PDA

View Full Version : new techno tune gargleblaster

Dave Elyzium
25-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Only been working on this for an hour or so but would really appreciate any advice or comments on where to take it...not really had much time producing techno so hopefuly doesnt sound too bad....

heres the link to my soundclick page, the tune is the first on the list :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/daveelyziummusic.htm

thanks

dan the acid man
25-10-2004, 08:29 PM
this is pretty decent,
i love the new rhythm that comes in at 1.23, it really helps to carry the track somewhere.

everything is a little too loud though, my eq meters are going mental here.

Dave Elyzium
02-11-2004, 12:03 PM
thanks dan been doing a load more work on developing this one...glad you liked it so far :) no one else have anything to say?? :cry:

MangaFish
02-11-2004, 09:08 PM
i love the hitch hikers reference in the title :cool:

as for the tune itself. it does sound a little cluttered even though theres not many layers. i think some major eqing needs to be done before you start to think about altering the arangement any more. its coming along nicely

Lorenzo_Shivu
03-11-2004, 01:07 AM
Like the feeling of the track! the sounds are also very nice. I also hear a good stereo image in your track so that's ok. About the loudness: I think it's ok allthough you need to eq your track a bit

Dave Elyzium
04-11-2004, 08:31 PM
i love the hitch hikers reference in the title :cool:

as for the tune itself. it does sound a little cluttered even though theres not many layers. i think some major eqing needs to be done before you start to think about altering the arangement any more. its coming along nicely

thanks for the feedback :) could you be a bit more specific re: the EQing? how would you approach the EQ for this track???

MangaFish
04-11-2004, 08:52 PM
i wish i could help you, but i know jack-sh*t about production. check the production forums though as theres been dozens of topics on eq'ing

Dave Elyzium
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM
no probs pal;)

fatcollective
04-11-2004, 10:07 PM
hey man, good stuff, distorted n hard. love the arrangments, really simple, but proper techno stylee. also love the way the stab works through the tune. i dont want ot diss this tune in anyway, but the only thing i could pick out was the kick seemed to get lost...the umph or the poundingness distintigrated, other than that though really like it. top banana :clap:

Dave Elyzium
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
hey man, good stuff, distorted n hard. love the arrangments, really simple, but proper techno stylee. also love the way the stab works through the tune. i dont want ot diss this tune in anyway, but the only thing i could pick out was the kick seemed to get lost...the umph or the poundingness distintigrated, other than that though really like it. top banana :clap:

thanks mate-know what you mean about the kick, i think its cos i didnt compress the drums seperatley, i stuck the whole mix through T-Racks so it probably crushed it a bit with the compression...

dan the acid man
06-11-2004, 07:44 PM
the best advice on eq is to take out what is not needed, so for the highs take out the bottom end, and for the lows, take out the highs and so on

278d7e64a374de26f==