PDA

View Full Version : (sigh) SX is changing my sample rate... WTF

hiroprotagonist
03-11-2004, 10:30 AM
:evil: im starting to get used to the quirks of sx.
rule 1. figure out which way the locators are set before mixdown
rule 2. dont overload it with audio samples, i.e. 32 audio loops will slow down my laptop
rule 3. dont get mad. figure it out
rule 4. ORGANIZE YOUR FILES!!!
rule 5. make two backups....

now what i cant figure out is WHY the hell sx deems it necessary to change the sample rate of all of my audio samples giving me no say in the matter. this i wouldnt mind so much if it didnt screw up ALL of the timing of mycarefully selected beats! it happened yesterday and now again today.
the only reason i can think for this is because im not using the soundcard on my interface while im working on it at school.
maybe someones trying to tell me to pay attention to class and not music. its so hard though....

help?

DJZeMigL
03-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Major tip.. Make a diferent folder for each track U do!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubase probably showed ya a dialog box sometime when u started fiddling with it that asked waht 2 do when u import a sample that does not conform 2 the current project's settings (sample rate, bit rate)..
These options comprise resample 2 match or not and make a copy of the sample 2 the working folder or not...

Also U'll find these options on the preferences so u can set what U'd like cubase 2 do as a personal default setting!

File/ Preferences/ audio/ editing/ on Import audio files....

U got 2 options... 1 make sure U start a project at the same sample rate/ bit rate as all yer samples (if need go inyo SF or wavelab and do a batch resample 2 all yer files ... and then make sure it's working just fine... 2 me the best solution is 48KHz 24 bit)...

U can go to the setting and change them 2 suit yer needs...

Best thing 2 do is have cubase resample and then time streatch or something (but if u always work with same settings this won't b necessary)

Keep yer work on a folder outside cubase's folder, always use the option 2 copy audio file 2 work folder, use a diferent folder 4 each project!

Z

hiroprotagonist
03-11-2004, 12:44 PM
yeah ive done all of that.
all of my samples are at 44 and thats what the song is set to. then when i load the song or after i mixdown it gives me a notice that says "sample rates have been set to 48"
ill fiddle with the prefs again and check all the sample rates of my samples.

hiroprotagonist
03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
i just loaded sx to check things out and it wouldnt make a difference if a dialog box opens when i open my project that says something about
"no samplerate could be set this may be due to prefs settings on internal clock sync"
im not sure its only popping up every once in a while. its not very consistant....

DJZeMigL
03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
somehow yer soundcard clock isn't set 2 the same rates as cubase or the samples...

make windows alerts silent so it doesn't have any warning sounds or otherwise...

what sound card do u have?

Z

hiroprotagonist
03-11-2004, 02:15 PM
i havent had sounds playing from windoze for years.
i have a basic sigmatel audio card in my dell laptop. when i get home i hook up to the tascam us122 and the samplerate problems are solved.
i might just have to limit myself to working at home...
what am i going to do in class now? :doh:
oh wait...i should be paying attention right now!

DJZeMigL
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
install the asio4all driver that I sugested and pointed 2 Missbass on a recent thread (having probs with SX)...

that can help aswell

278d7e64a374de26f==