PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP - Impatient girl! Latency Latency

miss bass
28-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Right battery works in cubase sx 1

Now its as late as the local bus.

So.....

I set the driver to Creative (my soundcard) and can change buffering and its does jack poop.

I set it to either asio multi-summit or asio full duplex driver and its still poop.

Do i need new soundcard???

Thanks for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

The Divide
28-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Delta 10/10 all the way

Soundblasters are poop

miss bass
28-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Delta 10/10 all the way

Soundblasters are poop

Go away Divide, you cause me more hassle than my soundblaster!

:lol:

I need battery 2, a new soundcard......

hiroprotagonist
28-10-2004, 03:37 PM
i bought a sound blaster audigy pro something or other three years ago. totally got suckered into that one. i had it for a couple years adnd hated the line noise i was getting more than anything. your best bet is to get something that is suited for more than LAN parties and dvds.

miss bass
28-10-2004, 03:41 PM
i bought a sound blaster audigy pro something or other three years ago. totally got suckered into that one. i had it for a couple years adnd hated the line noise i was getting more than anything. your best bet is to get something that is suited for more than LAN parties and dvds.

I KNOW!! My so called computer wiz kid friend said ooo this is a good soundcard, when i could have got a m-audio one for the same bloody price!!!!!!!! :evil:

DJZeMigL
28-10-2004, 03:54 PM
missy get this is pis* cheap and as good as u can get without getting a RME!!!

http://www.esi-pro.com/upload/product/J-1B.jpg

Juli@ SHOULD B JUST BELLOW 200 Euros!! ;)

High quality 24bit 192kHz stereo Audio/MIDI interface with swappable I/O socket

Juli@, a PCI based 2-in 2 out audio & MIDI interface. Juli@ provides 24-bit/192kHz recording quality with S/PDIF digital I/O and 16 channels of MIDI. Juli@ is equipped with RCA (unbalanced) and TRS (balanced) connectors at both ends of its unique swappable I/O socket.

User can select his prefered configuration
simply by turning around the analog part of the PCB. The digital and analog parts are totally separate as they are placed on two different PCBs, providing excellent audio quality. This makes Juli@ a new reference for audio quality in this price range of audio interfaces.

Juli@ is compatible
with +3.3Vand +5V PCI slots, providing broader compatibility in the future, even support for G5 Macintosh systems. Juli@ comes with a driver based on ESI’s EWDM driver technology for enhanced stability, best functionality and excellent performance. And now it's fully compatible with Mac OS 10.2 or better.

Specifications.
- DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or better.

- Ultimate Audio Tools;
- Live ESI by ableton : Real time audio sequencing Instrument,
- Tassman ESI by AAS : Sound synthesis studio
- VST Plug ins and VST instruments
- - Khaerhus Audio -the classic series (7 complete VST plug ins)
- - Audio Nerdz- Delay Lama
- - MDA - Piano, ePiano
- - Sinus · Freeverb Too
- - Silverspike · RoomMachine 844
- - Abyss · Cushion, Exciter, Filter
- - PSP audioware · PSP Piano Verb
- - CSI · C FFT, C Tuner, C Super Stereo
- - Steinberg · Leveler, Tools One
- - Externalizer, Stereo Expander
- - Voxengo Stereo Touch
- - Supaphaser

The Divide
28-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Delta 10/10 all the way

Soundblasters are poop

Go away Divide, you cause me more hassle than my soundblaster!

:lol:

I need battery 2, a new soundcard......

:shock: You cant compare me to a soundblaster. I am more like an MOTU. Call me professional :P :lol:

The Divide
28-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Listen to Mig. Hes the Daddy!

miss bass
28-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Thats my christmas present sorted.

John Vella
28-10-2004, 04:05 PM
You cant compare me to a soundblaster. I am more like an MOTU. Call me professional

Minger of the Unicorn?

:drool: :cool: :clap: :rambo: :twisted: :shock: :lol: ;)

-j

eyes without a face
28-10-2004, 04:07 PM
i picked up an EMU 0404 not too long ago and its doing me very proud, lovely card for the price

but the 10/10 is the one i really want!

loopdon
29-10-2004, 10:19 AM
missy get this is pis* cheap and as good as u can get without getting a RME!!!

http://www.esi-pro.com/upload/product/J-1B.jpg

Juli@ SHOULD B JUST BELLOW 200 Euros!! ;)

Juli@, a PCI based 2-in 2 out audio & MIDI interface. Juli@ provides 24-bit/192kHz recording quality with S/PDIF digital I/O and 16 channels of MIDI. Juli@ is equipped with RCA (unbalanced) and TRS (balanced) connectors at both ends of its unique swappable I/O socket.

User can select his prefered configuration
simply by turning around the analog part of the PCB. The digital and analog parts are totally separate as they are placed on two different PCBs, providing excellent audio quality. This makes Juli@ a new reference for audio quality in this price range of audio interfaces.

Juli@ is compatible
with +3.3Vand +5V PCI slots, providing broader compatibility in the future, even support for G5 Macintosh systems. Juli@ comes with a driver based on ESI’s EWDM driver technology for enhanced stability, best functionality and excellent performance. And now it's fully compatible with Mac OS 10.2 or better.

Specifications.
- DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or better.

- Ultimate Audio Tools;
- Live ESI by ableton : Real time audio sequencing Instrument,
- Tassman ESI by AAS : Sound synthesis studio
- VST Plug ins and VST instruments
- - Khaerhus Audio -the classic series (7 complete VST plug ins)
- - Audio Nerdz- Delay Lama
- - MDA - Piano, ePiano
- - Sinus · Freeverb Too
- - Silverspike · RoomMachine 844
- - Abyss · Cushion, Exciter, Filter
- - PSP audioware · PSP Piano Verb
- - CSI · C FFT, C Tuner, C Super Stereo
- - Steinberg · Leveler, Tools One
- - Externalizer, Stereo Expander
- - Voxengo Stereo Touch
- - Supaphaser

i think i will get that one as well :cool:

DJZeMigL
30-10-2004, 03:36 PM
If the budget stretches a bit just get an RME DIGI96/8 Pad or the grand daddy (PCI with 1 I/O analog/ digi/ Adat/ Midi + Headphone out).. HDSP 9632..

Z

Martin Dust
30-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Soundblasters are fine for games and that's about it Bassy. We use two of these:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/d2/page/shop/flypage/product_id/3803/category_id/aa5045ac8dbda1110af5783d9c9b8f89

Martin

miss bass
31-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Nice one guys, going to Music Live at the Nec so will be looking out for some of this.

ampassasinbirmingham
01-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Soundblasters are fine for games and that's about it Bassy. We use two of these:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/d2/page/shop/flypage/product_id/3803/category_id/aa5045ac8dbda1110af5783d9c9b8f89

Martin

with you all the way martain!!

dirty_bass
02-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Man that ego systems juli@ looks great, it`s a pity that I can`t find anyone in the uk that stocks it :cry:

AcidMutant
03-11-2004, 02:37 PM
errr - most PCI sound cards (and even ones with front panel drive slot connections are terrible) I'm using a DMX 6fire on this PC and I get terrible interference from the PC (I think from the hard drive) when I record.

Try get one with a dedicated breakout box that does all the A/D and D/A conversion there or just go old skool and use analogue gear/mixers and hardware samplers - they tend to crash less, don't get viruses, lockup or do nasty stuff like computers. ;-)

DJZeMigL
03-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Bro that used 2 happen loads with old card, but most cards tody pick up very little noise in fact... err.... generally that is!

Z

loopdon
03-11-2004, 09:08 PM

Martin

with you all the way martain!!

juz a tip: you can you use the kx driver for yer sb live 5.1 (among others) if you've got one. this will swap the outputs and the sound improves a lot (of course still far from being state-of-the-art, don't get me wrong)...

"The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards manufactured by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or E-mu Systems Inc., including the SoundBlaster Live! series, the E-mu Audio Production Studio (APS) card, and the Audigy / Audigy2 series of cards."

This kinda explains the situation:

"The AC97 Codecs used in SBLive! cards are rather noisy devices (when compared to I2S Codecs), and this leads to some quality problems. As a rule, SBLive Rear outputs have much better Signal To Noise Ratio (SNR), Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) and Channel Separation (acs) since they use the I2S Codec. So, if you want to get better sound quality for music playback it is recommended that you plug your speakers into the 'Rear Out' (the black output :!: ) and enable the 'Swap Front and Rear' kX Mixer option (the swap is enabled by default)."

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

loopdon
03-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Right battery works in cubase sx 1

Now its as late as the local bus.

So.....

I set the driver to Creative (my soundcard) and can change buffering and its does jack poop.

I set it to either asio multi-summit or asio full duplex driver and its still poop.

Do i need new soundcard???

Thanks for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

hi!

have a look at the post above this one... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==