PDA

View Full Version : Convoluted Sensation w/ Antonio Lugo Rmx

xfive
21-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Fruits of the new studio, plus a remix by our own Antonio Lugo.

http://ns.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_convoluted_sensation-final.mp3
http://ns.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_convoluted_sensation-antonio_lugo_remix.mp3

Whatcha think fellas...

markus
21-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Fruits of the new studio, plus a remix by our own Antonio Lugo.

http://ns.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_convoluted_sensation-final.mp3
http://ns.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_convoluted_sensation-antonio_lugo_remix.mp3

Whatcha think fellas...

Wicked tracks, both are excellent!

John Vella
21-10-2004, 09:02 PM
^^^^^^

I agree!! :clap:

-j

djkilo
21-10-2004, 09:26 PM
yea both were excellent tracks
xfive i love your bassline its groovin me right out my seat and you got some real wacky sounds in there that make this an incredibly fun track i'd definetly play it

THE LUGO MONSTER - the New Joisey Tribal Techno Hero himself shakes my house once again with hard pounding kicks and bass and high hats that are relentless to tweak your ear drums to pieces i love it alot

Both tracks excellent i'd play both of them any time annywhere any day

Keep rockin

Kilo

djkilo
21-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Whoops double post sorry

Mindful
21-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Sweet tracks.
Kilo sums up the first one perfectly top groovy bassline n a fun track.
I would deffo play the second one nice and driving.
There both great tracks in different ways.

Well done.

j_s
22-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Impressive stuff. The orginal is particularly interesting - proper wonky sounding stuff.
Kudos.

Evil G
22-10-2004, 02:16 AM
i dig your bassline a lot too, chris. but i guess you probably wanted critique as well as compliments eh? only thing i can say is that it sounds a wee bit boxy and busy. i think this is one of your best yet.

the remix is class. very solid.

xfive
22-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated :)
We both had fun doing these.

G - Not sure whatcha mean by boxy... lol, but thanks for the feedback :)
I'm sure if these were to be released on labels that we'd probably have to fix a thing or two here and there anyhow heheh

Evil G
22-10-2004, 09:02 PM
subjective terms for sound are always hard. :) when i say boxy, i mean it sounds like having a cardboard box over your head. sortof like too much reverb, but with a really close feeling instead of the faraway feeling that too much reverb usually causes. it's probably just a product of the track being so complicated and my poor brain not being able to keep up with all the sounds.

but anyway, it was a minor nitpick. nice work again. :)

fatcollective
23-10-2004, 11:52 PM
...the first track is nice, good production, good variation of sound, well produced and overall pretty shit hot...nice one!

....the second track....not as much imagination gone in there, but still a rockin tune, quite repetative, but well produced and i like the way it has a distorted sound but still on the funky level ...

yeah i would probably play this sort of stuff in my set!

dirty_bass
25-10-2004, 02:27 AM
The first track has a lot of sounds that seem like they are GM sounds from a yamaha or something. they feel very thin, and digital.
I think the elements could be separated with better eq as well, as a lot of the sounds share the same frequency range.
Mad track though. Very cheeky.

The second track does the job right from the get go.
A little too repetitive, bit the really strong marching percussion just about gets away with it.

Putting Mr Wilsons Punish efforts to shame in my opinion.

You seem to have hit a seam of gold on you current mining expedition Tony, keep it up dude.

Adverse
25-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Putting Mr Wilsons Punish efforts to shame in my opinion.

word.

dan the acid man
25-10-2004, 08:37 PM
the first track is a little too busy for my liking, but there are some nice elements in there, i would just have used a few of those ideas though.

as for antonio's remix, well you have a great quality of writing percussion thats smack's you around the head, and then repeatedly batters you with something heavy until your black and blue,............................ great stuff, i love the synth that come's in later, that would sound :love: on a fat rig

detfella
26-10-2004, 01:28 AM
remix is a solid relentless track, something i'd use as a mixing track but not standalone. nice groove again tho (2nd trac ive listened to from u)

like the original too, i think u do the same thing as me with production, bump the bass too loud or something, seems like the kick has dissapeared & lacking some power.

278d7e64a374de26f==