PDA

View Full Version : cubase sx help (soft synth)

hiroprotagonist
26-10-2004, 03:40 PM
i just started working in sx so this is a total NOOB question.
right now i cant hook up my virus to it so ive been messing around with junglist and FM7 (soft synths) and im starting to get the hang of it all. my problem is that i dont really know how to set my radiums knobs to control the knobs on the synth. where is the settins screen where i can do this? its starting to get frustrating only being able to control the volume, dist, and cutoff....
then after i get that sorted how do i go about automating the knob movements into my recording?

thanks in advance.

yours frustratedly
-hiro :oops:

DJZeMigL
27-10-2004, 03:30 PM
For automation of parameters in SX U already got loads of posts.. just look thru...

to use the radium 4 control u need 2 knob what CC number each function is using ... now on yer radium configure each pot 2 send that same CC.

Also on the midi track u are using 2 send midi, etc... 2 yer Vst Synths u need 2 activate monitor and choose the radium as the midi In...

If that doesn't work u need 2 go into the File/ Preferences/Midi Filter/ thru and untick conctrol changes (CC)... also in the midi preferences u need 2 have the midi soft thru activated... But the last tweaks should b automaticly configured the right way so u probably need not worrie!

Z

g
27-10-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah, everything Ze said is fine and good... but really you should just get out the swords and go to work on that puppy.

:lol:

hiroprotagonist
28-10-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks for the advice. im working with version 1.something or other and im really thinking about saving up to just get sx 3. my school has a prety good sx book in the bookstore i might pick up too. this whole production thing takes a turn for the difficult when you get to the point where you really need someone around to ask these questions. i suppose thats the most exciting part too because im learning something.

DJZeMigL
28-10-2004, 01:13 PM
U got us which is way better than any book! ;)

Z

g
28-10-2004, 06:01 PM
if you can learn this stuff from a book, go for it. it'll be an excellent reference. i personally can't do it. instant narcolepsy.

278d7e64a374de26f==