PDA

View Full Version : roland mc-202 portamento / accent ?

anode
19-10-2004, 12:55 PM
any tips on programmin this little bugger would be great!:)

how do i get my lines to slide and wobble?

the user manual is a peice a shit hehe

AcidMutant
19-10-2004, 03:25 PM
It's ages since I've programmed mine (or seen my manual) but I believe when your in step edit (editing the timings) or one of the other edit modes (by pressing the edit button a few times?) then you press the accent or portamento buttons and a little black square appears in the edit window at one side to show its on for that note. I think its in the timing bit, you then put in the duration of the note and press enter.

You could try 202 Hack (http://www.defectiverecords.com/202hack/index.html) Its a convertor that takes MIDI files and outputs audio in the 202 file format which you then load into the audio inputs on the back of the 202 for sequence data. A bit like the old skool spectrum cassette loading mechanism!!!

anode
19-10-2004, 03:59 PM
yer i can add portamento and accent but what do the numbers for the note lengths mean what measurement?

with that 202 hack can u make a sequence on ya computer with say cubase? then save it as a midi file, then u go from ya sound card audio out to the tape sync? its not very clear on the site have u used it?

AcidMutant
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
I haven't used 202 hack myself, I just use a little MIDI to CV convertor to play my 202 although its not great as I need to get the 202 modified to get rid of the latency (the input pitch goes through the sequencer first - this also means you loose the ability to do pitch bends from a control keyboard if not modified).

The numbers represent the length of the notes - theres little pictures of the note type under some of the keys - if you press one of them in step mode then it puts up the number. I think a quater note works out as 48 or something. Use the dot (.) key to get a length + 1/2. I think the gate times tend to default to 1/2 the note length when editing it.

278d7e64a374de26f==