PDA

View Full Version : Should we?

messyfuture
14-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Was thinking,

should we do a monthly boa mix of the artists that post their tracks here and post it in order to promote the newer producers and the more established ones. if the track list is put up with times and that people may d/l a mix and then listen to it in the car or round a mates whatever

or do you think there would be alot of downloads and no replies?

would obviously need everyones premission that is going to be on it

just a thought, whats everyone else think?

gary_human
14-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I think that is a brilliant idea - I may of even figured how to get tracks I done on hear by then - as long as all the artists are up for it eh? Just get someone to mix it in ableton or tractor or one of them pieces of kit.

I like the idea :clap:

xfive
14-10-2004, 06:34 PM
That sounds like a cool idea.

Problem is that most tracks on here are not finished products.. and the ones that are, are few and far between... or just clips... etc.

Now if you are going for a completely unpolished approach just to see what a bunch of the tunes sound like together.. then that's one thing. But otherwise I think you'll be hard pressed to find completely finished tracks to use.

But if you can... bring it on!!! I've got Final Scratch I can use ;)

Also.. it could be a sort of .. "who can do the best mix with these 10 tracks" sorta thing.. that could be fun too :)

Just some thoughts and ideas... ;)

eyes without a face
14-10-2004, 06:43 PM
its a good idea in theory but i cant really see it working too well, i for one wouldnt want my stuff in there unless it was finished and even then i could see problems arising such as difference in quality betweens people's tracks etc etc, and i dont think many people would download it as they can simply check out the tracks they want individually

its a good idea tho in essence and fair play to anyone who does it

audioinjection
14-10-2004, 06:57 PM
hmmm, seems like a good idea, but we gotta have complete tracks first

Evil G
14-10-2004, 09:34 PM
i figure that the producers posting in here fall into one of three groups:

a) beginneers who need advice and tips - they probably wouldn't want to participate due to the quality of their tracks not being there

b) intermediates who are starting to write good tracks and who need exposure to get signed - i can see this as being something they would jump at

c) pros who want feedback before sending their work off to lables - they probably wouldn't want to participate due to copyright etc.

so the question is, how many people are going to classify themselves in that middle group? i'm still pegging myself as a beginner at the mo, but if this gets off the ground and is still happening in 6 months i would love to participate.

xfive
14-10-2004, 09:36 PM
i figure that the producers posting in here fall into one of three groups:

a) beginneers who need advice and tips - they probably wouldn't want to participate due to the quality of their tracks not being there

b) intermediates who are starting to write good tracks and who need exposure to get signed - i can see this as being something they would jump at

c) pros who want feedback before sending their work off to lables - they probably wouldn't want to participate due to copyright etc.

Yeah that's pretty much the point I was getting at ;)

yorkie
15-10-2004, 12:01 PM
would be well interested, as i see myself sitting in that intermediate group myself...

xfive has a good idea bout mixing the tracks up. that could be done and posted in the boa techno filez forum as a sticky competion?? something similar to the competiton that is done on kvr-vst ??

278d7e64a374de26f==