PDA

View Full Version : DJ Course opinion

LEE.S.I
16-10-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm gona be doing a Basment DJ course in Manchester midi school in November. I've been into underground for few years but want to get more serious about it. I play Hardtrance and like some hardstyle, does anyone know about this course and what is your opinion. :scratch:

Yoshimitsu
16-10-2004, 10:35 PM
tbh mate i wouldnt do a course in dj'ing as then your learning someone elses way. if u teach yourself with practice then you develop your own style which is better imo ;)

Busho
16-10-2004, 11:03 PM
yer but ul get taught how to use the software/hardware for producing ure own stuff :cool:

Yoshimitsu
16-10-2004, 11:21 PM
yer but ul get taught how to use the software/hardware for producing ure own stuff :cool:

Depends on the course i suppose.Any more info on it m8?

LEE.S.I
17-10-2004, 02:18 AM
If you go to www.midischool.com theres a load of info on the course htere and other courses to.

Mindful
18-10-2004, 03:01 AM
i think yosh is rite teach yourself bro and watch and listen to your peers.
If its production that intrest you and you just wanna get your hands on some sweet gear then do a production course instead.
My advice mate is practice practice and make an art of buying records.

Busho
18-10-2004, 03:03 AM
i think yosh is rite teach yourself bro and watch and listen to your peers.
If its production that intrest you and you just wanna get your hands on some sweet gear then do a production course instead.
My advice mate is practice practice and make an art of buying records.

yer man deffo a good idea to make an art of buyin records + the only reason id do a course is 4 the production side of the industry to get the basics to get well on the way to producing my own material :cool:

eyes without a face
18-10-2004, 03:25 PM
these courses are all well and good, often run by people who've been in the business etc etc, but imho there isnt anything really that u cant teach urself

the money ud spend getting onto one of these courses can be spent on kit that u can learn urself

Busho
18-10-2004, 03:27 PM
these courses are all well and good, often run by people who've been in the business etc etc, but imho there isnt anything really that u cant teach urself

the money ud spend getting onto one of these courses can be spent on kit that u can learn urself

yer true :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==