PDA

View Full Version : Potatosystem? i need advice

vadz
13-10-2004, 04:20 PM
hello musiclovers.
i found guys from Germany that wish to release my shit.
i thought it's a vinyl-label, but! i'ts not.
it's kinda mp3-label. so they make it through the p2p-like net called potato system, sponsored, along with others, by frauhofer institute and european union... the difference with other p2p system is that you pay for downloading.

i have to wait, i have to think... it's really interesting, innovative, and it will give money...

please tell if heard about it, what you think of this turn into the musical business future...

or check this out - www.potatosystem.com
(only in german for now)

eyes without a face
13-10-2004, 06:47 PM
i dunno, they should really have the site in English too if they are putting out music, and it looks a bit unnoffical to me? i dunno

if they are willing to release it chances are so is someone else, maybe try holding out for ur vinyl release instead?

vadz
13-10-2004, 07:08 PM
the fact that fraunhofer institute and partially EU are involved into this project says for it's officiality...
thay say it soon will be in english, they started this year...
what do you think - will there be a lot of people buying mp3's and reselling it? it makes them exactly resell files to make profit. in russia it's called net-marketing.
and the artist royalty is 43% from a file... a big number....
but they will have exclusive rights on my tracks, no way to print them on other label, only net-mp3-distribution with profit...

sorry for being a bit annoying with this post. i really have to find out.
who knows , maybe it's future

eyes without a face
13-10-2004, 09:45 PM
no i dont think so, something about the site just doesnt fit for me, i can see the EU logo n stuff on there but id want more verificaton personally, and i dont think this is the future at all to be honest, but its up to u as a person to decided

the fact they have total rights over ur music too puts me off, if the tracks became really big and they decided to press them up then u may lose out bigtime as ur only entitled to 43% of the mp3 sales, plus the site has only just started out so chances are not many people are going to be buying from them for some time... and 43% of nothing isnt very much is it ;)

hope it works out tho dude

278d7e64a374de26f==