PDA

View Full Version : Claude Young @ Bad Taste Sessions 4th B'day (full details)

Bad Taste
09-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Bad Taste Sessions 4th Birthday part 1.
pounding techno & booty shakin’ electro punk

Detroit Legend Claude Young (deta, detroit)
+ resident Terry McClean (vortex, liverpool)

Fri 10th Dec
@ the Zanzibar Club
Seel St, Liverpool
11pm – 4am
www.badtastesessions.com
Free CD’s for first 5- people mixed by Terry McClean

Here’s a bit of information about the night…

Bad Taste Sessions was launched in 2000 in Omagh, N.Ireland by Terry McClean and soon became the epitome of all things hard & nasty!
In 2000, Terry also moved to Liverpool for college & became resident at Sonic Revolution. He continued to run Bad Taste Sessions in Omagh.

The cream of Northern Irish talent have done a stint at Bad Taste Sessions – Alan Simms (Shine), Phil Kieran (Shine, Bugged Out), Colin Shields (Evolution) & 3 time UK DMC finalist Kato. Terry has also brought a number of prolific DJ's from further a field to perform an eclectic mix of the underground genres. The likes of Mr C (The End), Jamie Bissmire (Space DJ'z, Bandulu) & Jamie Ball (Turning Point) have played to capacity crowds. Bad Taste Sessions has hosted the official Voodoo Records Tour with Voodoo's long time resident SteveShiels.

Liverpool favourites Scott McGill (T-Funkshun), Webb (Disted Twisco), Johnny One Move (Chibuku), Morph (ISM), George Harris (Shuffle) & Phurious Phil (Sonic Revolution) have all played.

Meanwhile, Terry has been promoting his DJing skills, incorporating 3 decks & '307' displays & a 4 decks 2 mixers set in conjunction with Full On's G-Roc. He has held numerous residencies in Ireland and Liverpool. Having played at Voodoo, Electric City (Dublin), Deep Fried Funk (Derry) before Umek, Evolution (Belfast), twice at Belfast's Digital T festival, with radio performances in England and Ireland, Terry is now set to take Bad Taste Sessions' demonic mix of pounding techno & booty shakin' electro punk to Liverpool audiences for Part 1 of a special 4th Birthday event.

Part 2 - Pete Donaldson (Perpetual, Hell, Belfast) + Terry McClean. Fri 17th Dec @ the O.T.C., Sedan Ave, Omagh, Co.Tyrone, N.Ireland.

Tickets
www.ticketweb.co.uk (08700600100)(24hrs),
www.badtastesessions.com, Radio City Box Office,
Probe, X-Fade, The Zanzibar.
£10 adv (subject to booking fee), £12 on door.
* Limited number of advance tickets available.

Traxx
09-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Cant wait for this, should be a corker. How long's claude on for?

Bad Taste
09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Definatley, should be a good one. Claude's on for 2 hrs

Traxx
09-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Good man, see ya there :cool:

eyes without a face
09-11-2004, 08:34 PM
damn im spinning that night!

damn u McClean!

its Scott of Grayshire here by the way mate ;)

Bad Taste
09-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Hello scott, pity, always hard not to clash with something.

eyes without a face
09-11-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah, its a bastard but hey its not like im missing it for someone thats not worth it, like my nans funeral or something.... il get to spin out

but good luck anyway, in all my years causing trouble in liverpool ive not once been to the Zanzibar, strange, but its reputation exceeds itself

catch u soon no doubt ;)

jock
01-12-2004, 09:05 AM
So who is coming to this then?

Although Voodoo reinstalled my faith in techno clubs in Liverpool, i still think there are a lot of people who will only go to Voodoo and no-where else.

It would be great to see loads of people at this night, I personally I have been dying to see Claude for ages. Spoke to a few people at Voodoo who said they were going!!

Traxx
01-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Im there :cool:

Goin to see mike grant as well if poss.

Frank Dogshit
01-12-2004, 01:57 PM
either CY or Darkside for me....cant decide.

jock
01-12-2004, 05:30 PM
way i see it is that I have seen Jeff Mills a few times this year and to be honest he has been hit and miss, plus its a trek to leeds, although it will be a good night.

Claude Young i have never seen and hopefully it will be top drawer, plus its very local and easy to get to!!

Frank Dogshit
01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
way i see it is that I have seen Jeff Mills a few times this year and to be honest he has been hit and miss, plus its a trek to leeds, although it will be a good night.

Claude Young i have never seen and hopefully it will be top drawer, plus its very local and easy to get to!!

i meant darkside mate.....not superconductor which is this weekend. :cool:

neko
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
any chance of pete donaldson playing at the liverpool night in the future?

Stella Boy
01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Free CD’s for first 5- people mixed by Terry McClean

Aren't you generious :lol:

Have a great night fella's :cool:

Bad Taste
02-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Shit, just noticed the 5 cd thing there, sorry.

I meant to say 50. I'm not that tight. They are double CD's too, that look like lovely cute little records. Very nice.

I'll likely be having Pete over in Liverpool sometime too, don't worry.

You're right, he a great DJ.

jock
02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Ooops my mistake, thought it was a bit strange!!!!!

jock
10-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Tis tonight, I cannot wait.

Hope there is a decent crowd done there, so much else going on in Liverpool but I am sure that Claude will drag in the punters!!

Traxx
12-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Claude young was stupidly good, scratching with his face & his elbows :doh:

:cool:

jock
12-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Aye yeah it was good to see someone with that enthusiasm and happiness up on the decks. Good night.

Bad Taste
13-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone who came down on Friday night. Hope you all had a good night.

+ If anyone has any pictures of the night, crowd/dj's (anything good) can you let me know please, terrybadtastesessions@hotmail.com. They could be going up on the site.

+If you know who nicked my red psycho jacket off the stage, please let me know so I can track the cu#t down.

Thanks.

neko
13-12-2004, 12:45 PM
+If you know who nicked my red psycho jacket off the stage, please let me know so I can track the cu#t down.

unlucky mate.
there's always one scabby fu*ker.

beyond me why anyone would steal someone elses clothing.

eyes without a face
13-12-2004, 12:46 PM
by all accounts a wikid night, unfortunate about ur jacket tho dude

i remember my coat got stolen in Bugged Out once, that was a bit naughty, freezing outside without that baby

neko
13-12-2004, 12:48 PM
i remember my coat got stolen in Bugged Out once, that was a bit naughty, freezing outside without that baby

fu*king gypos :rambo:

neko
13-12-2004, 12:48 PM
did you go to this scott?

Traxx
13-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Was a good night this one :cool:

eyes without a face
13-12-2004, 01:37 PM
no i was ****ed from work and had work early the next day too

:(

neko