PDA

View Full Version : PUNISHBLUE 001

markus
21-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Not too into "Me so", but I am definitely digging "Night" :rambo:

Mindful
21-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I got it yesterday and Im not sure if I would of bought it if it was just a normal red punish release.Think the collecters side of me bought it.

Ive had a proper listen to it now tho and im glad i bought it its perty smart.

The Overfiend
21-10-2004, 08:06 PM
I liked both sides to be blunt.

Mindful
21-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah i like both sides to.
One sides more technoish than usual Punish Releses(if that makes sense)
Im on about the side with the"love you long time"sample.

markus
21-10-2004, 09:31 PM
At first I wasn't really into the "me so horny" track, good track, just didn't seem to fit my taste. But for some reason the more I listen to this track, the more it grows on me.

I originally bought the record for the "night dog" track, has a nice evil sound to it.

I'm glad I got this one cuz I'm loving both sides now :love:

The Germ
21-10-2004, 11:28 PM
got this in june and i have not took it out of my box since the start of the summer wicked tunes

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 01:04 AM
wasnt overly impressed with it to be honest.... but ive never been a huge Punish fan so it figures

basslinejunkie
22-10-2004, 12:46 PM
'could do better' is/was how i summed it up.really lookin forward to hearing the new wilson/mark an chrissi combo though :cool:

Mucky Beats
22-10-2004, 12:50 PM
i like the "me so" side its a good mixer nice and fat kick drum!

Joseph Isaac
22-10-2004, 06:22 PM
It's all about "Night" on this EP...

davethedrummer
22-10-2004, 06:42 PM
i like it
it's got a good beat
and you can bug out to it! :cool:

The Germ
22-10-2004, 08:07 PM
henry u bugger! :rambo:

fatcollective
23-10-2004, 12:12 PM
not a super doper tunage, but its one of them that wll always fit in!...i'd give it a 6/10 :clap:

Adverse
23-10-2004, 02:55 PM
humphries owns this release.

Heroes
23-10-2004, 04:55 PM
as long as theres something for the most of you then mission accomplished :lol:

StoQ
23-10-2004, 08:05 PM
i'm not impressed, but like this release

jonnyspeed
24-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Don't know what is it about Punish Blue but it doesn't have a spark of genius that makes it worth buying - heard this EP a couple of times and think its a filler, at best.

The Overfiend
24-10-2004, 08:39 PM
I wish all the people around here who are so negative about this and that would show us what they have done.
It's a weird thing to read someone say this took no imaginitive process and what not, but do you even know how hard it is to learn certain production techniques to even build up to what they are putting out?
In my opinion unless you are a producer or fricking Speedy j or any other producer with a smidge of production technique and skill, can someone really say this is unimaginative or it blows. And that goes for how i feel with many releases, it's one thing to hear a loop a kick and a melody, that's cheap. But there's certain things you cant go wrong with. Maybe I'm just objective, but seriously man. Too much negativity ain't cool.

The Overfiend
24-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I happen to like this one
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF156040-01-01-01.mp3
The break on this one is nice as hell as well.
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF156040-01-02-01.mp3

just proving my points.

Traxx
24-10-2004, 08:52 PM
People dont have to produce to have a opinion sam.

Traxx
24-10-2004, 08:53 PM
People dont have to produce to have a opinion sam.

The Overfiend
24-10-2004, 09:11 PM
I understand man, I agree and maybe was a bit rash, but at the same time it's not easy to put effort into writing a track and releasing it, for someone to say it was filler or unimaginitve. Takes a lot of thought to make music man.

Traxx
24-10-2004, 09:51 PM
I can understand where you are coming from also. But for each person that thinks a track is a filler there will be another who thinks that its a floor killer. Each to there own, opinions will always vary.

dirty_bass
24-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I have to disagree Sam
I can`t really see anything imaginative about Me So Horny. I honestly don`t think it would take long to replicate this tune.
Punish has hit a formula and has been stuck for time now.
The only thing that has changed from the usual heavily compressed loops, is the 2 note synth line, and the sample from Full Metal Jacket.

Humphries track is a bit more imaginative in my opinion, it contains some more interesting production elements (some polyrhythms) and progresses. But then humphries always was the better producer in my opinion.

Overall, how is this a progression (or even something that stands out) from previous punish releases?

jonnyspeed
25-10-2004, 02:28 AM
I wish all the people around here who are so negative about this and that would show us what they have done.
It's a weird thing to read someone say this took no imaginitive process and what not, but do you even know how hard it is to learn certain production techniques to even build up to what they are putting out?
In my opinion unless you are a producer or fricking Speedy j or any other producer with a smidge of production technique and skill, can someone really say this is unimaginative or it blows. And that goes for how i feel with many releases, it's one thing to hear a loop a kick and a melody, that's cheap. But there's certain things you cant go wrong with. Maybe I'm just objective, but seriously man. Too much negativity ain't cool.

I think this is a balanced post with a few yes and a few no. What would I do? remove some of the slush off the top end and work at stronger more varied percussion.

As for not having an opinion on what you like just because you aren't a producer is just laughable.

The Overfiend
25-10-2004, 02:37 AM

I think this is a balanced post with a few yes and a few no. What would I do? remove some of the slush off the top end and work at stronger more varied percussion.

As for not having an opinion on what you like just because you aren't a producer is just laughable.

I didn't mean it like that, I mean it in a sense of put yourself in the artist shoes for a second, a track isn't exactly the easiest thing to conjure up.

The Germ
26-10-2004, 03:40 AM
pop dat pussy steve pop it! :nono:

dirty_bass
26-10-2004, 12:33 PM
pop dat pussy steve pop it!
que?

jonnyspeed
26-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Agreed - it takes effort and nerve to put a track out

Heroes
26-10-2004, 02:45 PM
The 1st thing you have to learn about being a producer is how to take criticism...........

Traxx
26-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Shame more people dont think like this.

Heroes
26-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I made "me so horny" and own punish so as a labelowner and producer you have to learn to take critisism be it good or bad or from experienced producers or novices. as long as the comments are not hypocritical iam ok with it all !!!!

Traxx
26-10-2004, 06:35 PM
:clap:

The Overfiend
27-10-2004, 08:03 AM
I made "me so horny" and own punish so as a labelowner and producer you have to learn to take critisism be it good or bad or from experienced producers or novices. as long as the comments are not hypocritical iam ok with it all !!!!
Good Point.

DEVICE
04-11-2004, 06:38 PM
as long as theres something for the most of you then mission accomplished :lol:

Everything is not for everbody.

Yea, mission accomplished!!! well done....

davedogg
04-11-2004, 07:36 PM
I dig alot of Glenn Wilson's productions.. he's up in my top 5 producers.. but this particular release didn't impress me enough to make me want to buy it.. :neutral:

278d7e64a374de26f==