PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg label?

techno 4 ever
04-11-2004, 07:48 PM
hi people,

ok i'm in need of some help!!!!
right i'm thinking of starting a new label whitch is kinda a bootleg label... i.e famous old tunes from the 80's in a techno style!!!! I've heard a load of tunes that are done like this but ... where do u stand releaseing stuff like this? coz its got to be something you can get in trouble for?

gary_human
04-11-2004, 07:53 PM
are you aiming for the pop charts man?

I'd love to hear this - I've heard a few 80's tracks re-hashed inna techno style - makes me laugh :lol:

let us know when u get sorted :lol:

techno 4 ever
04-11-2004, 07:54 PM
:clap: i will let ya know ... they are a good fun :clap:

fatcollective
04-11-2004, 09:43 PM
**** bootlegs.... if your gonna release anything release your own music....some bootlegs are cool but at the end of the day its just a rip..if your gonna spend money starting a label push out your own stuff. sorry to be a bitch mate. ;) no doubt you will do it anyway....so in that case just put it out as a white and keep the details on the label minimal...like no contact details. good luck anyway.

techno 4 ever
04-11-2004, 10:25 PM
**** bootlegs.... if your gonna release anything release your own music....some bootlegs are cool but at the end of the day its just a rip..if your gonna spend money starting a label push out your own stuff. sorry to be a bitch mate. ;) no doubt you will do it anyway....so in that case just put it out as a white and keep the details on the label minimal...like no contact details. good luck anyway.
i take it you aint got any bootlegs ?

if someone dont make boolegs how would we get bootlegs?

good point about the white labels... but i know about doing all that jazz but what im wanting to know is how the hell do you distribute them ?

cheers for the good luck bit dude!

fatcollective
04-11-2004, 10:37 PM
distribution...mmmm im not sure about that ya know. i dont know if distributors would do it, but then again im not too sure. the best thing to do is contact a few distributors see what they say. im sure someone will be able to tell you on this forum though ;)

fatcollective
04-11-2004, 10:39 PM
sayin that though, if there are already bootleg label around distibutors must do it...dont know which one though!

FUSION
05-11-2004, 03:12 AM
there isnt really many techno bootlegs anyway is there? rekon the only one I ve got is that `just f*ck` tune (if that is a bootleg?) ,,,,,,,, got a load of breaks one`s from hmv though so some distro must do it,,,,,,,,,,,, you should do ` simply the best` by tina turner or the baywatch theme tune that would rock :lol:

The Overfiend
05-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Funny thing is I actually really like the idea, and fat collective, I think you really slagged his idea without really integrally listening to his point.
Original techno compositions remixing 80's music, why is that such a bad idea. No one complains when Joey Beltram remixes rehashed 70's tracks and makes money off it. Why not 80's tracks?

dirty_bass
05-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Oh Superman
One of the Best techno tracks and a bootlegg to boot
Well done henry!!

fatcollective
05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Funny thing is I actually really like the idea, and fat collective, I think you really slagged his idea without really integrally listening to his point.
Original techno compositions remixing 80's music, why is that such a bad idea. No one complains when Joey Beltram remixes rehashed 70's tracks and makes money off it. Why not 80's tracks?

yeah, i see..sorry about that dude. i normally think before i post..but not on this occasion, wont happen again :cry:

eyes without a face
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
hmmmmm i dunno, some bootlegs are great, some are not so great, and i think the best ones are the non-preconcieved ones, the ones that just sorta happen one night out djing (except that awful intec thingy), and altho a label for them sounds wikid, i wud have to say if ur putting the effort in to get a new label going then push ur own stuff dude for sure, alot of the time with these bootlegs is that u wont get the proper respect for puttin them out, doing ur own stuff u can build up ur own name proper!

but good luck of course, sounds a winner

schlongfingers
05-11-2004, 02:57 PM
It's still theft if you start chopping up any record and releasing it, setting up a label to exclusively do this is dodgy as Bush. Stick to white labels if at all.

fatcollective
05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
hmmmmm i dunno, some bootlegs are great, some are not so great, and i think the best ones are the non-preconcieved ones, the ones that just sorta happen one night out djing (except that awful intec thingy), and altho a label for them sounds wikid, i wud have to say if ur putting the effort in to get a new label going then push ur own stuff dude for sure, alot of the time with these bootlegs is that u wont get the proper respect for puttin them out, doing ur own stuff u can build up ur own name proper!

but good luck of course, sounds a winner

sort of what i was trying to say, but mine came out all wrong :doh:

NooNoo
05-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Why not distribute a load yourself?
I run a small label and tend to distribute half myself, to the main online stores, and let a small distributor handle the other half. That way you stand more chance of breakin even or makin a bit as you're selling half your stock for 3 quid each, not 2.
I've got a bootleg comin out this month (nrg though not techno), and my usual distributor is takin some off me as usual. Best bet is to either not put any contact details on the centre labels, or, get a hotmail address specially for the purpose and just use that bugger. I can't see much coming of any lawsuit anyway, its not as if we're talkin thousands of copies is it?

dan the acid man
05-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh Superman
Well done henry!!

still my favourite tune of the year so far :love:

techno 4 ever
05-11-2004, 06:45 PM
hey thanks people for all ya posts... i've read them all and i feel i'm gonna go with the bootleg label... so watch this space....hey fat collective did have a good point and i think, just said it a bit wrong respect to you for saying what ya think.
and cheers again all for your comments.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fatcollective
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
cheers man, GOOD LUCK.....keep us all informed once its up n running ;)

MangaFish
05-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Oh Superman
Well done henry!!

still my favourite tune of the year so far :love:

what tune? i've not heard it

waldhaus
06-11-2004, 05:53 PM
good luck with your label!!

in my opinion, you can use bootlegs as a spice for the set. but it MUST NOT be too much. then it will get as cheesy as trance got here in germany since 2001, when every lousy producer started to produce bootlegs of 80ies hits.

Internal Error Records
06-11-2004, 05:59 PM
techno bootlegs of 80's toons?

there is already a genre for that its called electro clash.

i think that genre might have died off already.

jonnyspeed
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
first rule about bootleg club... don't talk about...

xbooty 1 sold shed loads.

278d7e64a374de26f==