PDA

View Full Version : Acid Pranksters - Track 4

acidchild
01-11-2004, 11:53 PM
New track from a new project me and a friend from Detroit started under the name Acid Pranksters. Nine and a half minutes of Acid sex. Enjoy.
Acid Pranksters - Track 4 (http://www.computer-controlled.com/computer%20controlled/Music/Acid_Pranksters-Track_4.mp3)

acidsaturation
09-11-2004, 07:56 PM
This is a cheeky little number!
To be honest though I didn't quite find enough to keep my interest for 9 minutes. Also the kick drum sounds a but muddy - especially when it comes back in at about 4:38 - the little acid lines well nice, but then the kick comes in and it goes a bit crusty sounding.

On the whole though some nice bits there - keep at it!

acidchild
09-11-2004, 11:34 PM
The BD is done with the DRM 2. I'm starting to think it doesn't sit well in a mix.

John Vella
10-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Ok I'll give you some honest opinions without pulling any punches. Please don't take offence I'm not dissing you or this track. I'm not tryin to sound like an ass or a know it all either... I'm just shooting from the hip here.

Personally I'd speed this up about 5 - 7 BPM!! It sounds too letharigic and ploddy at the speed it is now at.

Also I'd add alot more variations... More movement can be used rather than just building and building if you know what I'm getting at. Change it up.

Not to sound like a pain again, but I think its much too long at 9:00. There isn't enough progression going on to really have this one need to go on that far. You honestly would improve this tune by cutting it down to 6:00 (it wouldn't lose anything musically at 6:00 I don't think because all your main elements are pretty much the same ones from start to finish)

Also you really need much more power and force on that kick!! Let it penetrate more... Let it shake the room a bit. ;)

There are some good elements here as well. Some nice old school acid lines and synths. Some good high hats in there too. Keep working at it! You have some solid tools in place that could form a good oldschool acid tune. I would just do a massive overhaul of the sequencing, give it some more movement/changes & fix that kick.

Keep up the good efforts man! :cool:
:clap:

-jOHNNY

acidchild
10-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Unfortunatly, i'm stuck with how it is, as far as sequencing goes. This was a one off recording direct into Sound Forge. I do think i am going to chop it down a bit though. Throw it into Acid and see what i can do with it. Maybe see about layering another BD on top also. I take no offence to constructive criticism. I appreciate all of it=o] Also, this was done when a friend was visiting from Detroit, so theres no way i could get that first 303 line back. The 2nd one that comes in is mine. I think i'll go for some creative chopping in Acid=o]

Thanks!

acidsaturation
10-11-2004, 11:22 AM
It's a shame when you have something that just needs a bit more and can't change it, isn't it??

If it was a live jam/recording though at least you've got the memory of doing it - even if you can't perfect the track! :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==