PDA

View Full Version : Some1 might b selling yer tracks illegally !!!

DJZeMigL
08-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I got this alarming mail from 2 people already, I have no ideia if this is legit or not but alledgely it's a scam 2 make easy dirty money !!!

I hope I am not posting a lie so please bare in mind that I MIGHT JUST WELL B WRONG AND THE ALL THING B LEGAL!!!

"...
Hi ze,

a guy is selling illegally mp3 on the web.

you are concerned :

http://www.jetgroove.com/release/90982/DJ_Ze_Mig_L-Hiccups_Reworkz-Toxic_Records-Vinyl_Promo.html

the site is www.jetgroove.com

plz check it ...

too much labels are ripped off there ....

pass the info ...
..."

now this record ain't hit the shops just yet so!?!?

Z

H3lx
08-10-2004, 11:35 PM
jesus thats bad ****in form! you mail/call the guys running that site to check it out or anythin?

g
09-10-2004, 02:54 AM
good luck reaching these fu*kers as they are actually in moscow

"Dear Sirs and Madams,

My name is Ulukman Mamytov and I am the attorney for jetgroove.com.

I bring you apologies from JetGroove for making you worry about your copyrights infringements and your music repertoire being presented on our website. I want to assure you that jetgroove.com having started a new Online Music Download Service pursues the objective of making your music more wellknown and accessible and ONLY BY LEGAL MEANS.

That means we DO NOT SELL any of your music without obtaining a proper permission (License) from you or other respective rightholders. You can easily check this by trying to purchase any of you music. Everything that you choose to put in your cart will have status: "Not Available For Purchase Yet". It could only be put "ON HOLD". And we do not change that status untill the contract is signed and your permission is granted. In this case all of your music will be given "Allowed for Selling" status and people who have it in their shopping carts will be able to buy it.

The experince of showing your music on our website without distributing aimed to draw your attention to us, with further goal to make contacts with you on friendly terms with a perspective of mutually beneficial partnership. We're glad to inform you that your music is getting popular indeed through our website and we can let you know at any time how many of your tracks were put on hold and which ones.

However, we deeply understand your concerns and would like to assure you, if you find our relationships impossible, we will IMMEDIATELY delete all of your music from our music collection.

Hope you'll find our offer to make your music more popular through us rather reasonable and we can start that mutually beneficial partnership.

Very Truly Yours,

Ulukman Mamytov
Jetgroove LLP
Legal Department"

DJZeMigL
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
The letter seems proper. I am kind of runing but I have mailed all the labels I work with they'll deal with it .. just wanted 2 let u guys know, just in case kind of thing...

As I said I could sy if it was true or not aparently there might b reasons 2 belive it's all good! :)

Z

Miromiric
09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
its not proper, its a scam!

eyes without a face
09-10-2004, 02:02 PM
fishier than captain birds eyes freezer

loopdon
10-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Found this on Livesets.com today:

''Yesterday disturbing news reached us. It seems that there's a Russian (online) recordstore which is offering mp3's for download without the license to do so.

The website, www.jetgroove.com pretends to be based in London, but a bit of searching shows they're in Moscow.

Flat & Round label boss Benn Davis comments: "It seems they've ripped pretty much every house record they can get their hands on and are offering them for sale without permission".

If you find your material on this website, contact support@he.net for abuse. ''

278d7e64a374de26f==