PDA

View Full Version : ILT - Whos going?

The Divide
27-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Whos going to I L T this year then? :rambo:

neko
27-10-2004, 08:19 PM
was dying to but can't afford it :cry:

getting to see hawtin at end of nov so that makes it a bit easier to deal with.

The Divide
27-10-2004, 08:48 PM
was dying to but can't afford it :cry:

getting to see hawtin at end of nov so that makes it a bit easier to deal with.

Unlucky mate

Frank Dogshit
27-10-2004, 09:57 PM
unfortunatly not. :cry: although i did say if my student loan comes out around then id consider goin.

like above said tho,not entirely bothered as im at hawtin@fabric for a mates birthday so thatll cussion the blow slightly. :lol:

The Divide
27-10-2004, 11:06 PM
unfortunatly not. :cry: although i did say if my student loan comes out around then id consider goin.

like above said tho,not entirely bothered as im at hawtin@fabric for a mates birthday so thatll cussion the blow slightly. :lol:

:doh: :lol:

Traxx
27-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Me & a load of mates are goin, cant wait. Got the flights boxed off, booking the hotel tomorrow.

PARTY :cool:

The Divide
28-10-2004, 01:09 AM
:clap: :clap:

Dont forget to get the tickets :!:

We once got turned away at the door after trying to offer the security a bribe. we didnt have any tickets. Ended up buying some for about 80 euros a piece :lol:

Traxx
28-10-2004, 01:32 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Gonna order them before we go off the internet. :lol:

You been before then? Our hotels in the center of ghent, is the place where its held close to the center or should we look somewhere else?

The Divide
28-10-2004, 03:40 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Gonna order them before we go off the internet. :lol:

You been before then? Our hotels in the center of ghent, is the place where its held close to the center or should we look somewhere else?

Hurry up and order them, they sometimes sell out!

Center of Ghent is where I am staying mate. There are bus rides to ILT from the center. Its utter choas getting on them tho. Everyone pushes and shoves. :lol: :doh:

Traxx
28-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Shit i thought there was always loads goin :doh:

where did you get yours, on the net?

The Divide
28-10-2004, 04:59 PM
My mate ordered them, I think he followed the info on there site.

Yea get those tickets sorted. You dont want to be going over knowing its sold out trust me.

Traxx
28-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Well my mate was supposed to of bought them all on his card tonight :neutral:

He best had of done :rambo:

Traxx
29-10-2004, 06:25 PM
All booked & paid for :twisted:

BO :cool:

Udy
02-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I Love Techno will be truly wicked,
went to the indoor in Gent last year, was top dollar,
this time Rush is playing so it'll be about a hundred times better!

Time is nearing.

The Divide
02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
NOT LONG TO GO PEOPLE!!!!!

Ey Trax I will have to meet you! Infact we should all have a completely random BOA meetup right in the middle of it :lol:

Traxx
02-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Sound chief we will sort something out before we depart :cool:

The Divide
09-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Bumb

I'm well looking forward to this!

Traxx
09-11-2004, 07:20 PM
yes yes :dance:

Stella Boy
09-11-2004, 07:24 PM
TW@'s :evil: :lol:

Have good one guys

Traxx
09-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Ill try :lol:

The Divide
09-11-2004, 07:58 PM
:lol:

This the plan for the night...

Joris Vorn > Juskin > Wings of Sound (because I want to know what they are like) > Rush > Prodigy (for the mash up) > Miss Kitten/ Pet Duo > Clarke > Amok

Mind you knowing what usually happens we end up drifting from one place to the other :doh: :lol:

kittykorrupt
09-11-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm going cant wait for it. Its the first time for me. We flying out on the friday gonna make a weekend of it :lol:

Traxx
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
So are we. Coming home on the monday :cool:

daviec
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm getting all worked up about this now. It's going to be fantastic :dance:

I'm not making plans for who to see coz I always just end up wandering round and hearing some great stuff, but I really would like to come home having heard Varela, Amok and Prodigy :clap:

'Mon the techno :cool:

Traxx
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Hope the prodigy play loads of old stuff. Dont like any of the new gear except for that girls track.

daviec
09-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I've got their gig from Athens on VCD. The tracklisting will be similar I imagine:

Wake Up Call
Warning 53985
Their Law
Spitfire
Girls
Breathe
Medusa's Path
Hotride
The Way It Is
Mindfields
Firestarter
Poison
Smack My Bitch Up

Traxx
09-11-2004, 10:35 PM
That will do. Would really like to hear out of space :cool:

The Divide
09-11-2004, 10:55 PM
We should all do a mass meetup right in the middle of the prodigy set :lol:

The Divide
09-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Hope the prodigy play loads of old stuff. Dont like any of the new gear except for that girls track.

Althought the new album sounds nothing like the old sound its grown on me loads.

Stella Boy
09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
You could all wear flashing deelly boppers and follow the lights. Just watch out for low flying planes :lol:

The Divide
09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
You could all wear flashing deelly boppers and follow the lights. Just watch out for low flying planes :lol:

:shock: :shock: :lol: ??

Stella Boy
09-11-2004, 11:02 PM

Landing strip with the flashing lights ?? :eh:

Sorry, just bored and a bit stoned. :doh:

Traxx
09-11-2004, 11:05 PM

Althought the new album sounds nothing like the old sound its grown on me loads.

I havent given it the chance to grow on me i admit. I must like the old sound to much :lol:

Traxx
09-11-2004, 11:07 PM

Landing strip with the flashing lights ?? :eh:

Sorry, just bored and a bit stoned. :doh:

Hahaha sounds like your smoking some good shit Tony ;) :lol:

Stella Boy
09-11-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm content

Anywhoo, I 'll stop hijacking this thread. :oops:

Udy
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
The new album is dope,
all hail a return to form.

Clarkus
10-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Fun fun fun!! :love:

I LOVE TECHNO!!!!!!!! Hehehehehehe.... can't wait!!

The Divide
10-11-2004, 01:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :rambo: :rambo:

Traxx
10-11-2004, 03:16 PM
We still aint got our tickets through the post i dont think. It was a good couple of weeks ago now as well :eh:

Frank Dogshit
10-11-2004, 04:19 PM
they may have forgotten about you mate

http://www.ilovetechno.be/2004_final/newsletter/041110/images/top.jpg

Traxx
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
:shock:

zaalmoetlos
10-11-2004, 04:31 PM
i'm going

The Divide
10-11-2004, 04:35 PM
We still aint got our tickets through the post i dont think. It was a good couple of weeks ago now as well :eh:

Ohhh errrr :neutral:

Better tell your mate to chase them up :shock:

The Divide
10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
35,000!

woa

Traxx
10-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Right, panic over, I think. Just spoke to my mate & he said that he has e-mailed the firm that was selling them on the ILT site & they said as long as we have our booking confirmation number we are safe. Said he wasn’t sure why the tickets haven’t been sent out. Still smells slightly dodgy to me but it must be the site where the majority of foreign people get there tickets from. Id much rather be going with a ticket in my back pocket than a piece of paper. :neutral:

paranoid666
10-11-2004, 06:31 PM
flying out on Friday.Bring it on!

daviec
10-11-2004, 08:32 PM
I've been twice before and flew out on the Friday. What a party it was. Can't go till the Saturday and it's going to be quite a rush trying to get from Charleroi to Ghent without missing too many acts, but I'm looking forward to it.

Flight lands at 18:25 (wasn't as late as that when I booked it), so we'll be at Flanders Expo by 21:30 hopefully.

Stella Boy
10-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Right, panic over, I think. Just spoke to my mate & he said that he has e-mailed the firm that was selling them on the ILT site & they said as long as we have our booking confirmation number we are safe. Said he wasn’t sure why the tickets haven’t been sent out. Still smells slightly dodgy to me but it must be the site where the majority of foreign people get there tickets from. Id much rather be going with a ticket in my back pocket than a piece of paper. :neutral:

Get your mate to print off the email as confirmation - just in case.

Traxx
10-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Will do...

Traxx
12-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Right ill be the blitzed one, should be easy to find :lol:

see ya there....

The Divide
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
we will sort something out. Prolly pass numbers on. do mobiles work while over there?

Will post something up tomorrow.

Traxx
12-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Id imagine so. My phone worked in amsterdam a month ago, callls aint cheap mind. I got stung big time on my bill :doh: :lol:

neko
12-11-2004, 01:44 AM
have a good one you lucky twats :twisted: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
12-11-2004, 01:57 AM
make sure you come back a quivvering mess lad. :lol: :shock: :lol:

Traxx
12-11-2004, 02:02 AM
If amsterdam is as easy to get to as i think it is we will be goin down there deffo. Maybe after ILT :twisted:

Traxx
12-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Right im off just look for the wrecked scouser when the prodigy is on. :lol:

The Divide
12-11-2004, 12:04 PM
I hope your wearing the scouser uniform. Sponsored by Rockport and Burbery's

Frank Dogshit
12-11-2004, 12:06 PM
you lads have a good un riley lad....just a shame i cant joins yas.

enjoy!

daviec
13-11-2004, 11:47 AM
..... nearly time :dance:

I cannae ****ing wait. I'm going to crack into a couple of beers just now. Gopt the prodigy album firing out full blast, and an Amok set for after it :bash: :rambo:

I :love: Techno!!

The Overfiend
14-11-2004, 01:08 AM
I HOPE YOU MOTHER****ERS ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!

daviec
15-11-2004, 05:03 PM
That was ****ing tremendous. What an adventure. When we got off the train at Ghent the station was full of techno heads and a spontaneous cheer went up like a wall of noise, and we were all joining in, it was amazing. What a buzz. I got pulled aside by a spotter and they pulled me over to a sniffer dog and made me go by it twice, before giving up :pale:

Met back up with my group and we got on the shuttle bus, no hanging about required. Unfortunately my brother left his bag on the bus, with all our stuff in it. Luckily we'd given our passports and tickets to my girlfriend for safe keeping.

It didn't take long to get in the main doors where we got a quick search, then onto the cloakrooms, and finally one more seacrh (!!) and we were in.

The arena were all done up in the usual excellent fashion, and the sound systems were loud and clear. You can't really ask for more.

I managed to hear:
James Ruskin,
Steve Rachmad,
Pet Duo,
DJ Rush,
Christian Varela,
Richie Hawtin,
Alter Ego,
& DJ Amok.

Ruskin and Amok did the damage for me, but every set I heard was top class.

Great atmosphere in the arenas as well and a fairly friendly crowd. A lot of them seemed slightly bemused with our scots style party antics, but we were there to enjoy ourselves and we managed that no problem. As always happens no matter where we go to party we bumped into some other folk over from Scotland. Never ceases to amaze me. 35,000 folk in a country miles away and we meet the scottish ones!! :clap: Brilliant.

A foreign adventure wouldn't be complete without some hiccups though. My brother and I got split from the rest of our group outside and then got lost from each other, but the plan was simple. Get back to the airport in time for the flight home. Unfortunately my brother went to the wrong aiport, lol.

Meanwhile the others had been relying on me getting them back and got slightly confused and got the train form Ghent to Brugge instead of Brussles, lol.

Amazingly we all still made it back together, after some frantic phonecalls and taxi rides :shock: :lol:

Roll on next year.

neko
15-11-2004, 05:52 PM
sounds amazing.
i know i say this every year, but i am DEFINATELY going to the next one :lol:

amok doing a 4-6 sat would be enough on its own to get me there, but when you've got the likes of hawtin, villalobos, rush and the prodigy as well :shock:

daviec
15-11-2004, 08:12 PM
I can't confirm it, but I hear the Prodigy got stopped one track into their set as the arena was too busy.

I'm in the process of uploading my photos just now, I'll post a link back.

Stella Boy
15-11-2004, 08:35 PM
No sign of Traxx or Divide yet :lol: so they're either lost or still suffering :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the pics Daviec

Traxx
15-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I hope your wearing the scouser uniform. Sponsored by Rockport and Burbery's

Nah its more like a lacoste tracksuite.... :lol:

daviec
15-11-2004, 09:03 PM
ILT Pics (http://www.technolab.co.uk/Gallery/ILT2004)

Not many once we got there coz my spare batteries were in the luggage we lost :cry:

There's more to come once I get my brothers pics.[/url]

Traxx
15-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Just got back now....

Was pretty easy to get to from the airport, bout 1hr on the train. The event was walking distance from our hotel so all was good as far as that goes. Wasn’t really much to do in Ghent other then to get stupidly pissed. Was planning on a train trip the damm but it turned out to be 3 hrs away so that left us weedless :cry:

The event itself was great up till about 12/1 then i don’t think that i seen anymore dj's that i wanted to see for the simple fact that i couldn’t get in anywhere, which really pissed me off. Paid all that money, travelled all that way only to have to stand outsider the door, great :roll:

Couldn’t get into, pet duo, Dave Clarke, amok, prodigy (had to shut it down for 20 min’s coz it was that busy), alter ego, so I was a bit gutted to say the least. Couldn’t get into see bailey or Cox either but I wasn’t that arsed about them 2. But saying that it was still a great event the atmosphere was electric. Remember getting in there about 8 & was standing in the cloakroom bit & a few lads started shouting i love techno etc & the whole room just erupted with everyone going mad & we hadn’t even got in yet, was amazing to hear that many people be that up for it.

Dj wise James Ruskin took the piss big style. First time id seen him since the jam last year & he killed it, 3 decks & a laptop. One of the best sets I have ever seen. He set it up superbly for rush who played beyond hard & seemed to be really enjoying how mad the crowd was going & believe me they were going berserk .

Apart from not being able to see nearly everyone I wanted to it was still good for my first time. Next year we will be allot more clued up on what goes on there, getting into rooms very early if you want any chance of being able to see who you want to early etc. Plus points were the beer, must of drank enough to sink a ship :love: :lol:

dan the acid man
15-11-2004, 09:48 PM
sounds good, oh and nice pics, especially the girls arses pics :lol:

Traxx
15-11-2004, 10:00 PM

pfffft dan there was some amazing birds there. I mean i really could of got myself into big trouble if was on the booze & not the disco biscuits :love:

kittykorrupt
15-11-2004, 10:21 PM
i've just got back too. had a well good time. managed to get in to see the prodigy when we came out just before they finished to see petduo there were police at the entrance stopping people getting in. only just got in to see petduo got well crushed getting in though. we got right to the front too and got some well good pictures. they had to be the best set of the nite for me. redhead was good and the bit of rush i saw.

would say though that there was far too many people there for it. at one point we could only see one room you could get in. would defo go again but think i want to go to awakenings next year

but all in all what an experience. so good to see so many people there just for techno wish it was like that over here.

neko
15-11-2004, 10:29 PM
nice pics davie :)

that sounds well shit about the rooms being overcrowded traxx.
it would have well ruined it for me if i'd have missed amok :cry:

hopefully they'll have that sorted out for next years, perhaps let less people in or something.
seems a shame that you have to resort to getting in the rooms early and staying there, just to see a dj that is on hours later.

anyone watch hawtin?

daviec
15-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I never had bother getting in any rooms. Must have just had good timing :)

The beer was good though. I bought 40 euros of tickets and had to get some more later on. 1 ticket for a beer (about a bottles worth). I had about 30 during the night, but after about 10 or so loads of them were ending up round my face and t-shirt, lol.

That could be why I don't remember much about getting back to Brussels :nono: ;)

Defo back again next year :clap:

Stella Boy
15-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Nice pics mate, looked like you had a wicked time.

Traxx, you gonna go back mate to make up for this year 'cos it sounded like it was a bit of let down for you ?

daviec
15-11-2004, 11:01 PM

That was completely accidental, honest ;)

Traxx
15-11-2004, 11:09 PM
nice pics davie :)

that sounds well shit about the rooms being overcrowded traxx.
it would have well ruined it for me if i'd have missed amok :cry:

hopefully they'll have that sorted out for next years, perhaps let less people in or something.
seems a shame that you have to resort to getting in the rooms early and staying there, just to see a dj that is on hours later.

anyone watch hawtin?

Doubt it will be any differenmt next year i heard that it is always the same. Money's money & they made a fukin lot of it there.

Saw about half a hour of the hair do. He isnt really my cup of tea as you know but you probably would of liked it. His Mixing was a bit on the cheeky side to say the least from the little bit that i saw. Amok was supposed to of been ridiculously hard at the end as well. Gutted i never got ot see alter ego, amok & the prodigy. :cry:

The Divide
16-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Had a crazy night. I'm with Trax on this one. I enjoyed it and all but I wasn’t best pleased about not been able to get into certain sets. It was a bit disappointing as its never been that crowded before (a couple of years ago since I last went). There was one point in that 5 of the 6 arenas were closed and the only one I could go into was the minimal room. The sound system in the Orange room wasn’t upto scratch too. Looking back I wish I spent the night in some of the other rooms to avoid the crush and enjoy the better sound systems. Got to see that blinding Ruskin set :rambo:

Same about the prodigy, the 1st track came on after a 15 min pause and they did one track and it stopped because there was hundreds of people trying to get into the already packed room (also the levels sounded out and I couldn’t really hear the mics). I waited around for about 10 mins then headed to the back of the arena only to witness a huge surge of people trying to get in. The security looked like they had all there arms interlocked and were literally pushing at those metal grid things. I'm surprised if no one got hurt in all that mess and I dont blame them for switching the music off. Anyone know if it carried on later?

I think I am going to try another event because I can’t see that getting better. It was a wickid party tho, just a shame its too packed. At the end of the day when you pay the money to get in you dont want to be missing the dj's you have paid to see.

Nearly shat myself coming thro customs on the way back, I had a bit of skunk and K in my luggage and as soon as I picked my bag up off the conveyor in Manchester airport loads of custom officers and bobbies asked me to go into a back room. This woman was asking me questions about my bag, who packed it, was I aware of controlled substances laws, where have I been ect. Then she starts searching the bag :neutral: :wtf: :cry:

Anyways turns out it was a random stop and search as she didn’t find anything so they must have been oblivious. I was really lucky and I wont be be doing that again. I was shaking like a cunt and nearly confessed. I was having nightmare images flash thro my head of rubber gloves and I was certain it was game over :crackup: :lol:

kittykorrupt
16-11-2004, 01:04 AM
[quote="The Divide"]

Same about the prodigy, the 1st track came on after a 15 min pause and they did one track and it stopped because there was hundreds of people trying to get into the already packed room (also the levels sounded out and I couldn’t really hear the mics). I waited around for about 10 mins then headed to the back of the arena only to witness a huge surge of people trying to get in. The security looked like they had all there arms interlocked and were literally pushing at those metal grid things. I'm surprised if no one got hurt in all that mess and I dont blame them for switching the music off. Anyone know if it carried on later?

yeah they came back on about half one. we stayed for a while they were well good.

i was gutted i missed amok but there was no way i was attempting to get back in the orange room could hardly breath i was getting squashed that much when we queing for petduo

Traxx
16-11-2004, 01:07 AM
The weed would of been ok as long as it wasnt to much. The k may of been a different story though, youvve been very fukin lucky. Where you get the weed from there? id of had more chance of getting some antrhax than i would of any weed. Must of asked everyone :lol:

I cant see it getting any better either. Dance valley for me next year for definate, ILT is a possibility.

Did you hear all of ruskins set divide? That last tune he played of his labtop was filthy, went off when he played it :cool:

Frank Dogshit
16-11-2004, 03:39 PM
looks like more pluses from the night than negatives,shame they crowd it so much. everyone knows it all about the $$$ now tho which is a shame....

think im goin for the 3 day tentfest that is nature one next year,sounds amazin that one.

my mates are planning a loveparade visit aswell as its supposed to be on again next year. :lol:

Traxx
16-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Was speakin to these people from amsterdamm who were in our hotel in belgium about that nature one. They said it wasnt the friendliest of places to go to.

Frank Dogshit
16-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Was speakin to these people from amsterdamm who were in our hotel in belgium about that nature one. They said it wasnt the friendliest of places to go to.

there bound to say that....only cos therell be about 5000 skinhead gabbas in the place. :lol:

spose its horses for courses...i was told be the germans in ibiza to only bother about nature one. awakenings sounds the most consistent as have not heard many bad things. timewarps also another possibility

zaalmoetlos
17-11-2004, 01:34 PM

there bound to say that....only cos therell be about 5000 skinhead gabbas in the place. :lol:

spose its horses for courses...i was told be the germans in ibiza to only bother about nature one. awakenings sounds the most consistent as have not heard many bad things. timewarps also another possibility

awakenings is well worth going to

Udy
19-11-2004, 02:15 PM
The crowding was sickening,
literally i lost it and was sick in the crush to get in Dave Clarke,
when i finally got to the front they closed the doors in front of me, with my friends just inside...

had to fight my way back out and meet them but we lost one who we didn't get back with til the eurostar...
was well stressful cos at everypoint to the tunnel, we kept thinking we'd left him behind somewhere and we had his passport and tickets.

enjoyed it up until that point though....

Redhead, Ruskin, Rush were wicked :)

The Divide
20-11-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah they came back on about half one. we stayed for a while they were well good.

I missed that. IQ gave me your number and I was going to call you while I was over there but I ended up getting a bit too messed up :neutral: :doh:

kittykorrupt
23-11-2004, 10:31 PM

I missed that. IQ gave me your number and I was going to call you while I was over there but I ended up getting a bit too messed up :neutral: :doh:

i couldnt even see them we were that far back haha. I'm going to see them on the 7th dec in manc though so that should be good.

haha i doubt we could have found each other anyway. Especially if ya were messy on that stuff haha :mashed:

Traxx
23-11-2004, 10:43 PM

i couldnt even see them we were that far back haha. I'm going to see them on the 7th dec in manc though so that should be good.

haha i doubt we could have found each other anyway. Especially if ya were messy on that stuff haha :mashed:

How long you had tickets for the prodigy in manc for? sold out i guess :cry:

kittykorrupt
23-11-2004, 11:16 PM

How long you had tickets for the prodigy in manc for? sold out i guess :cry:

got them the day they went on sale. yeah think it has sold out but i recon you could get tickets off ebay for it seen some the other week

Traxx
23-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I could probably put a deposit down on a house for what people will be asking for them :nono: :lol:

kittykorrupt
24-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I could probably put a deposit down on a house for what people will be asking for them :nono: :lol:

well when i say them think they were about £40. we paid £23 for ours

Traxx
24-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Not that bad then :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==