PDA

View Full Version : Serious IDE problem - Asus k8v se deluxe

tioneb
24-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi all ill try to sum up what happend ...
Some problems with my computer --> purchased new motherboard cpu & ram

athlon 64 300+
asus k8v se deluxe

i plug eveything correct and at the boot my ide drives (2*hdd + dvd+cdr) are not detected !!! the hdds dont even start to spin.

the alim is ok. wiered, if i unplug the ide cables and leave the power cables then the drives start to spin when i turn power on ... then after they started if i plug "hot" the ide , well it works ...

if i use the third ide bus for serial ata well it works half fime, its just windows who ****s with me ... but i wont b able to put my 4 drives on it !!!!

plase help me im desperate, i tried everything in my bios and it still ****s up

tioneb
24-10-2004, 03:23 PM
of course i have all the master / slave settings correct

as a first step i only try with the OS hdd and i have same problem

MangaFish
25-10-2004, 10:01 PM
1stly make sure all your drives are set to 'auto detect' in your bios. (you've probably already set this, but i'll say it just incase)

from what i remember, the higher speed IDE cabels are also master/slave specific. the 1st connection obviously being the motherbaord connecter. 2nd being the primary drive and the final connection going to the slave.

make sure the red cabel in on IDE lead is on the side facing the power lead. (so if the power lead plugs into your HDD on the left side of the IDE cabel, have the red stripe in the IDE cabel)

double check the jumpers on your HDD and optical drives are set to master or slave (its annouyingly easy to set them up wrong :doh: )

i've been out of the industry for years now so i hope all this is correct :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==