PDA

View Full Version : Fruity help......

eyes without a face
20-10-2004, 09:25 PM
right guys, in Fruity, i have a sequence programmed into the piano roll, its a nice little riff using the novation vstation... i want to bring the riff in fading it in with the modulation attack perameter... i have this linked up one of the rotary controls on my evolution mk449c midi controller, and this works fine when im playing the track and i can practise getting it to sweep in in time...

but how do i record this???!!! when i try to do it in the pattern mode and record it, it plays the sequence just once and then keeps on running but i need it to continue so i can sequence the sweep in

this is perplexing me something rotten as i really need to be able to to do this, its a simple technique for sure but essential to the track

any takers?

thanks in advance

xfive
20-10-2004, 10:06 PM
If you're in pattern mode it should keep repeating the pattern.....
It's been quite a while since I've used fruity tho... :lol:
Where is it recording the automation data to?
I always had to do that sorta thing in the song layout screen....

xfive
20-10-2004, 10:12 PM
If you're in pattern mode it should keep repeating the pattern.....
It's been quite a while since I've used fruity tho... :lol:
Where is it recording the automation data to?
I always had to do that sorta thing in the song layout screen....

schlongfingers
20-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Hmm, I think I understand what you are asking - maybe not tho.

If I'm picking you up right, all you need to do is:

switch to song mode

fill in your sequence pattern for the length of time you want it to cover
select the sequence on the timeline (ie drag in the top of the playlist where the orange arrow indicator sits) so that it is highlighted in red

enter one block on a new, empty pattern and make sure you've selected that pattern in the playlist

hit record, press play and tweak

any help?[/list]

schlongfingers
20-10-2004, 10:16 PM
are you in pattern mode xfive? flick ya switch man :D

But really - I think the forum is being a little buggy this evening!

xfive
20-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Crikey
WTF!!!!

xfive
20-10-2004, 10:27 PM
:lol: :lol:

Yeah no idea what that was...
but you're right schlongy - that's kinda what I was getting at about being in song mode etc.

cheers

eyes without a face
20-10-2004, 11:41 PM
wikid mate just tried it and thats the one, ur a star!

im not quite sure how it does it tho? im guessing it simply records the midi info onto this other channel (ive used channel 14 in this case)

but anyway cheers nice one!

eyes without a face
21-10-2004, 12:05 AM
few little problems with it but im sure il iron this out tommorow

thanks again

schlongfingers
21-10-2004, 12:20 AM
wikid mate just tried it and thats the one, ur a star!

im not quite sure how it does it tho? im guessing it simply records the midi info onto this other channel (ive used channel 14 in this case)

but anyway cheers nice one!

That's no problem - fruity is great innit!

Basically the reason I told you to create a new pattern is:

A - because it is really easy to forget where you put in automation otherwise

B - If you put automation on the same pattern as the actual sequence it retriggers the automation every time it plays the sequence - preventing you from applying automation over a few bars to the same sequence.. phew!

It is really good practise with Fruity to designate a pattern specifically for automation, that way it's easy to keep track of where everything is.

Ah - stop press - http://djbb.dk/Floops/index.php?cat=tut-6-automation - this actually explains more coherently the way I was suggesting you automate - sorry I should have just linked this but didn't think to google before I posted ;-) there are some nice other tidbits there in the tutorials section.

xfive
21-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah that's a good idea... similar to Unlinked loop envelopes in Live3/4 :)

eyes without a face
21-10-2004, 01:02 AM
that link is ace, cheers dude!

i have sussed the automation out but when it plays it back its not exactly how i recorded it, maybe i need to look at the edit events section and smooth it off i dunno, but its late now so il do that tommorow

cheers

djsirround
01-11-2004, 07:53 AM
I don't know if I got you, but may be you can use the EVENTS function? or isn't the case?

278d7e64a374de26f==