subsonic
13-10-2004, 12:42 PM
:shock:

NO WAY SHOULD HE BE MADE CAPTAIN TONIGHT

I THINK RIO SHOULD BE :clap:

is sol campball playing he should be captain or john terry

Esox Lucius
13-10-2004, 04:18 PM
thing is, there is more to a captaincy than whoever is the best or most popular player, the gaffer will give it to someone he knows will rally the lads together and be able to speak to them & tell them how they are going wrong etc, maybe mickey owen is someone the lads look up to....I imagine Beckham gets the captaincy as he gets sven some freebies from gilette & vodafone & the other 106 million thins he sponsors.

DJsmallpaul
13-10-2004, 05:55 PM
1-0 England Mr Owen header :clap:

french_og
13-10-2004, 09:08 PM
I always think the Centre Half should be Captain and think Rio should be made it permanantly now he is back, although at International level there should be 11 captains out there. Owen isn't exactly going to fire the side up if they go behind but fair play to him for scoring tonight.

macca
13-10-2004, 09:16 PM
I always think the Centre Half should be Captain and think Rio should be made it permanantly now he is back, although at International level there should be 11 captains out there. Owen isn't exactly going to fire the side up if they go behind but fair play to him for scoring tonight.

nah sorry a midfielder everytime they have more influence on the game an rally players an kick there arses think keane at united gerrard at liverpool an viera at arsenal 4 me gerrard should be captain when hes fit the lads an insperational leader an has the talent 2 become best midfielder in the world

french_og
13-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah a good tough centre midfielder like Keane, Vieria and Gerrard are excellent choices and players other definately are motivated by but then a quality Centre back like Bobby Moore, Tony Adams who see the entire game are also quality leaders.

macca
13-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah a good tough centre midfielder like Keane, Vieria and Gerrard are excellent choices and players other definately are motivated by but then a quality Centre back like Bobby Moore, Tony Adams who see the entire game are also quality leaders.

they are but they dont have the influence 2 change a game as much a midfielder which i think is important at the highest level they take a poor the game by the scruff of the neck an rally players 2 grind out a result gettin forward an lettin a player no hes around if u no what i mean

Ashley
13-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Uch good luck to the boy.

Traxx
13-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Owens never a captain in a million years. Your captain needs to able to tell the biggest of names on the pitch to "fukin sort it out" when needed. Owen just aint got the mouth on him.

connor
14-10-2004, 01:13 AM
i think in a few yrs rooney would make a good captain wen hes learnt more bout the game etc....

but generally i wouldnt ever pick a striekr as a captain i would go wiv a centre half or a central midfielder

Traxx
14-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Id make gerrard the captain anyway

connor
14-10-2004, 01:52 AM

:clap: :clap:

gerrard for prime minister

Traxx
14-10-2004, 01:58 AM

well said :clap:

i bet downie wont agree though :lol:

Esox Lucius
14-10-2004, 07:40 AM
well he would do a better job than tony blurt no doubt :lol: beleive it or not I actually like Gerrard, he's amazing.

Numeric
14-10-2004, 10:39 AM

Good God, i'd have to flee the country...

Traxx
14-10-2004, 01:18 PM

Good God, i'd have to flee the country...

Good. Take the rest of the manc bastards with ya (that includes downie, last-man etc.) :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==