PDA

View Full Version : Fri Nov 5th - Aztec presents Split - Sims and Finke

eyes without a face
18-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Aztec and Monkey business presents the Guy Fawkes Night party with Split featuring

Ben Sims (Split/Theory/Ingoma)
Chris Finke (Split/Atomic Jam/Flux)

Relik, Dj Hi, Dash, Mark Wilson (Monkey Business)

and just added to finish things off in the 2nd room, Scott Gray (Subsonica)

Should be a belter of a night, hope to see some of u lot down there

jock
18-10-2004, 07:12 PM
superb night planned, cannot wait, gonna be a belter.

nice to see you playing scott!! :clap:

eyes without a face
18-10-2004, 07:23 PM
aye, watch out Brendan! ;)

Frank Dogshit
18-10-2004, 07:28 PM
dont forget to knock out a bit of hard house for jock lad. :lol: ;)

eyes without a face
18-10-2004, 07:30 PM
got the gimp packed already at his request on msn

romelpotter
18-10-2004, 10:22 PM
haha plenty of...

http://www.paxtonandwhitfield.co.uk/pics2/cheese-in-farmhouse-window.jpg

please !!!!!!!!

Bugger
19-10-2004, 04:36 PM

It's not a competition, ha ha! Looking forward to you rocking the ADS :!:

Should be a good weekend with Bugged Out! on the Saturday, Liverpool has been on sparkling form lately.

Traxx
19-10-2004, 04:39 PM

It's not a competition, ha ha! Looking forward to you rocking the ADS :!:

Should be a good weekend with Bugged Out! on the Saturday, Liverpool has been on sparkling form lately.

Its been on ridiculous form. More nights than ya could possibly go to :doh:

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 04:55 PM
haha rocking indeed

Liverpool is going off big time as they say, exciting stuff!

Frank Dogshit
19-10-2004, 05:15 PM
i leave liverpool and the nights come flooding back.... :lol:

eyes without a face
21-10-2004, 11:37 AM
thats not a coincidence surely!

Eddie
04-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Well thats my weekend sorted!

neko
04-11-2004, 03:25 PM
can't wait for this.
not been in nation for ages.
will be dead by sunday i'd imagine after this then locked on the saturday :lol:

Traxx
04-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Im getting in a sillly state :cool:

Eddie
04-11-2004, 07:59 PM

You will have to come and introduce yourself Traxx, dont expect you to curtsey tho!

Stella Boy
04-11-2004, 08:31 PM
If he's in that much of a state he may well curtsey if you ask nicely :lol:

Frank Dogshit
04-11-2004, 08:47 PM

You will have to come and introduce yourself Traxx, dont expect you to curtsey tho!

eddie...think im comin down earlier now...will call you tomorrow lad.

lookin forward to rocking in the annexe again,that advent night in there was 1 of the best ive had this year and there was only about 100 people there. those who are going though make sure youve got your earplugs at the ready....that system in the annexe is LOUD! :lol:

eyes without a face
04-11-2004, 09:32 PM
yes indeedy, plus the fact i think the Advent had a special setting called "MIDS only" on his midi keyboard.... those kick drums could of cut through glass that night

Frank Dogshit
04-11-2004, 09:34 PM
my ears are stil ringing from that night now.

eyes without a face
04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
seriously, since then all i can hear is a ringing noise, my ears just filter any normal sound into this acute, intense ringing noise..... maybe thats why im knocking out all these shit tunes hahahaha

Eddie
05-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Anyone off to this? Leavin the house now!

Traxx
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Aye i shalll be there somewhere im off the boozer now :cool:

Eddie
05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
well my plan off action has somewhat backfired, just been settin fireworks off with my brother now need to have a bath as i stink!

neko
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
i'll be there edward.
just having some cider now. :cool:

neko
06-11-2004, 06:34 AM
had a cracking night.
the attendance wasn't as good as i thought it would be, but sims was amazing. proper banged it out.
nice to see young eddie as well :cool:

eyes without a face
06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
funny night indeed... was fun to play, altho the system was in a right state and some must of thought i was playing a track with constant feedback for an hour n half, but didnt **** up too much haha and it was definately funny, Longy jumped on for 20 mins too haha the rat.... Finke was wikid, better than Sims from what i saw but i only saw the last 30 mins of Sims but from what i heard Chris played a tune selection that was alot more to my taste's at the moment... all good tho

got the ****ing ringing in my ears again tho, that annexe must be on its way out surely

Eddie
06-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Indeed finke was quality last night, wherent to shabby your self Gray. Sims was good aswell but i have seen him better.

Nice to meet traxx and old bugger aswell.

The Annexe was a bit loud, and i am gutted i never got my beanbag but all in all a very good night.

Stella Boy
06-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Was Sims dropping more of the spanish kind of sound or his normal gear ?. His set on the Split show seemed more darker and heavier than I've heard him play before and better for it IMO.

neko
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
i am gutted i never got my beanbag

tell me about it.
i got waaaaaaaay too comfy sat in that beanbag at one stage. felt like i was glued to it for hours :lol:

eyes without a face
06-11-2004, 02:49 PM
from what i heard of Sims he was playing the usual quite tough tribally stuff... i personally think he is better when he doesnt play quite so fast

Traxx
07-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Sims took the piss imo, well better than the last time i seen him. Finke played a blinder as well. Was very, very blitzed :twisted:

My heads killin now after near two days of it :doh:

jock
07-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Was a class night, Finke was good and built it up well but was no where near as good as Sims, thats what I have been waiting to see for months now, ****ing hard driving tribal techno for full 2hours.

One dissapointing thing though, what the feck was going on with the promotion from Aztec/Monkey Business????? I am impressed that they put on a night of this level but to then almost feck it up due to really poor promotion is diabolical.

Sims never plays in the north west, and due to that there should have been flyers and posters in Manchester/Leeds etc. From talking to other people there was none, they didnt even flyer outside Voodoo last week???? I am not having a go at you Harvey if you read this, but the whole promotion team should be ashamed that there was less than half the club full.

Still, class night and there was lots of fun had back in southport afterward!!! :evil:

oldbugger
07-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Was a class night, Finke was good and built it up well but was no where near as good as Sims, thats what I have been waiting to see for months now, **** hard driving tribal techno for full 2hours.

One dissapointing thing though, what the feck was going on with the promotion from Aztec/Monkey Business????? I am impressed that they put on a night of this level but to then almost feck it up due to really poor promotion is diabolical.

Sims never plays in the north west, and due to that there should have been flyers and posters in Manchester/Leeds etc. From talking to other people there was none, they didnt even flyer outside Voodoo last week???? I am not having a go at you Harvey if you read this, but the whole promotion team should be ashamed that there was less than half the club full.

Still, class night and there was lots of fun had back in southport afterward!!! :evil:

totally agree.

i was gobsmacked at the amount of people who turned out for this, but nobody hardly knew about it.

ben sims on in liverpool should be something to shout about..sadly it wasnt.

still a great night though was just lacking some atmosphere.

Frank Dogshit
07-11-2004, 11:45 AM
sims and finke were superb last night....pity the people of the north never turned out.

Traxx
07-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Its there loss :cool:

neko
07-11-2004, 03:53 PM
just added some pics to my photo album from this night.
have a look, click on the website button in my profile.

Traxx
07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Hahaha some funny photo's there kitten from aztec. Im sure thats my arm grabbing johny's face. sy was looking as blitzed as usual :eh:

Eddie looks like he is constipated on one of them as well :lol: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
brill

278d7e64a374de26f==