PDA

View Full Version : Techno

Paul Nisbet
11-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Any young guns comin through the ranks dj wise?

DJ Weiss
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Sterling Moss, can play 3/4 decks, 909 and FX.... fu*king faultless...

Going to be playing a 3hr Set, for us at the end of May, as its for the launch of his website, the whole thing is being recorded and putting online

Buttman
12-04-2003, 03:16 PM

Really? Who is this guy? :shock:

DJ Weiss
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM

Really? Who is this guy? :shock:

he's a young lad from London, plays at a few techno clubs down south, he used to run a night called Tribal at the Mass, with people like LAB4 playing as well.

Its the way how he does everything, first time i heard him play a techno set, for about 30mins, he always had atleast 2 tunes in the mix, if he wasn't in the mix he'll be scratching, or making new loops on his 909,... but its the subtlety of it all thats truely astounding. When he played at our opening night, he was banging out the hard techno and from nowhere dropped 'Sweat Dream' laced with 909 drum beats... blew the ****ing room off it did, everyone was left speachless

I'll have to say, personly he's the Technically best Techno DJ I've seen

Stuart
17-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Inukshuk has recently taken on 2 new residents Dj Staw and Miss Daisy, They are both absolutely wicked on the decks both very well known on the London Underground scene.
Also we're having a regular guest who does live set's Wezton his live set is amazing he played last friday for us and drove the dance floor crazy.

for demo's email me info@inukshuk.org.uk

idontlikeitinthathole
17-04-2003, 04:22 PM
I saw Sterling MOss recently at Break-Neck , and i have to say that he's fu-king amazing. Played a 3 hour set, which i stayed though-out and i cant say i heard one mistake, not even the slytest beat matching error., and always managed to have 2 records playing at the same time throughout
Definetly one of the best djs ive evr seen of heard, though i'd never heard of him before then.

miasma man
17-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Wasn't Sterling Moss an old F1 competion driver in the 70's and 80's ?????????

Subuteo
17-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Aye, Sterling's skills are top notch , seen him do 3 decks on a boat party whilst the sea was pretty ruff and the boat was literally rockin side to side !! Not many people who can manage that!

walrus
19-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Really? Who is this guy?

What they all said.. he also runs a label called Raceway.

-walrus

278d7e64a374de26f==