stole a private dubplate belonging to DB while he was spinning at a party in California. Due to discussion of the loss on the net, it turns out they were able to find the kid who did it because someone just happened to post a picture with the thief holding the record. You just never know. Plus, on the really sad side of things, if the thief becomes aware of what they took and the value of the data on it, thereis the chance that they will try and sell it back tot he person they stole it from. It's a not so uncommon game in NYC from a number of lowlifes apparently.

davethedrummer
13-10-2004, 09:42 AM
god that's rough!
and i was gutted

i would prefer to kill the bastard ...

and i MEAN it (sorry)

erm... gustavo please be a bit more careful when you quote someone
i didn't say that bit about killing anyone....you did mate.
insert your text AFTER the quote , not IN it please.
thanks mate , mistakes happen eh?

circuito
13-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Hello friends,

This is Andre, promoter of the Circuito techno parties in Brasil.

Just thought I could drop a quick message to tell something about Claude Young.

We had him booked for our third anniversary party, which will happen on October 23rd here in Brasil.

The contracts were signed three months ago, and the airplane ticket was sent in August.

Two weeks ago, Claude cancelled, with no explanation. I spoke to him, and he demanded to fly on another airline. I cancelled the first ticket, which was on Air France, and reserved him a British Airways flight (that cancellation cost me over 400 dollars).

Last Friday, Claude e-mailed me personally, and said he would be coming to Brasil.

Since then, he told his agent he changed his mind and was not coming anymore. But he never wrote me. He didn´t collect his ticket and didn´t apply for his visa. He simply dissapeared.

We have been promoting this gig for over two months. It would have been Claude´s first visit to Brasil, and we were all very anxious to see this legendary performer.

Now, unfortunately, things have changed. We really have no desire to have him playing for us. His contempt and disrespect for our audience has left us dumbfounded. This has caused us a reasonable financial loss, not to count personal stress.

We were lucky enough to book James Ruskin for this gig to replace Mr. Young. I´m sure it will be a great gig.

Best,
Andre

ANDROID
14-10-2004, 06:22 AM
i feel sad as well!!!!!
i just got mine brand new laptop if any body will be any close to it i will shoot the asshole with mine home made AK-47 the most powerfull machine gun in the world!!!!

CY2
14-10-2004, 09:32 AM
FIRST:
Let me send my kindest regards to everyone here and show my appreciation for your concern for my stolen computer.
All the data was protected so im fine with the info.

It's just a bit of a let down to have your stuff stolen in a club your playing for.

And by the way the club owner and my German agent have not come up with any plan to replace the machine.

NOW on to this clown in Brazil who wrote this message:

I am not going to go into to many details because if I do it would be unprofessional because there are companies involved and I (unlike this promoter who I have never met in my life by the way) don't like spreading shit about people even if they are in the wrong.

All I can say is I applied for the Visa for Brazil as requested. Was given some sob story by the embassy of Brazil for losing my application. This was no fault of mine and the Visa could not be issued on time.

There is more but I dont want to go any further but please be assured I would not have cancelled the event if it was not for good reason.

This guys is typical of most shady promoters, if he does not get his way, he attacks. Support these clowns at your own risk.....

Peace

C

Hello friends,

This is Andre, promoter of the Circuito techno parties in Brasil.

Just thought I could drop a quick message to tell something about Claude Young.

We had him booked for our third anniversary party, which will happen on October 23rd here in Brasil.

The contracts were signed three months ago, and the airplane ticket was sent in August.

Two weeks ago, Claude cancelled, with no explanation. I spoke to him, and he demanded to fly on another airline. I cancelled the first ticket, which was on Air France, and reserved him a British Airways flight (that cancellation cost me over 400 dollars).

Last Friday, Claude e-mailed me personally, and said he would be coming to Brasil.

Since then, he told his agent he changed his mind and was not coming anymore. But he never wrote me. He didn´t collect his ticket and didn´t apply for his visa. He simply dissapeared.

We have been promoting this gig for over two months. It would have been Claude´s first visit to Brasil, and we were all very anxious to see this legendary performer.

Now, unfortunately, things have changed. We really have no desire to have him playing for us. His contempt and disrespect for our audience has left us dumbfounded. This has caused us a reasonable financial loss, not to count personal stress.

We were lucky enough to book James Ruskin for this gig to replace Mr. Young. I´m sure it will be a great gig.

Best,
Andre

tioneb
14-10-2004, 10:46 AM
One more story about promoters / DJs.

Weve herd similar stories many times. They happen most of the times when many people are involved and that the information is not transmitted in the right way ...
Very few DJs having Claude Young's fame would have enetred personnally in contact with the promoter. So yeah something wrong happend and made the gig cancelled, but I dont thnik its very useful to make a personnal attack against Claude Yong.

That makes me sad techno world has become a money money world. There's a financial risk in everything. Thats part of your job if your job is making money with everyhting you can so please dont complain mr circuito.

Just my two cents.

CY2
14-10-2004, 11:04 AM
One more story about promoters / DJs.

Weve herd similar stories many times. They happen most of the times when many people are involved and that the information is not transmitted in the right way ...
Very few DJs having Claude Young's fame would have enetred personnally in contact with the promoter. So yeah something wrong happend and made the gig cancelled, but I dont thnik its very useful to make a personnal attack against Claude Yong.

That makes me sad techno world has become a money money world. There's a financial risk in everything. Thats part of your job if your job is making money with everyhting you can so please dont complain mr circuito.

Just my two cents.

Your absolutely right.
In my opinion there are to many middle people in this business. I understand this is a business and I like to do things respectfully and try my best to accommodate if i can in certain situations. But this is like kid's games, u wont do what I want so im going to bad mouth you.... it's pathetic.

It's also sad to see the scene has deteriorated this far.
After consulting with some of you on line and some close friends of mine in the business I have decided not to e run out of town by a bunch of greedy manipulators.

We will be dealing with all our affairs in house from now on.
This is electronic music and the whole point of this was to be independent and thats what's coming from from us here in Glasgow for 2005.

Again thanks for all your support folks and kindest regards:
claude

djsirround
14-10-2004, 12:54 PM
word!

circuito
14-10-2004, 01:04 PM
All I can say is I applied for the Visa for Brazil as requested. Was given some sob story by the embassy of Brazil for losing my application. This was no fault of mine and the Visa could not be issued on time.

Peace

C

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Claude

Sorry, but this story is very hard to believe.

To apply for a Brazilian visa, you need your plane ticket. And you never picked up the ticket I sent you in AUGUST.

Furthermore, this is the e-mail you sent me on Friday, October 8:

"Hi Andre,

I have informed xxxx i will be coming to your event so
next week i hope to arrange the visa.

Regards
Claude"

Well, it´s clear from your message that you never applied for the visa, right?

I don't want to start any shouting matches here. But I have a responsability towards my audience, which had been expecting you here for a long time.

Peace,
Andre

Buttman
14-10-2004, 01:07 PM
****ing hell Andre this is a public forum. Keep this stuff private. You will most likely get in trouble with this behaviour.

The Overfiend
14-10-2004, 01:18 PM

Peace

C

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Claude

Sorry, but this story is very hard to believe.

To apply for a Brazilian visa, you need your plane ticket. And you never picked up the ticket I sent you in AUGUST.

Furthermore, this is the e-mail you sent me on Friday, October 8:

"Hi Andre,

I have informed xxxx i will be coming to your event so
next week i hope to arrange the visa.

Regards
Claude"

Well, it´s clear from your message that you never applied for the visa, right?

I don't want to start any shouting matches here. But I have a responsability towards my audience, which had been expecting you here for a long time.

Peace,
Andre

All of this........................
Should be aired out in the private messaging system.
Not publicly trying to humiliate someone.
On Purpose.

circuito
14-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Dear Buttman,

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I had to explain to the Circuito audience (many of whom are users here) why mr. Young was not coming to our party.

I have no fear of "getting in trouble", because everything I posted is absolutely true. We have worked hard to bring great techno artists to Brasil for three years now, we are very proud of our work, and I stand by every word I wrote.

Best,
Andre

circuito
14-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Summer of Sam,

Sorry, but I think you got it wrong. No one is trying to humiliate anyone. I am just answering - with facts - to something I believe is not accurate.

Best,
Andre

Buttman
14-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Dear Buttman,

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I had to explain to the Circuito audience (many of whom are users here) why mr. Young was not coming to our party.

I have no fear of "getting in trouble", because everything I posted is absolutely true. We have worked hard to bring great techno artists to Brasil for three years now, we are very proud of our work, and I stand by every word I wrote.

Best,
Andre

"Dear Buttman" ;)

I see your point but you should not quote one of Claude's emails and/or go into personal details. I am sure the audience will understand if you tell them only there was some VISA problem.

The Overfiend
14-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Summer of Sam,

Sorry, but I think you got it wrong. No one is trying to humiliate anyone. I am just answering - with facts - to something I believe is not accurate.

Best,
Andre

No
I think you got it wrong,
read the rules of the forum,
you are airing out dirty laundry YOU have with Claude, that was not a result of this forum.
SO I would suggest you handle this with Claude PRIVATELY. With all due respect.

CY2
14-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Well guy's see what im talking about. This guy does not know me and this is how he deal's with shit first time out.
Like a clown!
Please forgive him for his ignorance, he's just behaving like a child who had his toy taken away from him.

And his attitude shows he's not about the music. These are exactly the kind of promoters I will no longer be dealing with in future.

Strictly underground from here on out.

To all readers, don't bother to respond to this guys as he's just trying to start trouble for his own gain and this is the kind of thing we need to stamp out in this business full stop.

Not playing in Brazil wont stop me from producing or making music so his post are surely to stir up trouble and everyone should take note of this.

I wont discuss details about the agreement on line bu tI can promise u all was done to make the booking happen, but the process was flawed for sure and now im glad I'm not going...

I apologize to all the fans in Brazil for the inconvenience and send my regards.
C

Miromiric
14-10-2004, 03:36 PM
claude,
you are such a drama queen. :crackup: ;)

Martin Dust
14-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Ermmm, So you have a ticket, paid for like - what happens if you don't get in? Didn't work like that when I went but that was 2yrs ago.

But this is all out of order man - who the **** posts mails on forum, sickening.

Frank Dogshit
14-10-2004, 04:47 PM
i still think the brazillian audience needs to know the truth about claudes cancellation (which is the point andre is trying to get across) and if its through a message board then so be it....

i always had the impression that the Circuito promoters were well respected and had been running great partys for a good while now. All the best djs have played there and continue to do so....

sounds like theres more to this whole charade than a refused visa...

Sunil
14-10-2004, 04:53 PM
But this is all out of order man - who the **** posts mails on forum, sickening.

It is not the done thing, sure. But this guy feels aggrieved, and apparantly quite convinced of Claude's wrong doing in this incident. NONE of us know the real story and none of us should be quick to defend or scorn either party. Circuito did the wrong thing by posting up Claude's email for sure, and i'm sure he realises that now.

Circuito thinks he's right and he wants people to know it, good enough reason to argue his point I believe. I'm not saying Claude messed up but I don't think everyone should assume he was in the right, even the good guys can mess up sometimes :)

Anyway, as was mentioned already.. PMs are to way to sort it from here on in. It's unfortunate this has happened, I'm sure both sides would have enjoyed the gig if it had gone ahead!

CY2
14-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Well when someone ask you to do something, u do it and then circumstances get all screwed up your not bound to go through with it.

As I said before im not going into details here but if you dont know the details dont get involved.

And for the guy who is sticking up for this prick, u dont know me so no matter how many "Good" DJ's play at their event u cant possibly understand the whole situation.

Bottom line is if u want to support their event's fine. Im sure they are good events. But that does not give them the right to do as they wish and just spread things about like this.

These are the people who are controlling the scene and this is the reason people cant see their favorite DJ's in some areas.

Some guy throws a party and starts power tripping, if u cant get a visa u cant get in, right????

Anyway the bottom line in all this is you people here keep this scene going, so what becomes of it is up to you guys....

Later
C

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 05:26 PM
a messy one for sure it seems...

Circuitio is a big name in the brazilian scene and lots of the big djs play there yes, this doesnt mean its run by nice people, im not saying it isnt, but judging by the way Circuitio have come on here and posted personal, private emails from Claude show's, imo, that they dont have the morals that maybe everyone thinks they do.

sure its a great shame for the fans over there that Claude wont be playing, but has anyone thought that Claude may have been disapointed also? true we dont know the whole facts, and neither party has to tell us, it really doesnt involve anyone else, but for Circuitio to come on here and act the way they have is very unprofessional.

Gigs get booked, troubles flare up, gigs get cancelled.... im sure its not the first and it wont be the last for Circuitio or for any other club for that matter, be it in Brazil, England or timbuktoo!

the club have booked a good replacement in Ruskin, that should of been the end of it, and something tells me that unless this post about Claude's laptop wasnt here, then Circuitio wouldnt have even came here to say anything, and what they did say only turned into a personal attack on someone that anyone who understands this scene and the people in it know is a good, honest, genuinely honest Dj and all round top bloke.

Playa hating is just OTT in my book, especially to this level, and if this had happened to me, well id be glad i wasnt go to play for them either

CY2
14-10-2004, 05:43 PM
a messy one for sure it seems...

Circuitio is a big name in the brazilian scene and lots of the big djs play there yes, this doesnt mean its run by nice people, im not saying it isnt, but judging by the way Circuitio have come on here and posted personal, private emails from Claude show's, imo, that they dont have the morals that maybe everyone thinks they do.

sure its a great shame for the fans over there that Claude wont be playing, but has anyone thought that Claude may have been disapointed also? true we dont know the whole facts, and neither party has to tell us, it really doesnt involve anyone else, but for Circuitio to come on here and act the way they have is very unprofessional.

Gigs get booked, troubles flare up, gigs get cancelled.... im sure its not the first and it wont be the last for Circuitio or for any other club for that matter, be it in Brazil, England or timbuktoo!

the club have booked a good replacement in Ruskin, that should of been the end of it, and something tells me that unless this post about Claude's laptop wasnt here, then Circuitio wouldnt have even came here to say anything, and what they did say only turned into a personal attack on someone that anyone who understands this scene and the people in it know is a good, honest, genuinely honest Dj and all round top bloke.

Playa hating is just OTT in my book, especially to this level, and if this had happened to me, well id be glad i wasnt go to play for them either

Could not have said it better myself mate.
Ask them if they would pull this stuff on DJ Rush, he cancelled the same event as well, I dont know the reason but I know he did cancel. And my decision to cancel had nothing to do with Rush. I felt bad for them and did my best to try to be there.
I know what its like to have an artist cancel. I had a mate cancel my event here in Glasgow & I didnt get mad.
I just said cool, well sort something out when we can, no need for hostility or smear campaigns.

I was looking forward to going to Brazil, I never played there before so it was a big deal for me as well but it will have to wait for a few more years I guess...

C out...

Martin Dust
14-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Well I take people as I find them and I know for a fact who side I'm standing by...end of.

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Well I take people as I find them and I know for a fact who side I'm standing by...end of

WORD

Circuito, if you were coming on here to try and get some sort of hate mob going against Claude, well, nice try but no bananna dude... this board is full of people who know exactly what the djs we love and dance to are exactly like, no matter how much whitewashing goes on

Frank Dogshit
14-10-2004, 06:00 PM
From CYs original stolen laptop post to him getting slated for cancelling gigs...

Furthest off topic this board has ever had i think....

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 06:02 PM
well its only Circuito to blame for that one innit

Sunil
14-10-2004, 07:18 PM
And for the guy who is sticking up for this prick, u dont know me so no matter how many "Good" DJ's play at their event u cant possibly understand the whole situation.

Bottom line is if u want to support their event's fine. Im sure they are good events. But that does not give them the right to do as they wish and just spread things about like this.

I'm not really sticking up for anyone, and I never said it was your fault. The fact is NO-ONE here knows what happened, however people are quicker to take the side of the well known guy and tell the other guy to sling his hook. He made a mistake in posting it up here in the first place, and posting up your email was out of order, so I guess people are vindicated in giving him an ear bashing.

In reference to the bigger picture beyond this thread though, I think people are too quick to form opinions before they know the 1st thing about what actually happened.

Sunil
14-10-2004, 07:19 PM
well its only Circuito to blame for that one innit

You made your point already ;)

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Claude was infact reffering to Frank Dogshit when he meant the guy sticking up for Circuito dude, and yes the point was made, but i was replying to Frank's other comment, so ;) right back u

jonnyspeed
14-10-2004, 09:47 PM
we gonna lock this one up, sam?

Miromiric
14-10-2004, 10:03 PM
no, please,noooo. why do you have to lock up every fight?

samba
14-10-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm sure I read on another board that Claude Young was retiring from techno altogether??? (maybe littledetroit.com but im really not sure)

umm not that long ago either... :?:

Hard to tell the full story here. Sure Circuito wouldnt have posted so malicously if he didnt feel he had been properly screwed around... Theyve had a shit load of success bringing out to Brasil many other of the worlds best techno djs. Must be a good promoter.

Poor form with the email though, but umm yeah quite a lot of drama queen antics tho eh?

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 10:28 PM
i think this needs locking up too, both parties involved had their say this afternoon and its over with

circuito
14-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Guys,

I apologize to all users for not strictly following the rules of the forum. I will not discuss any private matters here again.

I think this is an electronic music forum, and every kind of issue should be discussed - if people have the proof to back it up.

The techno scene is made up of many elements - artists, promoters, audience - and I think it´s healthy when people discuss each other´s work.

We always hear horrible stories about DJs who play in some clubs and don't get paid, or get treated badly. But very rarely does anyone discuss the stress and financial difficulties promoters go through when an artist does not show up for a gig.

For this particular gig, we had already paid for 60,000 flyers, 1,000 posters, 100 T-shirts, and over 200 radio ads. We work very hard and we think we - and our audience - deserve some decent explanation when an artist cancels a gig.

Circuito is and independent party. We don't have corporate sponsorhip. We depend on the audience to keep going. We are three friends who love techno and we have always treated every single artist with respect. In three years, we brought 35 foreign artists to Brasil, and every artist that has ever played for us said he wished to come back. I'm sure it will continue to be this way.

Best,
Andre

djsirround
15-10-2004, 05:59 AM
wouldn't be better to reply my private message? we got your point ;) :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what about the laptop stolen of Mr Young?

davethedrummer
16-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Dear Buttman,

Best,
Andre

andre you are way way way out of line here!
e-mail claude in private , this is a FORUM where people discuss ideas and music.
not a place to get into these kinds of details.
shit happens right
and if tis kind of thing were aimed at me on this forum i would be most upset , as it is the one place i really enjoy hanging out and shooting the shit with some friends.

so anyways welcome to the board
but keep within the framework please!

padlock?

g
16-10-2004, 06:49 PM
andre: shut up already. as has already been explained to you many times you are handling a private matter publicly. that is not acceptable behavior here, no matter how just you may think your position is.

claude: maybe these guys should get christian vogel instead. :lol: :lol:
just do your thing and forget about this noise. and we're all truly sorry, again, about your laptop. that sh*t is wack.

Honeey
16-10-2004, 10:53 PM
The reason we even have an electronic music scene and parties on this earth is because of the people who have paved the way musically for us with their courage and vision.

RESPECT

nuf said

lunatrick
17-10-2004, 11:16 PM
erm nobody died did they? good :shock: :shock:

I'm glad this topic wasn't padlocked - i mean i agree with having a framework for a forum - but also freedom of speech is important isn't it? - it's not as though the parties involved weren't both able to represent themselves. dj's / parties / promotion - it's a risky business - it's not a career in chartered accountancy is it? no idea about the details so don't have an opinion - but with the best will in the world I'm sure we've all had times where things got misunderstood or blown out of proportion for whatever reason...

Antinoise
18-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Ok.. no padlock needed.. but does this post still need to be sticky at the top. Lets it fade down the list as it may.

djsirround
18-10-2004, 06:48 AM
still don't have any reply in my PM circuito, send it hero! joking heheh its nothing important people heheh :doh: :lol: :lol:

OriginalTechnobastard
19-10-2004, 03:57 PM
a guy loses laptop, fans respond, promoter mad, fans respond, artist mad cause of promoter mad, fans mad, promoter sorry.... HEheehe

Anyhow people have been to quick to jump the gun, and too passionate without knowing the insides and out. I think everyone should be respected whether you are a dj or a promoter. They both sound like they are doing their best so shouldn`t disrespect either. I can understand concerns of both parties. I would be pissed of if some cancelled a gig without a decent explanation or have my business spilt over on the net. It just sounds like a case of miscommunication. Attention to Professionalism should be more wide spread :dontevengothere:

Frank Dogshit
19-10-2004, 10:02 PM
a guy loses laptop, fans respond, promoter mad, fans respond, artist mad cause of promoter mad, fans mad, promoter sorry.... HEheehe

Anyhow people have been to quick to jump the gun, and too passionate without knowing the insides and out. I think everyone should be respected whether you are a dj or a promoter. They both sound like they are doing their best so shouldn`t disrespect either. I can understand concerns of both parties. I would be pissed of if some cancelled a gig without a decent explanation or have my business spilt over on the net. It just sounds like a case of miscommunication. Attention to Professionalism should be more wide spread :dontevengothere:

i agree with technobaastard with this one.claudes completely flown off the handle at me on this one when basically i was only suggesting that theres 2 sides to every story and I actually felt sorry for the promoter who had spent loads of cash to put on this party. From a punters perspective I know i would dissapointed if I was expecting Claude at the gig had been looking forward to the night for ages only to be disspointed in the end.

All people want to know is.....whos telling the truth?Has circuito not been kept in touch properly with claudes movements?

Stella Boy
19-10-2004, 10:50 PM
All people want to know is.....whos telling the truth?Has circuito not been kept in touch properly with claudes movements?

With due respect, is this really relevant ?. It's between the promotor and the dj, nobody else. The promotor can simply inform everyone that the dj has cancelled ( as we did when Jay Denham cancelled 1 week before our event ) and the book someone else ( as we did ). What happens between the 2 parties has nothing to do with anyone else.

Frank Dogshit
19-10-2004, 11:05 PM
aye id better shut up before i get nailed again. :neutral:

eyes without a face
20-10-2004, 03:46 PM
is this still going on?

OriginalTechnobastard
20-10-2004, 04:08 PM
!Looking back on it, that email thing is blown out of proportion. I thought he listed his email address or something. He was just using the email to explain himself. And the audience in Brasil DO need a proper explanation. I mean the guy refer to Claude as legendary and Claude ends up calling him a prick. It should of been done privately but since its not :neutral: And using Rush as an indication doesn`t mean anything because you never know why he pulled out.

Shady promoter suck though :rambo: I am sure thats why this guy tries not to be one.

eyes without a face
20-10-2004, 04:19 PM
the guy listed a personal email from Claude, thats what the email fuss was about

perhaps they should of both done this in the pm's section or between themselves, but it was circuitio who started the whole thing on this post so maybe they should of just left it alone and done it in private

massplanck
20-10-2004, 04:29 PM
all this talk of of them doing it in private seems funny when you consider the amount of people who have thus far stuck their noses and commented for the sake of commenting.

I hope both of them win the lottery tommorw.

samba
21-10-2004, 10:42 PM
**** that i hope i win.

The Overfiend
22-10-2004, 02:42 AM
No More Gossip, Grow Up.
We're all adults here remember?

278d7e64a374de26f==