PDA

View Full Version : need DAW desk!!!

hiroprotagonist
19-10-2004, 06:25 PM
im driving myself crazy trying to move into my new flat in central london. on top of that i cant seem to find a good budget DAW desk! i have a radium 49 controller, virus classic, notebook, RM1X, and tascam interface i need to fit on this desk and i cant seem to find one big enough!!
ive already looked through Argos and Ikea and im not having much luck. id like to try and keep my price below 100£ could anyone suggest anything?

messyfuture
19-10-2004, 07:39 PM
your local builders yard :lol:

breeze blocks and a few bits of wood

and you will probably have change

hiroprotagonist
20-10-2004, 09:35 AM
... :clap: i shouldve thought of that...

auditory hallucinations
20-10-2004, 12:34 PM
or, Ikea do these tressle table things - basically two wooden stands. then just get a big bit of wood :lol: and slap it on top

should cost about £50, plus you can adjust the height and stuff. oh, and also, you can fit a rack between one tressle leg, and an amp between the other...

hiroprotagonist
20-10-2004, 04:46 PM
i think is ee what youre talking about. good idea. im going this saturday so ill try and post what i get in case anyone is interested

auditory hallucinations
20-10-2004, 05:28 PM
they are wicked, just take measurments of your space beforehand and get a piece of mdf (or whatever they call that wood stuff) cut to size - they should do it free in b & q

when you've got it set up you'll find it's ultra sturdy and stable, plus like i say you can adjust the height to suit. i've got my monitors, vdu, midi controller & some synths all on the top, and the amp and rack on l & r tressle legs, with the pc in between

perfik!

Basil Rush
21-10-2004, 02:15 PM
We re-enforced the wood across our ikea trestles with a couple of housing joists giving us a 9 foot span between the tables, then cut a hole 19" wide in the top and dropped the rack kit though it.

auditory hallucinations
22-10-2004, 12:52 PM
a modded ikea tressle :shock:

now that's what i'm talking about :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==