PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo presents Terence Fixmer live, Sat Nov 27th

Bugger
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Voodoo, Sat Nov 27th @ Carling Academy Liverpool presents

Main room-

Terence Fixmer live (Gigolo/Planet Rouge)
Steve Shiels
Brendan Long (Bugged Out!)
Scott Gray (Subsonica)

Lounge-

Mark Forshaw (T-Funkshun)
Revo

Terence Fixmer bio:

Terence Fixmer, born in Lille (north of France at the Belgium border) in 1972, discovered EBM (ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC) when he was 15 and became a NITZER EBB-, FRONT 242-, KLINIK-, - AND DAF- fan. At the beginning of the 89-90's he was a party freaker and his interest for the electronic sound increased with the apparition of the New-Beat and Techno in Belgium. At this time he started to buy records including ''flashed" on VORTREX from FINAL EXPOSURE. In 1992, he decided to produce his own music and he started to throw parties called "Cosmos" and "Space" in a club called PYRAMIDE. One and a half year later he released his first EP on the Belgium label Diki Rec/hit the beat. In 1993 he moved to Rotterdam for his studies and produced some other EPs for different labels, under different pseudonyms. In 1995, he worked with his old school mate EMMANUEL TOP.

But all this was just the beginning: in 1998 Terence decided to start his own label PLANETE ROUGE RECORDS. The second release on it (after Gemini 9 EP) was the first one under his real name: TERENCE FIXMER :"Electrostatic". The 3 tracker was played by the biggest DJ's world wide, such as DAVE CLARKE, SVEN VATH, JEFF MILLS, DJ HELL etc. "Electrostatic" was voted among the biggest tune of the year 1999 by many magazines and DJ's. In the same year Terence remixed DJ HELL´S "This is for you" (Disko B) and released his 2nd EP on Gigolo: Electric Vision. At the same time he presents his first live act with SVEN VÄTH AT COCOON-CLUB in Frankfurt.

Terence finally remixed SVEN VÄTH´S: "Ein Waggon voller Geschichten" (VIRGIN), which was voted to the 10 best remixes of the year 2000 by different magazines., Terence had played live now all over the world in the best events and clubs (MAYDAY, NATURE ONE, LOVEPARADE,AMNESIA, TRESOR, U60311, FUSE, REX, TRAX ...). He managed to transmit in his live performances the particular energy he got in his EPs; a kind of full power EBM and Techno!

In 2001 Terence moved to Berlin and released the Body Pressure EP on GIGOLO, of course another floor burner. In October 2001 he finally release his first full-length-album "Muscle Machine", unique Fixmer-style, straight, high-energy, 7 dancefloor-tunes. The album reach again many top ten charts and has been voted the best album N°3 for 2001 in Groove mag.. Also he remixed Dave Clarke's "Compass" on Skint Records. And Nitzer Ebb for Novamute. 2001 he relaunched his label Planete Rouge Records, a label with only few releases per year with a special direction & style.

Tickets available at:

www.ticketweb.co.uk 0870 771 2000
venue box office
radio city box office
royal court box office
probe records

Be there!

eyes without a face
02-11-2004, 10:50 PM
this is gonna rock!

subsonic
03-11-2004, 08:45 AM
this is gonna rock!

get in there scott ;)

Bugger
03-11-2004, 04:56 PM
who's planning on seeing Terence make his England debut?

neko
03-11-2004, 05:00 PM
as much as i loved voodoo on saturday, i wont be at this one.
off to see the man himself in fabric that night.
hawtin, villalobos, and magda :love: :love: :love:

will be a belter night at the voodoo though, no doubt would have been going if it didnt clash with fabric.

Frank Dogshit
03-11-2004, 05:03 PM
i SHOULD be at this one depending on what time i get back from glasgow saturday day..

will be a mean weekend that 1! :cool:

Bugger
03-11-2004, 06:16 PM
you are coming danny!

Frank Dogshit
03-11-2004, 11:04 PM
only if my mother will let me.

eyes without a face
04-11-2004, 12:28 AM
il b there

gary_human
04-11-2004, 12:36 AM
I would love to go to this, but its a long way from down south :cry: - looks like a wicked night :twisted:

jock
04-11-2004, 09:34 AM
We are going, should be good, gutted I have missed the last 2 voodoo's!!!

Eddie
04-11-2004, 02:27 PM
i SHOULD be at this one depending on what time i get back from glasgow saturday day..

What you up to in glasgow dan? I will be at this one for deffo, fixmers productions are shit hot!

Bugger
04-11-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah Jock where you been? Said you were coming on Sat

Frank Dogshit
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM

What you up to in glasgow dan? I will be at this one for deffo, fixmers productions are shit hot!

its a lads birthday and he wants to go Pressure to watch Hawtin and Villalobos...its 50/50 at the moment but im dying to goto pressure. ill be back the next day for some fixmer action tho. :love:

Stella Boy
04-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Pressure certainly do get some quality line ups.

Bugger
08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Indeed they do. We're hoping to hook up with them in the near future.

****in Voodoo magic!

Eddie
08-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Am toying with the idea of subsonica the night before

neko
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM

me too, dying to see the producer.
don't know if it'll be wise with the trip to london the night after.

Traxx
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Lightweights :roll:

Eddie
08-11-2004, 09:04 PM

me too, dying to see the producer.
don't know if it'll be wise with the trip to london the night after.

It would be closer to london you could do an all weekender!

Traxx its your fault i am even considering this epic excursion, Student loan dependant i will be there

Traxx
08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Good man :cool:

eyes without a face
08-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Furness is doing a bus down so come on kids dont let me make the journey alone with those clowns! haha ;)

Traxx
08-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Eh who you calling a clown? :lol:

neko
08-11-2004, 10:39 PM

that was the general plan.
can't decide though if it'll be better to go down there on full form.

couldn't even move at one stage at locked on saturday.
can imagine it'll be a lot worse at a club which will go on til at least 7, then the long drive back.

oldbugger
08-11-2004, 10:54 PM

that was the general plan.
can't decide though if it'll be better to go down there on full form.

couldn't even move at one stage at locked on saturday.
can imagine it'll be a lot worse at a club which will go on til at least 7, then the long drive back.

you try f#ckin doing the drive back then :twisted: ;)
imagine how i will feel :cry:

Bugger
10-11-2004, 04:38 PM
shameless bump

Bugger
15-11-2004, 12:51 PM
who's heading down (or up) for this one?

eyes without a face
15-11-2004, 07:10 PM
make sure u all get ur arses to this one kids, Fixmer live plus me and Long! what more could u want.... really.... when u think about it....

come on!

daviec
15-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Indeed they do. We're hoping to hook up with them in the near future.

**** Voodoo magic!

Up here or down your way. Pressure do some amazing nights. They went off the boil for a while, but there last one was excellent, and the birthday one with Hawtin and Villabolos looks like a real class night.

Bugger
16-11-2004, 03:12 PM
has anyone seen Terence before?

Frank Dogshit
16-11-2004, 03:21 PM
has anyone seen Terence before?

I prefer Terrence Trent Darby

16-11-2004, 04:27 PM
sign your name across my heart, i want you to be my lady- Thats for you Danny!!

Frank Dogshit
16-11-2004, 04:29 PM

shit song that. :clap:

Eddie
16-11-2004, 05:09 PM

takes me back to my youth mr trent derby. As for fixmer no i aint but have been dyin to for ages, another class booking!

Frank Dogshit
16-11-2004, 05:12 PM

takes me back to my youth mr trent derby. As for fixmer no i aint but have been dyin to for ages, another class booking!

he was a good lad old terrence....fine young cannibals,thats another band from around that time. :crackup:

Bugger
22-11-2004, 01:17 PM
can't wait!

ticket sales went mad over the weekend! everyone has realised they would rather see Fixmer's debut than stale old Coxy playing Tim Deluxe records to a crowd full of Ben Shermans and sparkly handbags!

Voodoo all the way baby!

eyes without a face
22-11-2004, 01:57 PM
yes indeedy lookin forward to this now chaps

Bugger
23-11-2004, 06:50 PM
destroy!

jock
23-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Is it going to sell out bren or can we just get there early??

Bugger
24-11-2004, 02:02 PM
You'll be fine paying on the door before 12.

neko
24-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Coxy playing Tim Deluxe records to a crowd full of Ben Shermans and sparkly handbags!

lol :lol:

nice description of circus there.

Bugger
25-11-2004, 04:25 PM
so true though

eyes without a face
25-11-2004, 04:55 PM
2 sleeps to go as they say

Fordy
25-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Actually going to Circus, not my choice, will be good, a load of mates are going but I know where id rather be :doh:

Really badly wanna see Fixmer, hopefully ill get another chance.

My brother used to be a regular at voodoo, he's retired, now ive fallen in love with it after the last one, im gonna try to go as much as possible :rambo:

eyes without a face
26-11-2004, 01:07 AM
Really badly wanna see Fixmer, hopefully ill get another chance

not round these parts i dont think! shame tho dude, specially how Cox is doing a house set and not techno :(

roll on saturday i say, nervous but excited!

Fordy
26-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Really badly wanna see Fixmer, hopefully ill get another chance

not round these parts i dont think! shame tho dude, specially how Cox is doing a house set and not techno :(

roll on saturday i say, nervous but excited!

Fcuk, I know, looking forward to Justin Long, am into house but my heart truly lies with techno/electro and abit of Fixmer action would go down a treat this weekend.

Gutted if I dont get to see him man :cry: Good luck with ya set though :clap: im sure sat will be fcuking awesome.

jock
27-11-2004, 11:02 AM
There will be many other chances to see carl cox do lame sets in front of god awful crowds, but there will only be 1 chance to see Terence Fixmer live in front of a Voodoo crowd.

Just think, what would you rather hear -

Pontape/Just Kick/Murder was the bass

or

Electrostatic/Body Pressure/She said destroy

Eddie
27-11-2004, 02:31 PM
There will be many other chances to see carl cox do lame sets in front of god awful crowds, but there will only be 1 chance to see Terence Fixmer live in front of a Voodoo crowd.

Just think, what would you rather hear -

Pontape/Just Kick/Murder was the bass

or

Electrostatic/Body Pressure/She said destroy

Well said. Dont get me wrong in the right club cox can bang it out, but i cant see him goin to wild at circus, might ruin someones hair or somethin

Frank Dogshit
27-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Fixmer all the way!

Comin down with about 10 others..............gonna be a cracker!

Stella Boy
27-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Have a good one tonight fella's ;)

eyes without a face
27-11-2004, 06:34 PM
oooo the nerves

bring it on

Fordy
29-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Well Circus was pretty sh*t tbf, Cox bored me, although the place was too packed, was over quickly, nothing to write home about.

Wish I was at voodoo but wasnt my decision :cry:

Frank Dogshit
29-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Had an excellent night on saturday!!As said above....great crowd,great music,proper nice vibe goin in there on saturday.

Wandered in and Sheilsy was ripping it up with some very good tribal stuff....im really impressed by sheilsys djing thesedays,hes improved a hell of a lot i think....then Fixmer who just exceeded all expectations,pure raw music....and finishing on body pressure was brilliant!!Be nice to see him back at Voodoo again next year!

Watched all of Scott and Bren and both were bang on!Kept it tough all the way to the end....

Cant wait for the coming Voodoos!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

eyes without a face
29-11-2004, 08:19 PM
cheers daniel son, was good to see u going for it during our set haha, he loves it doesnt he!

Frank Dogshit
29-11-2004, 08:22 PM
cheers daniel son, was good to see u going for it during our set haha, he loves it doesnt he!

i do that......caught bren playing a couple of marco bailey tracks aswell from what i remember. :lol:

eyes without a face
29-11-2004, 08:30 PM
haha he did indeed, the new one is actually really rather good tho, pretty banging... and that pains me to say it!

how nice did "Arghh Yeah" and "Cyclone" sound in at Academy then hey

****in nice venue to play at that, the soundsystem is the bizzness

Bugger
30-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah played two new Marco Bailey tracks, they've got a really good vibe. There is a Roku remix on there too which is the bizz.

Frank Dogshit
30-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah played two new Marco Bailey tracks, they've got a really good vibe. There is a Roku remix on there too which is the bizz.

I like 'platinum' but i aint so keen on that 'mojito'. And your right the Roku remix is the balls!!

The tracks arent new tho.....Ray Chan sold me that vinyl about 16 months ago for a whopping £14.50 :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==