PDA

View Full Version : The Horrorist

Louis Theroux
10-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Went out & bought Manic Panic today. If you have not already got it, go & buy it now. It is the best album I have heard in a really long time, new(ish) stuff plus all his classics.

The Horrorist is so original with his music & lyrics, he really has got his own sound.

http://www.thingstocome.com/images/Manic_Panic_Ext_Front.gif

http://www.thingstocome.com/images/Manic_Panic_Ext_Back.gif

It would be interesting to hear what the pure/acid techno people have to say about him........

man_d
10-10-2004, 08:28 AM
go and see him at www.drop-the-bomb.co.uk in london on the 22 october!

darkmockeray
10-10-2004, 12:02 PM
HES PLAYIN WITH MANU LE MALIN AND THE DJ PRODUCER HERE IN DUBLIN IN 2 WEEKS TIME........... BOUND TO BE A MENTAL NIGHT - THEN WE HAVE LENNY DEE PLAYIN THE NEXT WEEKEND :lol: :lol: :lol: ILL LET YIS KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE.......

MangaFish
11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
i dont dislike the horrorist, i just prefer the remixes of artists have done of his tracks over the original versions.

MangaFish
11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
HES PLAYIN WITH MANU LE MALIN AND THE DJ PRODUCER HERE IN DUBLIN IN 2 WEEKS TIME........... BOUND TO BE A MENTAL NIGHT - THEN WE HAVE LENNY DEE PLAYIN THE NEXT WEEKEND :lol: :lol: :lol: ILL LET YIS KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE.......

ITS PAINFUL TO READ ALL CAPS!! :rambo:

OriginalTechnobastard
12-10-2004, 03:34 PM
He is got good production, but his lyrics or singing can be painfully bad at times or maybe too much of a cliche (shouting over heavy music etc.) therefore ruining the music itself a bit. He has some good and heavy tunes overall and the remixes of his tracks have been done in very nicely.

Nice heavy combo of industrial and techno :clap:

basslinejunkie
12-10-2004, 08:25 PM
wire to the ear worked really well i thought,v good tune :twisted:

OriginalTechnobastard
16-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah don`t get me wrong, it does work sometimes. There are times where he over-does the vocal thing, and he ends up sounding like a headless chicken :roll: !

I like his music. He has some good heavy tunes, and the remixes of his tunes have been great. Olivier likes the hacker? Going by the remix artist as well he knows his taste .

Check www.thingstocome.com

They are a head of PROGIDY

Internal Error Records
16-10-2004, 07:04 PM
i still remember when he set off a roman candle firework in the middle of a dancefloor at a new years eve mega rave a few years back . . .

funny but very dangerous.

278d7e64a374de26f==