PDA

View Full Version : Mauro Picotto - Clocks rmx

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:18 PM
As any of you that have heard this know it is the only remix of clocks to have.

its old as the hills but i have on ever heard it on livesets that ive downloaded.

does anyone know if it will every get a release?

im hoping i can get a white label of it somewhere - but after bout 2 years of trying im thinking its not gonna happen.

Can anyone shed any light on this

Frank Dogshit
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
i cant even bare to imagine how bad that track is gonna be....

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:32 PM
i cant even bare to imagine how bad that track is gonna be....

its good ud be surpeised - it has non of the vocals in it and it repeats the famous piano bit through most of the song

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 12:37 PM
oh my word, i really dont think anyone could imagine how f.uckin awful that remix would be

if i ever hear that record im givin up techno

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:44 PM
to each their own.

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
oh my word, i really dont think anyone could imagine how CENSORED awful that remix would be

if i ever hear that record im givin up techno

which do u not rate then - clocks or picotto.

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 12:46 PM
definately mate, but really some things should just be left WELL alone

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
i dont rate either mate, Picotto is just totally whats wrong with techno for me, and Clocks is a terrible song from an otherwise pretty talented band. Ive been a Coldplay fan from when i first saw em playing toilet venues about 4-5 years ago

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
definately mate, but really some things should just be left WELL alone

hahah true

i rekon scooter should be booked to play at the next jam.

(im kidding)

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 12:49 PM
i dont rate either mate, Picotto is just totally whats wrong with techno for me, and Clocks is a terrible song from an otherwise pretty talented band. Ive been a Coldplay fan from when i first saw em playing toilet venues about 4-5 years ago

oh you win that one ;)

to be fair i thought the same until i saw him at meganite

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 12:56 PM
megashite u mean haha.... nah i wont get into the old picotto argument again, that one really has been done before, lets just say some can see through his shitness, some cant ;)

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 01:00 PM
megashite u mean haha.... nah i wont get into the old picotto argument again, that one really has been done before, lets just say some can see through his shitness, some cant ;)

i know what you mean.

ive been into techno for years now and i saw him along side liebing (spelling) and sims - they were by far better as you would expect but he was good that one time - i have seen him in previous years and people have left the club.

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 01:21 PM
yeah for sure, there is such a huge difference in skill between the likes of Liebing and Picotto compared to Sims..... but hey as u said each to their own, i just like to get my handbag out now and then haha

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah for sure, there is such a huge difference in skill between the likes of Liebing and Picotto compared to Sims..... but hey as u said each to their own, i just like to get my handbag out now and then haha

what and start dancing round it :lol:

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 01:36 PM
haha yeah, or just fight off all those shit djs playing shite, watered down techno with it haha

Sunil
11-10-2004, 01:44 PM

Well in the skills stakes it would go:

Sims

Liebing

Picotto

Liebing was a much better DJ before he started bringing 100 FX units, 1,000 laptops and 200 decks on stage with him. Any recent sets I've heard by him sound cheap and tacky, it's sometimes hard to distinguish what the tracks are, they're so drowned in FX.

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
haha yeah, or just fight off all those shit djs playing shite, watered down techno with it haha

to be fair in every music type/genre your gonna get that.

dont take my liking for that clocks tune to be the way i play techno hehe noooooo way.

i just like the odd bit of somthing different

im all about dirty funky ass shaking techno.

actually anything that makes u wanna move.

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 02:26 PM
of course

we are all guilty of liking shit music haha

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 02:35 PM
of course

we are all guilty of liking shit music haha

well i did used to like happy hardcore when i was bout 15........

those were very dark days

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 02:36 PM
same here mate, soundtrack to my childhood haha

doc12inch
11-10-2004, 02:40 PM
same here mate, soundtrack to my childhood haha

i played along side dj vibes a few years ago - he hadnt changed from when i used to watch him on the old helter skelter tapes.

was well funny

Esox Lucius
11-10-2004, 03:31 PM
happy hardcore :lol: i was always a hardcore techno boy :lol:

MangaFish
11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
i'll give picotto some credit, it was him and the BXR label that got me into techno in the 1st place. he produces accessable techno, but then i dont think his stuff was ever really marketed at the purists in the 1st place.

since i've descovered leibling/sims/etc i cant really say i've appretiated picotto, but at least he draw me to these guys because w/o him i'd probably be listening to Blink 182 :lol:

Numeric
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Clocks remix WTF!! :shock:

Leave me out...

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 09:56 PM
if you've discovered Sims, why bother with Liebing? ;)

MangaFish
11-10-2004, 10:00 PM
because at the moment im prefering leiblings tracks to sims

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
thats furry muff

Sunil
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
if you've discovered Sims, why bother with Liebing? ;)

They're different styles.

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
i know... ones good... ones not

MangaFish
11-10-2004, 10:47 PM
i know... ones good... ones not

:lol: meaow!

to be fair i've not heard leibling in a club so i only have productions to go on

Mindful
11-10-2004, 11:28 PM
i was always a hardcore techno boy :lol:

me too i used to hate that happy sh*t still do but i used to hate the techno djs and techno tapes in the tapepacks aswell :lol:
thought they were too slow and"a bit wierd"as my mates would say.
Now there the best ones and im the one whos a bit weird plays"slow"and the youngsters dislike.
As for the Picotto clocks remix
im open minded as are most techno people but i cant see me being into this! it sounds a bit corny but you never know do ya not until youve heard it.My instinct tells me its probably bob tho!

because at the moment im prefering leiblings tracks to sims
im more in to leiblings tracks too but i think sims is technicaly better on ze decks

Numeric
11-10-2004, 11:46 PM

me too i used to hate that happy sh*t still do but i used to hate the techno djs and techno tapes in the tapepacks aswell :lol:
Now there the best ones and im the one whos a bit weird plays"slow"and the youngsters dislike.

I got into techno by listening to the purist sets included in the early Technodrome and Deathrow tapepacks...

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Sims is in a league of his own DJ wise

haha i have loads of old tapepacks here, gave aload away a few years back but still got some, Hardcore Heaven, Helter Skelter the works! haha

Mindful
12-10-2004, 12:48 AM
:dance: hahaha blow your horns!!

Esox Lucius
12-10-2004, 07:58 AM

I got into techno by listening to the purist sets included in the early Technodrome and Deathrow tapepacks...

ditto, tapes from the aggressor, dave angel, warlock & rockliffe mainly.

anyone know what happened to warlock? he used to play some brilliant technosets.

Mindful
12-10-2004, 09:08 AM
DRT mmmmmmmmm :drool:

Esox Lucius
12-10-2004, 10:09 AM
deathrow techno was the bomb :clap: anyone remember nosebleed?

schlongfingers
12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Warlock is very much still about, runs the Rag 'N Bone label in London, and can often be found at Ugly Funk.. proper nice geezer as well.

Mindful
12-10-2004, 10:33 AM
deathrow techno was the bomb :clap: anyone remember nosebleed?

i remember getting nosebleeds listning to loftgroover and hms :bash:

Numeric
12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Warlock is very much still about, runs the Rag 'N Bone label in London, and can often be found at Ugly Funk.. proper nice geezer as well.

What kind of tunes does he spin these days?

278d7e64a374de26f==