PDA

View Full Version : Eight Minutes of Hate.

matt303
22-10-2004, 11:07 AM
This is a track made by a friend of mine and myself, it is our first time working together...jon is the man with the skills, i'm just an ideas man. Anyway and feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

http://www.highfishrecordings.co.uk/sneaky/eight_minutes_of_hate.mp3

log:one
22-10-2004, 11:38 AM
well i cant pretend to be impartial on this but i bloody love it.

i love the atmosphere in the track, and some of those dirty distorted bell type noises really do it for me. and vocals from one of the best books ive ever read help too.

id say its pretty surprising that this is the first one you guys have done together too, cos your minds have melded extremely well to create something that is quite clearly both of yours, not just jon the producer's.

so basically boys, kudos, and keep em comin!

j_s
22-10-2004, 01:52 PM
This is great. Not overly keen on the bass, but thats probably my only complaint...

Driving, but still full of eerie, spacey sounds. Good shit, will look forward to hearing more stuff from you....

fatcollective
24-10-2004, 12:06 AM
i wouldnt go for this in my dj set...but hey i love techno and this is a sure good techno track...very mild, but well produced.... i have reviewed a few tunes on here tonight and i am WELL IMPRESED and this being another track that i think is wikid....although it aint bangin its still really nice...and its a thumbs up from me ..cheers :lol:

dirty_bass
25-10-2004, 02:18 AM
I got sent this a little while ago, by carl.
I know it`s Johns first foray into techno, and I have to say I`m impressed.
And although not banging in the predictable and tired boom-tish boom-tish way, I reckon this would rip up a forward thinking dancefloor.
Dudes, please get my label email from Londontechno.co.uk and keep me up to date on what you are doing.

As for a little critique.
I think the tops on this could do with more volume to cut through and balance of the mix.

matt303
25-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys, we appreciate your comments and advice. We were not really going for something banging, just the sort of music we'd like to hear and play out. We are really pleased, a bit surprized even, with the results and we are going to work on some more stuff very soon.

dan the acid man
25-10-2004, 08:00 PM
this is great, lots of nice dark noises coming in and out, i agree on making the highs a little louder though

detfella
26-10-2004, 01:33 AM
too long for me! if this was on a record, i'd have mixed out after 3mins! anyway. nice overall track with decent beats & a moody atmosphere. more action in a shorter time would be what i want.

acidsaturation
09-11-2004, 07:45 PM
This is gonna give me nightmares!
Wicked!

278d7e64a374de26f==