PDA

View Full Version : Plans 4 a Deck stand

Busho
10-10-2004, 01:21 AM
hi there :lol:

im lookin @ the idea of buildin ma own deck stand coz i got sod all else to do an my stands too small now :lol:

n e 1 know where i can download plans for 1???

n e help will be greatly appreciated :cool:

cheers me dears :lol: :lol: :lol:

EmotionComplex
10-10-2004, 01:44 AM
i remember someone doing this last year and drew up some plans and measurements for wood, ill have a browse for the post

dan the acid man
10-10-2004, 01:28 PM
your best making your own measurements, depending on the space of the room your putting it in, and how high you like the decks to be

cascade
10-10-2004, 06:00 PM
yer man ive built all sorts of stands for my room.

got a 2 meter one for my decks which is about 90cms high and also quite deep so i can have my turntables in vertical or normal positions.

also got a nice area that i buiolt for production, cuase none of the normal computer related stand would fit into the space i have.
i could draw up plans for mine if you wanted but at the end of the day its designed around my room so may not fit in yours.
better off drawing it yourself and taking the plans to your local wood yard.

you could also benefit from having your mate help erect it. its not easy holding and drilling at the same time, im sure you have some mates who will help for a few tabs and a can of stella.
;)

Busho
10-10-2004, 10:03 PM
yer man ive built all sorts of stands for my room.

got a 2 meter one for my decks which is about 90cms high and also quite deep so i can have my turntables in vertical or normal positions.

also got a nice area that i buiolt for production, cuase none of the normal computer related stand would fit into the space i have.
i could draw up plans for mine if you wanted but at the end of the day its designed around my room so may not fit in yours.
better off drawing it yourself and taking the plans to your local wood yard.

you could also benefit from having your mate help erect it. its not easy holding and drilling at the same time, im sure you have some mates who will help for a few tabs and a can of stella.
;)

yer im gonna draw up ma own plans but it would be nice to have a plan to look at to get the general idea but @ the mo i think im jus gonna buy the top an stick it over my existin stand an stck a few xtra legs on for the time-being

sod payin ma mates for help :lol: thats wot ma dads for :crackup: :lol:

DJTrubass
10-10-2004, 11:27 PM
i was interested in this, want something decent biuld and some ideas of the best ways of going about it

Busho
10-10-2004, 11:32 PM
its got a few good ideas on there dude ( dimensions n that :cool: )

nihilist
16-03-2005, 03:22 PM
man its easy! using mdf (18mm or 20mm)get a top the size you want put 2 sides on it at the required height then a back piece to keep it sturdy.its a bit like making a box with a side missing

Barely Human
17-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I always batton mine to the wall, it makes it very sturdy. For my latest one ive used contiboard, and stuck it in a corner. Battened the walls off and stuck the contiboard on top with no more nails. Study as hell, no legs, and looks smart ;)

cascade
17-03-2005, 03:15 PM
i used 18mm chipboard with a "look like" finish so its not ugly,
its about 2 meters in lenght and about 80cm's high.
like IQ its batternd to the wall behind it and also used block joints on the floor, discrete and keeps the thing rock solid,
it has a H shaped shelf section in the middle between the 2 sections that go up form the floor.

278d7e64a374de26f==