PDA

View Full Version : Legal MP3 download sites

mrbenn
08-11-2004, 11:15 PM
As a final scratch user I find these sites really usefull. More & more are popping up & there archives are getting bigger.

Since trawling these sites i've found artists & tunes i've never heard of, ie obscure russian techno. Ive now got hold of some tracks i wouldnt have been able to get before. I think mp3 downloads will potentially mean a more varied sets from dj's which can only be good.

Also these sites are giving relativly unknown artists some limelight & letting artists who have difficulty releasing tracks on vinyl release labels, release them on internet based mp3 labels.

alot of the tracks you find are not released on vinyl which also means as a digital dj you have a collection of exclusive tracks.

For me all of this makes mp3 downloading the future & a good future as well.

discuss.................

Mitch Generator
09-11-2004, 12:55 AM
I concur with the future of mp3 mixing being alive and well , I think the focus of this discussion should not be IF it has a future, but how long it will take for a significant acceptance of this technology.

The interesting thing about this change too me is how mp3 technology makes it a fast process for new music gets into mainstream. In retrospect this speed kind of seems to eliminate "underground" music. I appreciate this because it forces djs to put more effort into their mixing abilities since their "unique" track selection abilities become far less signigicant.

mrbenn
09-11-2004, 03:10 PM
I concur with the future of mp3 mixing being alive and well , I think the focus of this discussion should not be IF it has a future, but how long it will take for a significant acceptance of this technology.

Yeh I tottaly agree with you there mate. I dont think it will that long before it is as common seing final scratch in a club as a pair of 1210's.

It didnt take long for cd decks to become the standard in clubs

no else have anything to say..............

this is at the end of the day the future of our scene.

jonnyspeed
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
My two favourates at the moment:

www.trackitdown.net
www.warprecords.com/bleep

mrbenn
10-11-2004, 10:40 AM
foryourears.com has some interesting sounds as well.

havnt been on the warp site yet ill have to check it out

278d7e64a374de26f==