PDA

View Full Version : I am new on the board !

Dj Dazel
04-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone, I am new on this board and new in music production too. I have buy computer loaded with all software know.

Now I don't know if someone can help me, I want to know what is the basic construction in techno music. I mean to produce good track what I need in my drum line ?

Thanks you !

DJZeMigL
04-11-2004, 06:28 PM
I would recomend reading up on old posts, also take a look on the native instruments site cause they have some simple tutorials on how 2 start.

Welcome aboard,

Z

thetonewrecka
04-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Beat it until your ears like it. Then it will be your own style and will really enjoy.

Listen to Ze Mig L...he's a genius!

Kevin Gorman
04-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Welcome to Blackout Audio!

Dj Dazel
05-11-2004, 05:17 AM
thank you guys !

This board is ****ing cool ! :love:

My dream come true !

a board with only techno music ;)

hiroprotagonist
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
welcome to the board! definetly check out the past posts in this forum. im constantly finding new things back there every week! producing good techno? thats all relative i think. make what you think sounds good. what software are you using?

RDR
05-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Welcome dude!

If you want to write techno, here are a few tips.

1. before you start to write music, listen to a CD that you like or want to emulate on the same system you use to make music on. This will give you a really good idea of what your music needs to match up to.

2. Have a go at writing your own percussion, this will help you create a new and original sound.

3. If you MUST distort something try using a guitar distortion pedal - rough but sweet!

4. Fast tempo doesnt make hard techno. Fast percussion with a good swing on it works wonders on slower tracks.

5. Listen to your fav artists, how long are their pieces of music

6. Remember there are only a few tracks in the world that have a structure that you can't steal ...err i mean learn from.... and one of those tracks didnt even (4') have (3) any (3") instruments in it.... structure is very important, do some structural analysis.

7. Quality in Quality out. Dont use bad sounds, use good exciting ones

8. Learn your sequencer to the maximum, this will speed up your creativity, there is nothing worse than being stuck, also how do you know what you can do with it if you dont RTFM!

9. Learn your editor well, this will be your bestest friend and can help you clean up sounds or create crazy new ones.

10. Enjoy yourself! (and get some fake tan - im assuming you're honkey here i know... as you will need it, spending too much time in the studio is bad for your tan...)

Lastly, welcome to the world of techno and Blackout Audio! :clap:

Dj Dazel
05-11-2004, 08:09 PM
welcome to the board! definetly check out the past posts in this forum. im constantly finding new things back there every week! producing good techno? thats all relative i think. make what you think sounds good. what software are you using?

Man probably I have all the software needed to make techno music.

I buy my computer from a producer who have many release .

b.t.w. I have cubase sx2, many native, all the waves, Korg, Pro 53 ....

tocsin
05-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Read the Cubase manual if you've never used a sequencer before. You'll probably have to at some point and it will make your life easier. Also, if you don't have one and have the spare cash and are used to working hands on with instruments, consider picking up a cheap midi keyboard controller. Personally, I find it a lot harder to do melodies with a mouse than I do with a midi keyboard in front of me. Keeps me from getting bogged down in one function and losing flow.
If you don't have the Cubase manual, btw, I believe it is floating around on the net in PDF format.

278d7e64a374de26f==