PDA

View Full Version : Tescam Mixer

Mucky Beats
22-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Not shure if i should put this in this forum but i car'nt see anywhere else to put it?

I've got a pioner 600 and i'm selling it ...
i'm not shure wether to get another 600 or a tescam(i think its the x9)
It just its just i have not been on the tescam but had heard wicked things about it ...
what should i do....please help?

dan the acid man
22-10-2004, 12:56 PM
why would you sell your 600 only to buy another 600 :eh:

also, i never buy anything without trying it somewhere first, unless i know people who have used it who like the same things as me

Mucky Beats
22-10-2004, 01:34 PM
why would you sell your 600 only to buy another 600 :eh:

also, i never buy anything without trying it somewhere first, unless i know people who have used it who like the same things as me

i run a few nights where the 600 is used and its been to a few 2 day raves(red line) so its had a good life :cool: and its now time to pass it on to my mate who will give it a good home :cry:

your right about the not buying something without trying it ..thats what is stoping me getting the tescam! but from what i hear you can do things that the 600 just carnt do :?:

fatcollective
22-10-2004, 01:57 PM
get another 600...at the end of the day Pioneer DJM600's are gonna be in almost any club you go to these days, so its always good to be familiar with the mixer...if ya see what im sayin!

jon connor
22-10-2004, 02:02 PM
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GET THE TASCAM X9
REASONS :?:

A) THE SOUND THAT COMES OFF AN X9 IS AMAZING!
B) IT IS ONE OF THE ULTIMATE TECHNO MIXERS AS IT WAS HELPED IN IT`S DESIGN BY OUR GRAND DADDY HIMSELF "DAVE CLARKE"

C) THE 600 IS AN AMAZING MIXER YES WE NO, WEVE ALL HAMMERD IT,BUT THE SOUND THAT COMES OFF IT IS SHIT ON BIG RIGS.THIS IS BECAUSE ALL THE EQ POTS ON A 600 ARE FILLTERED .

IF YOU GET A 500 + A 600 TOGETHER YOU WILL GET A BETTER SOUND FROM THE 500 AS IT HAS NO FILTERS ON THE EQ POTS!

YOU CANT HAVE 1 WITHOUT THE OTHER GOD NO`S WHY PIONEER HAVENT SORTED THIS PROBLEM :?:
YOU EITHER HAVE AMAZING EFFECTS WITH A SHIT SOUND, OR LESS EFFECTS WITH AN AMAZING SOUND!

THERE IS A WAY OF DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR ANY CLUB ENGINEERS WITH THE 600.
"hit the mike talk over button + put a beer bottle lid over it with sum blue tack so the dj doesent knock it back on again, this will nock 4 db off the mixer then bring the volume up on your amps etc! this is the only way to get a better sound out of a 600" (or just slave it with a technics scratch mixer if you av 1)

D) SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSEL + GO GET THE TASCAM X9 IT`S THE DADDY! LIKE I SAID BEFORE IT`S THE BEST MIXER FOR TECHNO AT THE MOMENT! TRUST ME! ;)

jon connor
22-10-2004, 02:06 PM
get another 600...at the end of the day Pioneer DJM600's are gonna be in almost any club you go to these days, so its always good to be familiar with the mixer...if ya see what im sayin!

IT`S GOOD TO BE FAMILIAR WITH AS MANY MIXERS YOU CAN!

THATS WHY IM TELLING YA TO GET THE TASCAM YOU ALREADY NO THE SCORE WITH THE 600 AS YOU AV HAMMERED IT,
;)

Scott Kemix
22-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Yea would defo go with the Tascam, excellent build, i am thinkin of gettin one 2, or maybe the allen &heath x-zone, this is a little puppy.
Its good to see john, that you are still around, ring me a.s.a.p.

ScottKemix.

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 02:22 PM
for the money the Tascam is awful... and Clarke's involvement with the mixer doesnt run as deep as everyone thinks, he simply gave some recommendations for it but doesnt endorse it in any way and certainly doesnt use it himself. Its a terrible mixer imo and to be honest so is the djm600, the effects are really cheap sounding and if ur serious about getting a new mixer then Allen Heath is the only way to go.

the build on the Allen Heath is superior to any other mixer on the market and i feel it always will be...

Allen Heath with penny and giles crossfader and then ur talking a serious mixer

jon connor
22-10-2004, 02:34 PM
YEAP I NO WOT YOU MEAN I WOULD OF SAID THE ALLEN + HEATH , BUT IT`S A BIT PRICEY! I THOUGHT HE WANTED TO STAY IN THE 600 X9 LIMMIT.

I DONT THINK THERE IS A MIXER THAT PLAYS TECHNO BETTER THAN A ALLEN + HEATH

JUST DONT LIKE THERE LAYOUT, + LITTLE BUTTONS EVERY WHERE THAT YOU KNOCK WITH YOUR HANDS BY AXCIDENT, + WONDER WOT THE HELLS GOIN ON,

BUT STILL THE DAADY OF SOUND QUALITY IS ALLEN + HEATH IN MY BOOK ANYWAY! ;)

COOL FOR INFO ON THE X9 DOOD I THOUGHT CLARKE DESIGEND IT,+ I WAS TOLD THAT FROM A GOOD SOURCE ASWEL,.

;)

Mucky Beats
22-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I think a tescam would maybe worth a go!
also anyone know where i can get a set of monitors for a small rig???

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 02:44 PM
last time i checked the Tascam was selling for nearly a £1000! that was when it first came out tho, its probably dropped now but if ur spending anywhere near £600 for a brand new Djm then ud be stupid not to get an Allen Heath instead... no amount of effects makes up for the shoddy, plastic build of the 600...

yeah alot of people thought Clarke had more to do with it but he never, the aim was to get him really involved in it but i think complications arose and it turned out that he had very little to do with it in the end... the only thing it can do over a 600 is the fact is has 2 simultaneous effects, and imo opinion having 1 effect at a time is over doing it at times never mind 2... and anyway, i reckon those who use effects too much are only compensating for having shit records! haha ;)

jon connor
22-10-2004, 02:50 PM
HE! HE! I NO WOT YOU MEAN , BUT THERE IS ACTUALLY A WAY OF MIXING TECHNO WITH EFFECTS, CLARKE IS LIKE A MECHANIC WITH A 600 , IVE STOOD BEHIND HIM A FEW TIMES AND WATCHED, UNREAL WOT THAT GUY CAN DO MAN! :cool:

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 02:54 PM
yeah for sure, ive got a djm 600 here but i have infact got my old numark 2002x setup instead!

schlongfingers
22-10-2004, 02:57 PM
HE! HE! I NO WOT YOU MEAN , BUT THERE IS ACTUALLY A WAY OF MIXING TECHNO WITH EFFECTS, CLARKE IS LIKE A MECHANIC WITH A 600 , IVE STOOD BEHIND HIM A FEW TIMES AND WATCHED, UNREAL WOT THAT GUY CAN DO MAN! :cool:

Yeah man, bpm counter linked flanging, delay and reverb - cerrrrrazy!

Mucky Beats
22-10-2004, 02:59 PM

fair point dude .... maybe your right on that one....

:cool: eyes with out a face you make some good points ... i will have to check the allen and heath out i've seen it before ....but how much is it?

thanks to all for the feedback :clap: keep um coming please!

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 03:09 PM
im not too sure of the prices, i think it goes Xone 32, 64, 92? check out sapphire and Djstore for some prices, i think they maybe a little more expensive than the pionneers but well well worth it, they are just soooo nice to use, the faders and pots are of THE highest quality

jon connor
22-10-2004, 03:10 PM

Yeah man, bpm counter linked flanging, delay and reverb - cerrrrrazy!

awwwwww! i love bending some heads with this bastard, i used to watch carfully and log in my head effects settings dave clarke was doing, till in the end it came fluently :lol: i scared the shit out of a few engineers he! he! echo in the mix drop between 1+20 awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! the rig rumbles like an earh quake, ive done it on some really heavy 20 to 40k bastards he! he! you got to drop your level fader when you do it , otherwise you will blow the rig..................it`s dodgy thats why i say engineers would be pulling there hair out when ive done this a few times NAUGHTY! :lol:

schlongfingers
22-10-2004, 03:33 PM
awwwwww! i love bending some heads with this bastard, i used to watch carfully and log in my head effects settings dave clarke was doing, till in the end it came fluently :lol: i scared the shit out of a few engineers he! he! echo in the mix drop between 1+20 awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! the rig rumbles like an earh quake, ive done it on some really heavy 20 to 40k bastards he! he! you got to drop your level fader when you do it , otherwise you will blow the rig..................it`s dodgy thats why i say engineers would be pulling there hair out when ive done this a few times NAUGHTY! :lol:

I was being a bit sarcastic to be honest :D - yeah I know what you mean use of effects can sound great (when used sparingly), but I can't give anyone props for doing them well on a Pioneer - it's very simple once you've got the principal of it, anyone could do it.

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 03:36 PM
bpm counter linked flanging, delay and reverb

id like to see anyone do this on a Djm, its not poss hahahaha

anything Clarke does on the pionneer can be achieved in seconds at home, echo on, sort the bpm out, in the parameters 300 and above and ur sorted, piss easy

jon connor
22-10-2004, 03:38 PM
YEA! I NO.

SPARINGLY IS A GOOD WORD! BUT CAN DO SUM MAGIK WITH THEM!
;)

schlongfingers
22-10-2004, 03:46 PM
bpm counter linked flanging, delay and reverb

Oi I didn't mean altogether ya plank.

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 03:52 PM
haha i know, u plank! ;)

Dj Swannie
22-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I have got a Tascam x9, the only grumble i have with it is that the eq's on each channel have a slight delay to take effect when you turn them which is quite enoying when you first use it. Im used to it now so it doesnt bother me. The thing's i like about it the most is the smoothnes of all the faders & the 2 fx units which imo are the best fx ive heard from a mixer & you can do so much with them to. Also you can hook foot pedels up to it so you can trigger the fx from them, some mad shit i can tell u :lol:

I got mine second hand for £500 about 18 months ago, i wouldnt want to pay much more than that as i'd be tempted with an A&H as most clubs that ive played at have had them & i think to be honest its a better overall mixer.

TRB
25-10-2004, 06:01 AM
I really don't like Allen Heath mixer. I used last month at Lov.e Club and I guess my dj set was so so. They have a DJM 600 too , but was broken. I played there 3 times and the last one with Allen Heath was terrible, people liked but I hated. To be honest, I hope don't play with this mixer again. This same day Ana from PetDuo played with me. So we asked for a DJM 600, because they have one. But was broken. :shock:

I like to do some cuts, effects and etc. So for me this isn't a nice mixer. I had some problems to understand how do my dj set using this mixer. I did 2 dj sets, 1h:30 min and then + 30min. The first 15 minutes was so bad, then was way better.

If I can't choose, well, I will play with A&H. Maybe the dj set will be better. Because now I know more about this mixer.

The 97,7 FM here in São Paulo have a Tascam mixer. I used 3 times, was ok for me. I liked. I wish know more about the effects, look very nice. I tested some effects during the set, live at radio, and was ok. Not too much special I guess, but if I can pratice, I know I can do better.

I have a DJM 500, so maybe for me it's easier because I have this mixer. When I play with a DJM 500 or 600 is allways better. I can do my dj set without any problem.

Here in Brazil the favorite mixer is DJM 500/600.

Mucky Beats
25-10-2004, 10:14 PM
thanks all for all your comments its good to hear them all! :clap:

dirty_bass
25-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Allen and heath all the way. Wouldn`t sulley a rig with anything less.
Lovely filters and EQ, lovely sound.
Sod the effects, people who use em, just need to play better music.

serox
26-10-2004, 10:17 AM
i like the AH mixer, but i dont need to spend so much on a mixer. all i ever use is the xfader/channels etc:( i always thought the FX were ued to hide mistakes ?:(

fatcollective
26-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Allen and heath all the way. Wouldn`t sulley a rig with anything less.
Lovely filters and EQ, lovely sound.
Sod the effects, people who use em, just need to play better music.

I cant agree there, Djs who use effects properly have got talent and know there tunes very well...i have heard Djs use the effects on different mixers and this has made there set really interesting....yeah..if an amature ****s with the effcts it can go horribly wrong, but do it properly and it sounds great!

jon connor
26-10-2004, 05:51 PM
HMHMM! I THINK A LOT OF YOU ON HERE ARE MISTAKING THE ADVANTAGES OF THE ON BOARD SAMPLER OF A 600, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THERE IS AWAY OF MIXING WITH EFFECTS, + YES U COULD LEARN TO DO SUM EASY SHIT OVER NIGHT WITH A 600, BUT IM SORRY I DISMISS ANY COMMENT SAYING ANYONE CAN USE IT, YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NOT SCENE WOT IT CAN DO WEN PLAYED BY A REAL PRO LIKE DAVE CLARKE,+ UMEK CHRISTIAN VARELA ETC, 3+4 DECK MIXING,AND ON BOARD SAMPLING WITH EFFECTS, SORRY GUYS BUT THIS KIND OF ACTION IN THE UK IS RARE. THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFULL OF PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THIS KIND OF DECKS + FX SKILL.

THE ONLY THING IVE GOT AGAINST THE 600 IS THE SOUND THAT COMES OFF IT IS SHIT, THATS WHY I USED TO SLAVE IT ON A BIG RIG EITHER WITH A ALLEN +HEATH OR TECHNICS SCRATCH MIXER WEN I COULDENT GET HOLD OF A A+H.

IF WE COULD CROSS BREED A 600 WITH A+H WE WOULD AV 1 HELL OF A MIXER SOMTHING MANUFACTURERS NEED TO LOOK AT!

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD STICK UP A BIT FOR THE 600 AS IVE HAD MANY GREAT GIGS WITH THIS.

+ IT HAS ENABLED ME TO DEAL WITH ANOYING MC`S
MAKE THEM SOUND LIKE PINKY + PERKY OR A GIRL. :lol:

PEACE+NOISE DUDES! (hope i aint vexed any 1) ;)

xfive
26-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Man you should really look at getting that caps lock fixed :lol: :lol: :eh:

jon connor
26-10-2004, 05:56 PM

bit dislexick aswell excuse me dude! :lol:

Mucky Beats
26-10-2004, 08:39 PM

bit dislexick aswell excuse me dude! :lol:

not being funny but i am dyslexic and it is sometimes quite upsetting when people use it as an excuse for not knowing there way round a computer.
not getting at ya dude just us who have had to live with this problem dont tend to go on about it.... :nono:

jon connor
26-10-2004, 09:07 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

hm ?

jon connor
26-10-2004, 09:09 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

hm ? u sound like me mother ,

Mucky Beats
26-10-2004, 10:44 PM

hm ? u sound like me mother ,

:lol:

massplanck
26-10-2004, 11:33 PM
I hate the A & H not because of the sound or filters or anything else apart from the fact that the gains are at the back of the mixer. This is terminaly retarded in my book . :lol:

I'm I the only person who think the Vestax PCV-275 is one of the sweetest techno mixers?

Scott Kemix
28-02-2005, 03:04 PM
So what would people get out of

1. Tascam x-9
2. Pioneer djm600
3. Allen & Heath x-zone62.

?????????????????????????????????????????
Any suggestions

Barely Human
28-02-2005, 03:14 PM
So what would people get out of

1. Tascam x-9
2. Pioneer djm600
3. Allen & Heath x-zone62.

?????????????????????????????????????????
Any suggestions

None of them, id would get the Ecler Nuo 5. If is is out of them, i would probably get the A+H, i dont like the pioneer and i havent tried the tascam.

mrbenn
01-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I sold my 600 to get the Ecler Nuo 5, its far better than both the 600 & tascam imo. The build quality is amazing, the effects section revolutionary for a dj mixer and the faders are as good as the top scratch mixers on the market.

http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/instruments/nuo5/index.htm

Barely Human
01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
I sold my 600 to get the Ecler Nuo 5, its far better than both the 600 & tascam imo. The build quality is amazing, the effects section revolutionary for a dj mixer and the faders are as good as the top scratch mixers on the market.

http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/instruments/nuo5/index.htm

Yep, Ecler are th bomb. Ive had the Hak 320 scratch mixer for 3 years now and its still as good as new. I know 600's that faders have lasted 3 months before crackling and bleeding.

Obdurate
02-03-2005, 02:02 AM
ive had my tascam x8 series for about a year and the channels sometimes bleed, tascam have a very good standered altho they are cheaply designed to be honest, i no a couple of peopel wo own tascam and after not to long as u would like them to last give up on you . . :cry:

dtl
23-03-2005, 05:46 PM
What about the new Denon Dnx1500? Any thought on that?

Its very similar to Ecler one, but it looks a lot better and the fx button is like DJM 600, which you can tab the **** out of it when you high on crack in front of 2 people at a squat party 6 olclock Monday Morning...

Eric.

278d7e64a374de26f==