View Full Version : The Carling Cup

DJsmallpaul
09-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Arsenal v Everton
Cardiff v Portsmouth
Watford v Southampton

And of course the big game

Burnley v Tottenham :lol:

Burnley will look to claim another Premiership scalp in Tuesday night's Carling Cup tie against Spurs, live on Sky Sports Two.

The Clarets knocked Aston Villa out in the prior round earning a home tie against Spurs - under the tutelage of Martin Jol for the first time.

Jol will be desperate to start his tenure with victory, and the Dutch tactician will be boosted by a look at Burnley's lengthening injury list.

Steve Cotterill has major doubts over his hugely successful central defensive partnership, with Frank Sinclair forced out early in Burnley's defeat to Ipswich at the weekend, and John McGreal carrying several knocks.

Gary Cahill has arrived on loan from Aston Villa and could start, whilst Michael Duff returns after suspension.

Ian Moore (knee), England Under-21 midfielder Richard Chaplow (knee) and Wales international Danny Coyne are all certain to miss out, but Jean Louis Valois should return.

Spurs, on the other hand, have a relatively full squad to choose from - although Erik Edman is still suffering from the effects of concussion, and Goran Bunjevcevic's emergency shin surgery rules him out.

Sean Davis and Thimothee Atouba are both long term absentees, but Anthony Gardner should be available.

DJsmallpaul
09-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Gonna get a pasting tonight :doh: :cry: We have most of our decent players out through injury & our squads already the smallest in the leauge.

Time for Burnley to embarress themselves on tv again :roll: if you can be when your up againsed a premiership side.

Just as long as it's under 6 goals :oops:

Esox Lucius
09-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Gonna get a pasting tonight :doh: :cry: We have most of our decent players out through injury & our squads already the smallest in the leauge.

Time for Burnley to embarress themselves on tv again :roll: if you can be when your up againsed a premiership side.

Just as long as it's under 6 goals :oops:

you never know mate, fingers crossed for ya.

DJsmallpaul
09-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Defoe Keane

Brian Jensen

That's all i need to say :doh:

Traxx
10-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Burnley & the closet manc's both got beat eh. Didnt expect arsenal to walk it like they did.

lukekendall
10-11-2004, 08:32 AM
wey hey!!!

good too see spurs win again :rambo:

anyone see defoes goal?? what a cracker from right outside the box!!! :cool:

the cool robbie keane got 2, its good to see hes back to his scoring ways :clap:

thought michel carrick was a huge influence he made the 2 first goals with some class runs and perfect crosses :clap: it was good as he made his first start from injury that lured him out at the start of the season.

it was really good seeing keane and defoe link up brilliantly in this game both using there skills flicking the ball to each other with i never seen under santini :cool: i hope know they start a great partnership!

Burnley played well but did not really have the quality upfront as they missed chances they had! but looked quite solid and did not give the ball away easily

good game :rambo:

SimonH
10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Watford 5 (FIVE) v Southampton 2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
10-11-2004, 11:00 AM
:lol:

DJsmallpaul
10-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Well done Spurs :clap: really deserved the win.

As luke says the Clarets did play well & should have converted some of our early chances but hey it wasn't to be. As i expected the difference was the quality upfront, Defoe & Keane are quality finishers.

So all in all a convincing win for Tottenham & Burnley played well & did not show us up on tv & i'm proud. :cool:

lukekendall
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Well done Spurs :clap: really deserved the win.

As luke says the Clarets did play well & should have converted some of our early chances but hey it wasn't to be. As i expected the difference was the quality upfront, Defoe & Keane are quality finishers.

So all in all a convincing win for Tottenham & Burnley played well & did not show us up on tv & i'm proud. :cool:

did you see defoes goal??

when he hit it i thought you donut as it looked liked he skyed it over the bar but it seemed to dip loads

quality :cool:

DJsmallpaul
10-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Course i did mate sheer quality :cool: but being a Claret i have to say our keeper should have been closer to his line :lol: ;)

lukekendall
10-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Course i did mate sheer quality :cool: but being a Claret i have to say our keeper should have been closer to his line :lol: ;)
yeah i thought that too but a good goal none the less

278d7e64a374de26f==