PDA

View Full Version : deep with a touch of melody

Tyrisia
08-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Having a go a a medlodic track, fancied a change from my loop stuff. Really enjoyed makin it actually. Probably needs more work, but I'm havin trouble fittin any more in, and I don't think it's the sort of track for loadsa edits, but any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Click Me (http://www.tyrisia.com/Mercury.mp3)

Cheers!

dirty_bass
09-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Nice, kinda got the F-Com sound going on there.
I`d maybe take the overall level of the top end down a bit.
But the hints of another pad that comes in sounds lush.
I wanna hear the whole thing, this sounds possibly beautiful.
Nice to hear there is someone else who makes stuff that isn`t just raaaagh dark banging clank techno. Techno can have so many emotions over what the majority of people do with it.

Komplex
09-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Really love the synth work, pads and all but at the same time I really hate the percussion! The solo in the middle is great :)

Can I have a go at re-doing the percussion?

fatcollective
09-11-2004, 08:31 PM
nice one, its well produced, loads of variation, diffrent approach, very nice warm feel and trancey all in one. good on you for trying something else ;)

Tyrisia
09-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys, I spent all last night workin on it, it's had a rework of the percussion, stripped a load out and added some congas and stuff. Also added a counter melody with loadsa portamento, which sits in quite well. I'm gonna call this one finished, as I really don't think it needs anymore. Personally i'm quite pleased, but let me know what y'all think.

loopdon
09-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys, I spent all last night workin on it, it's had a rework of the percussion, stripped a load out and added some congas and stuff. Also added a counter melody with loadsa portamento, which sits in quite well. I'm gonna call this one finished, as I really don't think it needs anymore. Personally i'm quite pleased, but let me know what y'all think.

beautiful stuff. would love having this on a record... pure beauty :love:

John Vella
10-11-2004, 05:21 AM
yea this has a very uplifting feel that's for sure.

you must be at peace with things alot more than me (based on this one.) ;) :lol:

Melodies are really nice and flowing and tell an epic story...

Something I'd be more inclined to listen to and chill out with then actually play out.

Very pretty tho.

-j

dirty_bass
10-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I just heard the final version of this and I have to say I am very impressed.
Class, emotional techno that goes beyond the dancefloor.
I know everyone likes it bangin and rattlin here, but it`s so nice to hear something constructed that gives a real uplifting musical euphoria, without the predictable cheesy trance appreggios and stabs.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
We could do with a little more love in the sound of techno

Tyrisia
11-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys, i'm gonna try and get this one on wax. This has spurred me on to try some more of this melody malarchy, i'm just writin a b-side at the mo which i'll post in the next few days.

I'll keep y'all informed as to any possible release. Oh, and the girls like it too - can't be a bad thing!

xfive
11-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah Steve put it best - it hits the sweet spot as far as melodic and deep goes without being cheesy at all.

Good job mang :cool:

BloodStar
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
hey, this is really nice. deep and melodic,. something special for the girls ;) .
I'd compare it to A.Kowalski (little bit), i think.. I'd buy it...

Tyrisia
12-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Cheers for the feedback guys. I'm gonna rearrange it a bit, as i heard it on a rig and it needs to kick in a bit sooner, but as i've said i am pleased with it.

eyes without a face
12-11-2004, 10:40 AM
this is nice, im not as excited as u guys but its good.... not really my thing as far as techno goes but its certainly well made... could do with some more variation for my liking but i cud see this released for sure

278d7e64a374de26f==