PDA

View Full Version : lenny d tribe of munt mix

FUSION
02-11-2004, 01:24 AM
this is the most original mix ive heard for ages listened to it solid all weekend not what id expect from lenny at all given his speedcore gabba roots,,,,,,,,,,, huge respect :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.tribeofmunt.co.uk/TomFrameset.htm

Internal Error Records
02-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Tribe of Munt rules!!!!! I love their parties.

My next trip to london will probably be because of one of their events. (As was my last trip there - '303 ways to Ave it')

serox
02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
still wish lenny d had stuck to hardcore:(

speed-it-up
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
I was amazed when he went on after me at that party and dropped the bpm. Around 1995 he used to be 180 bpm or straight in the bin. Made all my mates laugh when I told 'em I'd played harder than Lenny!

Respect to the geezer- he was having it, and found time to grace the dex although only passing through town.

Bring on Mr Immersion next!

serox
02-11-2004, 05:06 PM
faster bpm does not mean harder.

but yes back in the day he use to play dark hardcore/doom

now he is making shit uk techno that just sounds the same as every thing else.

speed-it-up
02-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Let's just say he's mellowed with age.

FUSION
02-11-2004, 05:23 PM

thats something ive wondered about ..... that max min cocaine track is the only record he`s brought out that sound`s like he`s actually been in the studio???????? all the rest just sound like geezer,,,,,,, wtf `s goin on there??????

darkmockeray
02-11-2004, 06:15 PM
he played a fu*kin wiked set at TEKNOWARFARE in dublin on saturday, techno into full on hardcore :twisted:

serox
02-11-2004, 06:20 PM

thats something ive wondered about ..... that max min cocaine track is the only record he`s brought out that sound`s like he`s actually been in the studio???????? all the rest just sound like geezer,,,,,,, wtf `s goin on there??????

hes working with them a bit i think. maybe using same hardware as them, dunno.

Internal Error Records
03-11-2004, 01:30 AM
being a fellow New Yorker along with Lenny Dee, I can say he hasnt been playing out much these last few years. at least not in N.E. America.

im guessing he is getting into london acid in an attemp to rekindle his involvment in music. no one really can pay their rent spinning gabber in the USA much anymore.

i miss the old gabber Lenny Dee. but if he wants to make acid thats his choice. i like his new tunes.

jonnyspeed
03-11-2004, 01:51 AM
I have alot of respect for Lenny both in his Industial Strength mode and more mellow (but still underground) cockney-boy guise. Parties are parties - and the acid techno boys know how put on a great party,

tocsin
03-11-2004, 08:53 AM
still wish lenny d had stuck to hardcore:(

Hehe. You and me both. But, what do you expect from an ex-disco DJ. ;)

tocsin
03-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh, on a side note, I can say that he isn't doing sdhit to rekindle his carreer. He's always done what he's loved. While he may not be spinning as hard as he has in the past here and there, he is still putting out some brutal hardcore techno that the rest of the world still hasn't quite caught up to yet. I definitely respect any DJ that isn't locked into one genre and Lenny has more than prooved himself in being a versatile DJ. To think that he's doing it for popularitry points, given all the sounds he's both produced and spun, is crazy.

Esox Lucius
03-11-2004, 09:23 AM
ditch the shite lenny and stat playing hardcore again.

serox
03-11-2004, 10:24 AM
ditch the shite lenny and stat playing hardcore again.

agreed. saw him playing boring looped techno i couldnt stand it.

at dtb in uk he was booked to play in the hardcore room, but he played such boring music:(

too many dj/producers playing this crap already. i dont see any thing orig about what he is doing now days.

speed-it-up
03-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm sure that Lenny does still play hardcore. A mate of mine played at an event in Scotland. They love hardcore up there. Lenny played hardcore in the main room and a techno set in another room.

A genuine enthusiast I would say.

Any dj with a world reputation who can be spotted leaping around in a squat rave in Park Royal gets a bonus point in my book.

serox
03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Any dj with a world reputation who can be spotted leaping around in a squat rave in Park Royal gets a bonus point in my book.

well, theres more to that story but this forum is not the place :lol:

audioinjection
03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
lenny d still produces hardcore, he actually started a new label up with dj promo called Industrial Movement, sick ass hardcore shit, yall should check it out

278d7e64a374de26f==