PDA

View Full Version : Behringer mixing consoles???

anode
25-10-2004, 11:33 AM
anyone know the major difference between the UB and SL series?

what are the fx versions like? i cant afford mackie.

ta
;)

Basil Rush
26-10-2004, 04:32 PM
I'd stay clear of them and get a decent sound card and mix in the computer ... never been impressed by any of the behringer consoles ...

anode
27-10-2004, 04:04 AM
yer but i need a mixer to run hardware and would like to use it in a live set up also.

EmotionComplex
27-10-2004, 04:11 AM
yer but i need a mixer to run hardware and would like to use it in a live set up also.

basil meant a mixer with multiple in/outs to take your hardware outs into, like an m-audio delta for example http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_gb/Delta66-main.html

but if you wanted a mixer for live use then a berhinger would suffice, dont bother with the fx versions, cheap built in effects you wont find any real use for.

anode
27-10-2004, 10:28 AM
although a bit pricey...what about the makie desks with effects like CFX20 ?

dave h2
30-10-2004, 11:07 PM
yes i would stay away from behringer and thats commin from someone who uses one day in and day out. I own a ddx3216 digi desk retailing around the £800 squid mark. Even though the sound quality of the desk is as good as the likes of yamaha o1v and even looks like an o1v it`s very temperamental to say the least. Had to send my desk back to germany three times due to power supply faults, behringer passed the book by saying it was down to UK dirty mains and fluctuations in electricity supply!
SAYING THIS IT IS NOW WORKING AND HAS BEEN FAULT FREE FOR 10 MONTHS!

before i owned my ddx3216 i use to own an mx9000 i also had power problems with this and ended up getting a refund as it could not be fixed.

I WOULD HIGHLY ADVISE YOU TO HOLD YOUR GUNS AND SAVE UP ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A YAMAHA OR EVEN A BRITISH MADE SOUNDCRAFT DESK. Hope this is some help to you.

anode
31-10-2004, 07:55 AM
cheers for the help people! will wait awhile and hopefully find a secondhand mackie or look into the Soundcraft's...will definatley be an analogue desk but.

;)

tocsin
04-11-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree with everyone saying to avoid them. But, that really depends on what you want to use it for. I pretty much use it for the same reason you were discussing (to run multiple pieces of gear into a soundcard). My soundcard is a M-Audio Delta-44 so I have a bit more stereo gear than stereo ins. However, when I play live, I need the mixer. I almost consider the Behringer mixers kinda like Gemini DJ mixers. They are often cheap as hell in comparrison to some other brands but you are truly getting what you pay for. I'm a bit of a clutz so my gear often gets abused which is why, when it comes to mixers and such, I prefer to go the cheapo route so when I **** it up, it's not quite as painful and I'll hopefully be able to fix it myself. Avoid the FX units. They'll be much pricier but just as brittle. If you need FX for your outboard gear, look into picking up a separate FX unit. That way, if the board goes, you don't lose the FX with it.

278d7e64a374de26f==