PDA

View Full Version : Sven wittikend on absract

Paul Nisbet
18-10-2004, 07:01 PM
loving this tune to pieces, the kick in it is AMAZIN and the percussion is real nice...

Anyone else liking this?

:rambo:

Traxx
18-10-2004, 07:06 PM
nah not heard it any audio?

Spark
18-10-2004, 10:14 PM
nah not heard it any audio?

Here it is: http://www2.web-records.com/?SUB=pProduct&TPL=product&ProductID=3608662

Nice one..

Traxx
18-10-2004, 10:16 PM
have a listen when i get home no speakers here :cool:

MangaFish
18-10-2004, 10:47 PM
i cant even workout how to listen to the samples :shock:
anyone got an english link? :oops:

eyes without a face
18-10-2004, 10:51 PM
not into this at all

really really fed up of this sound now for sure

Spark
18-10-2004, 11:11 PM
not into this at all

Its getting boring yes

FUSION
18-10-2004, 11:31 PM
im well into this played it at the weekend all the acid people (most) left the dance floor close to tears :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: the few who were left went crazy though and a couple of people made the effort to ask what it was so i guess its one of those love it or hate it tunes.............. good samples at www.tuneinn.com :clap:

tekboi
19-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Sven Wittekind seems to use one track and adds to it or changes it around for other releases, thats what it has sounded like recently, the past few releases have sounded the same to me. The kick and snares used are the same. He is still a good producer no doubt, but I think he needs to start every release from scratch. Natus is similar too sometimes with this same track formula I think.

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 12:09 PM
classic use of templates i think, i for one like to start everytrack from scratch maybe barring a few compression settings etc etc, but seriously nearly every Wittekind release since he made it big has been the same, there's surely not much shelf life left in this sound

DJ Corbzy
19-10-2004, 01:10 PM
been playing this on cd for ages man, wicked track, although it bores you a little after a good caining.

agree with eyes without a face and spark, this sound almost feels like it's gonna have nowhere to go soon.... :neutral:

DJ Corbzy
19-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Spark are you the same guy that made the tracks 'Remarkable Progress' and 'Anxil'??

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 01:12 PM
definately, there is no where to follow on from this sort of stuff, fair play to anyone making it and making a name for themselves, but the saying "one trick pony" springs to mind

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 01:12 PM
he is indeedy, good lad ol sparky!

DJ Corbzy
19-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Loving his tracks man, d/l a good few, am at work and those were the only ones I could remember the names of.

See what your saying eyes, wonder what will happen with the harder sound of techno? Will it just repeat itself into it's own oblivion?

Doesn't mean that I don't love some of the stuff still coming out, but I can see a big problem with the long term of schranz...

Sunil
19-10-2004, 02:34 PM
definately, there is no where to follow on from this sort of stuff,

Really? I would have said hardcore was the next step, I dunno why the lads don't just go mad and take that route.. make it faster/slower, more experimental whatever. Potential problems here in my opinion are that either they have little vision, or that they are being fenced in by the techno market which demands them to make tracks at 145-150 bpm in order to sell well to the core group that regularly buy this stuff.

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 02:43 PM
not at all, hardcore is really very very different to hard techno, especially teh sort these guys make.

and they arnt fenced in by anything, these guys love making hard techno which is cool, but they will find themselves in a couple of years sounding very stale imo

Sunil
19-10-2004, 02:51 PM
not at all, hardcore is really very very different to hard techno, especially teh sort these guys make.

and they arnt fenced in by anything, these guys love making hard techno which is cool, but they will find themselves in a couple of years sounding very stale imo

Sure thing, I forgot you knew everything. You are of course completely right.

schlongfingers
19-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Schlongstep is the way forward. Everything else is wrong, childish and heading down a cul de sac.

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 03:15 PM

no need for that really, was merely expressing my opinion on the matter, im sure we probably have different opinions on hardcore but hard techno is alot different to it imo.........

and its true, alot of people still love the hard techno sound but alot also agree that the particular hard techno sound that these boys have is getting stale already, so what hope do they have for 2, 3 years down the line?

for me personally its just not acceptable to be knocking out the same drum loops for years, there is no artist development or innovation going on there!

Mindful
19-10-2004, 03:18 PM
yep cool track this not seen its effect in a club yet but it deffo makes me shake mi pant legs.
I do like Svens work its good stuff but maybe he does use certain templates quite often :hmm: Not that this bothers me to much they still sound good and its not like im gonna play them all in one set i suppose.

hahaha hard technos goin run out of ideas :shock: i doubt that very much indeed!!!

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 03:21 PM
not hard techno as a whole, its obvious that alot of people here just think of hard techno as Amok, Wittekind etc and this couldnt b further from the truth. i simply feel that this particular sound of hard techno will run dry at some point as there, again imo, too many labels coming out at the moment with the same artists on who are all friends and sharing the same drum loops, techniques so much so that they end up sounding the same

schlongfingers
19-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Techno is techno - at the end of the day it has to be original otherwise it generally sucks. Same applies for all styles of music. Except Schlongstep.

Mindful
19-10-2004, 03:28 PM
that wasnt aimed at you Scott bud i started writing it before you posted ;)

many labels coming out at the moment with the same artists on who are all friends and sharing the same drum loops, techniques so much so that they end up sounding the same
this is how it allways been imo

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 03:42 PM
sclongstep hahahaha!

yeah definately mate, i can see what u mean other little groups probably include Space Djs, Martyn Hare, Fenton, McCormack..... Rush, Viper, Kvitta etc etc, but i just think that particular group of hard techno buffs sound a little TOO similar at times.... this release on abstract had a track each from Seema, Sven, Frank and someone else and imo they sound like they were made in the same session using the same loops, im probably wrong but its the end product that counts and to me the end products here are pretty undistinguishable.

each to their own i guess, horses for courses!

Mindful
19-10-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah man lets just hope these boys go out n show us what they can realy do.

Sunil
19-10-2004, 03:53 PM

no need for that really, was merely expressing my opinion on the matter, im sure we probably have different opinions on hardcore but hard techno is alot different to it imo.........

and its true, alot of people still love the hard techno sound but alot also agree that the particular hard techno sound that these boys have is getting stale already, so what hope do they have for 2, 3 years down the line?

for me personally its just not acceptable to be knocking out the same drum loops for years, there is no artist development or innovation going on there!

It was was established a long time ago that much of this is sounding stale. No points being made here that haven't been made already, sorry.

eyes without a face
19-10-2004, 03:58 PM
i dont care how long ago it was established that this sound is going stale, the geezer posted this and asked for opinions on it, so i gave, simple really.

Unfortunately on message boards like this certain opinions are going to reitterated at times wether we like it or not, it doesnt call for backbiting comments when this happens.

Sunil
19-10-2004, 05:32 PM
i dont care how long ago it was established that this sound is going stale, the geezer posted this and asked for opinions on it, so i gave, simple really.

Unfortunately on message boards like this certain opinions are going to reitterated at times wether we like it or not, it doesnt call for backbiting comments when this happens.

It's been said that their music has reached a bit of a standstill, we agree on that.

On one hand there's complaints that they shouldn't be putting out same sounding stuff and then on the other hand that there's no-where left to go with their sound. What should they do then, give up?

I gave a suggestion on where their music could go, or the general direction. Now if it ain't hardcore or music of that ilk then what would it be? Lighter club techno, drum n'bass?!

massplanck
19-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Techno is techno - at the end of the day it has to be original otherwise it generally sucks. Same applies for all styles of music. Except Schlongstep.

Is this Dark Schlongstep or Experimental Schlongstep you are talking about?

Paul Nisbet
19-10-2004, 07:00 PM
dont agree with comments on the sound running out of ideas really, can be said when peeps are only buyin natus, wittikend tunes etc... but diverse tunes are out there, just takes a little longer to find loads of varied tunes...

Mindful
19-10-2004, 07:07 PM
dont agree with comments on the sound running out of ideas really, can be said when peeps are only buyin natus, wittikend tunes etc... but diverse tunes are out there, just takes a little longer to find loads of varied tunes...

:clap: :clap:

schlongfingers
19-10-2004, 08:02 PM

Agree with you, techno is not running out of ideas - it's just evolution at play. Someone will come along with a whole new style, others will dig it and make similar music, that style then becomes so prevalent that the people buying it get bored - then lo-and-behold a whole new style comes along and everyone jumps on the bandwagon again. It's a merry go round, or a depressawheel depending on how early you join the queue.

The producers to watch are the ones that are varied, innovative and individual - the ones that define a new style, then by the time everyone else has started to rip it off are making completely new sounds.

@ Massplanck - I refer to both types :D but prefer Experischlong.

DJ Corbzy
19-10-2004, 08:52 PM

Yeah I agree with you completely Paul, but I kinda get the feeling that it will run out of freshness pretty quickly...dunno why!

But I still love the schranz coming out....

Sunil
20-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Agree with you, techno is not running out of ideas - it's just evolution at play. Someone will come along with a whole new style, others will dig it and make similar music, that style then becomes so prevalent that the people buying it get bored - then lo-and-behold a whole new style comes along and everyone jumps on the bandwagon again. It's a merry go round, or a depressawheel depending on how early you join the queue.

The producers to watch are the ones that are varied, innovative and individual - the ones that define a new style, then by the time everyone else has started to rip it off are making completely new sounds.

Well I think it was Schranz we were talking about, not techno in general, your points are pretty spot on though.

Personally I still really like the odd Schranz record, but haven't heard or bought a whole lot of it recently.

Adverse
20-10-2004, 12:40 PM
not into this at all

lol yep. scott speaks truth again.

eyes without a face
20-10-2004, 01:29 PM
haha, someone got to! ;)

massplanck
20-10-2004, 03:39 PM

My Ball and Chain likes her HardSchlong.

DJAmok
27-11-2004, 04:40 PM
The one and ONLY problem the Hardtechno scene (or call it Schranz if you want, but Schranz is the Liebing style, not us) has at the moment, is that basically everyone and their uncle is starting their own label and pressing stuff that got turned down from more established labels in the first place.

Basically of all the German kids who send me demo cds and whom I tell "it ain´t good enough yet", one third starts their own label and releases this shit.

Furtheron, since none of these kids have money (neither did I when I started), no one can afford a decent cut. So there´s tons of low budget stuff coming out of cheap pressing plants in Germany, Czech Rep, etc on labels with no idea of promotion, distribution or even a concept. Some of these labels are just kids wanting to make money, cuz they know in th eonline stores, on a 24kb/s real media stream, most costomers cannot tell the quality difference between their stuff and for example a wittekind, arkus p, amok or seema record.

Most distributors can not tell a good hardtechno track from a bad one, so at the moment, they are taking every stupid new label there is.

I will agree that this is damaging the movement and that it´s hurting the scene.

I will agree that as of late, there has not been the amount of quality tunes in this sector as last year.

BUT

the reason for this is not Hardtechno having no where to go. Wittekind, Seema and myself for example have taken a break from producing to experiment a bit and find a way to go with this sound. A small taste of things to come can be heard on the new Artillery releases. After an admittably stale summer, I have seen the faces of the crowds when I first played these new releases at partys and I could read it off their eyes, that they were overjoyed to finally hear creative new stuff again.

Hardtechno is far from dead! It is evolving into something new. What? That remains to be seen (or heard).

On a side note: Hardtechno can not exist by itself. A night full of 150+bpm madness will bore the crowd. But so will a night of 140bpm looptechno every weekend or techhouse / clickhouse for that matter. Techno has always been diverse, that was what made it big. Nowadays people make a fuss about 5bpm difference and call it a new style and try to split it from the rest. But all that dividing will succeed in doing, is makin the cake smaller for everyone. I say throw all you got in the mix (techno, schranz, hardtechno, hardcore, acid, u name it) and lets bake a bigger cake for everyone.

TRB
27-11-2004, 06:15 PM
On a side note: Hardtechno can not exist by itself. A night full of 150+bpm madness will bore the crowd. But so will a night of 140bpm looptechno every weekend or techhouse / clickhouse for that matter. Techno has always been diverse, that was what made it big. Nowadays people make a fuss about 5bpm difference and call it a new style and try to split it from the rest. But all that dividing will succeed in doing, is makin the cake smaller for everyone. I say throw all you got in the mix (techno, schranz, hardtechno, hardcore, acid, u name it) and lets bake a bigger cake for everyone.

I agree with you, here in Brasil we have some problems too. People think it's too hard or too fast, but they allways like to say something bad about different kinds of techno. In the past people loved Acid over here, now the same people hate. Same thing it's happening with hard techno.

But we still have a good crowd and nice parties.

Techno never will die.

loopdon
28-11-2004, 10:40 AM

believe me, it's SVEN WITTEKIND, not wittekend or whatever... ;)

loopdon
28-11-2004, 10:45 AM
@ Dj Amok: Schön gesagt.

killarava2day
28-11-2004, 11:32 AM
It sucks arse forking out money for a tune that sounds great on the net, and then sounds pathetic on the table. One of these days I will learn to stop buying them too.

DJAmok
28-11-2004, 09:37 PM
That´s why Artillery and Crowbar are at Curve Pusher now :rambo:

Oh and to all the haters who keep saying hard techno is going to die, know this:

Contrary to what many established artists think, going soft is not the cure for running out of ideas. Which probably explains all the uninspired soft shit on the market at the moment :lol:

Sunil
28-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Personally I think the new Seema one on Artillery is deadly :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==