PDA

View Full Version : how to plug in an Access Virus KC to SX

tekara
18-10-2004, 06:10 PM
hey guys,

im a bit stumped with this Virus KC that i just bought. My other synths were analogue and i just plugged them in through an audio jack and everything was simple. I though plugging in midi would be a breeze too but it seems theres a few basic concepts that i dont have down right now.

I want to trigger all the sounds from the KC from the KC itself into cubase SX as midi notes where i can then edit and quantitize.

I've plugged the KC midi 'OUT' into my MOTU828 "in". Then vice versa by plugging in 828 midi 'in' to KC midi 'out'. I've messed around with the settings in cubase and tried adding a new 'midi device' in the menus but i still cant get any sound from the KC (i have an old version of SX and it only recognized the Virus A, B, and KB respectively).

What kind of settings do i need to make into cubase for it to respond properly?

The only thing im missing right now are the audio jacks and if i get them tomorrow and plug them in will i get some audio feedback? Cause right now i can see the midi responding in Cubase but i dont get any sound.

Please educate me

cheers :)

H3lx
18-10-2004, 07:25 PM
if youve got no audio jacks out of the virus youre not gonna hear anything

midi only carries performance information such as note on, note off, pitch, duration, etc, not sound

278d7e64a374de26f==