PDA

View Full Version : Double X - A:Live - Kanzleramt

Dustin Zahn
19-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Anybody dig this album? Some of the tracks were hit or miss, but I have a soft spot for Double X. Did anyone get the CD release? I hear there is some live video on there...that might be interesting to see.

The Overfiend
20-10-2004, 02:41 AM
The video is shit hot.

Craig McW
20-10-2004, 06:07 AM
I dislike about half the album and absolutely adore the other half. Their recent 12 was diamond as well....

Love Kowalski, his productions are usually quality and somewhat forward thinking.

Dustin Zahn
20-10-2004, 06:27 AM
Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth. Kanzleramt's tracks usually do the best job of growing on me though. I'll be an EP for one track, but end up loving another.

Craig McW
20-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Kanzleramt are a personal fave for sure. Diego for instance releases some shit hot material on that label..... :clap:

Bas Mooy
20-10-2004, 08:47 AM
big fan of Kowalski myself...got some wicked tunes in my bag from the man. Never heard him perform unfortunately...

tioneb
20-10-2004, 07:26 PM
listened to that in the shop today ... really like one of the tracks (a kindof chicago_ish track with some shuffle rythms and glimpses of 303

other tracks are very average imo, but good compared to some other labels heheh

ka still do good job

scienceofuse
21-10-2004, 02:29 PM
big fan of Kowalski myself...got some wicked tunes in my bag from the man. Never heard him perform unfortunately...

Saw him live in a small club setting at K4 in Ljubljana - his live performance made me want to get home and play with knobs :lol: ... His production is top notch and so was his performance - the tracks were blending seamlessly and the rhythm kept a steady pace, punctured by groovy melodies and big basslines... :clap: Defo worth checking out.

As for Double X - my favourite is the Charis EP on Kanzleramt... The new album is cool, but I don't dig all the tracks on there. Can't wait for a new Kowalski album though...

audioinjection
21-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Kanzleramt is my fav. label and Diego my fav. producer, very different style techno, very original

Kowalski/Double X is sick too

Dustin Zahn
21-10-2004, 06:21 PM
As for Double X - my favourite is the Charis EP on Kanzleramt... The new album is cool, but I don't dig all the tracks on there. Can't wait for a new Kowalski album though...

Completely agreed. I also can't believe how many people slept on the Charis EP.

The Overfiend
27-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Bumping the quality ones.

278d7e64a374de26f==