PDA

View Full Version : Midi keyboard or piano and controller unit

miss bass
09-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Right

At the moment i have a general midi digital piano.

Would it be better to but a controller unit
http://www.nusystems.co.uk/buy.asp?p=850

and stick with me piano

or buy just a midi controller keyboard. As whats the point in me buying a keyboard when i have a beautiful piano i can tinkle on?

Komplex
09-11-2004, 02:25 PM
hopefully either your midi piano/keyboard or the knob box you want to buy has a midi merger function.

you just chain them together with midi cables and thats it. no need to buy an extra keyboard with knobs on it (which would be shitty compared to your digital piano).

miss bass
09-11-2004, 09:28 PM
hopefully either your midi piano/keyboard or the knob box you want to buy has a midi merger function.

you just chain them together with midi cables and thats it. no need to buy an extra keyboard with knobs on it (which would be shitty compared to your digital piano).

i know all i have to do is connect then.

But should i buy a midi controller unit to connect up too.

Or shall i sell my piano, then i can buy monitors, ram, a new soundcard, midi controler keyboard ...... clothes

:cry: im so confused.
Its upsetting getting rid of my piano but then i could spend the money on quality equipment resulting in better sounding shit.

xfive
09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
f#*k a piano
get some gear girl :rambo:

miss bass
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
f#*k a piano
get some gear girl :rambo:

ok

Komplex
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
do you use your piano? its a digital piano with midi yeah? they usually have a quality weighted keyboard...

can't you just keep the piano and save up more money to get more of the gear you need?

but if you don't use the piano, get rid of it. why is it confusing?

miss bass
09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
do you use your piano? its a digital piano with midi yeah? they usually have a quality weighted keyboard...

can't you just keep the piano and save up more money to get more of the gear you need?

but if you don't use the piano, get rid of it. why is it confusing?

Because i have people telling me to sell it but midi keyboard etc etc

Then the other side of the coin. Il have a think.

xfive
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Thing about it is.. do you really see yourself needing weighted keys, full octave range etc etc for making techno? I hiiiiighly doubt it..
And as you said .. you could use the cash to get another smaller controller with knobs and such.. and it will be a much more viable tool. ;)

eyes without a face
09-11-2004, 11:03 PM
sell sell sell!!!!!

sell the damned thing and get gear

loopdon
09-11-2004, 11:51 PM
sell sell sell!!!!!

sell the damned thing and get gear

true. i have got myself a pair of tapco s8 monitors and they have truely
been one of the best buys so far. it simply takes your production to another dimension...

278d7e64a374de26f==