PDA

View Full Version : your local vinyl suppliers

Tony
10-11-2004, 02:18 PM
hello, i'm almost up and trading here in sunny birmingham, and i began to wonder.....

.....i have a long list of contacts for shops etc, but i'm sure i may be missing some.

so, who are your local vinyl suppliers and/or is there anyone else that you visit who seem to want to get you some great music in, but have difficulty finding it for you?

PM me with any contact details for any shops you think could benefit from dealing with my good self. theres no worries about telling of the usual suspects, i am aware of all the biggies, but there may be some one who might do a roaring trade with me, but we arent aware of each others existance so far.

cheers

fatcollective
10-11-2004, 03:41 PM
i take it your a distributor?

Frank Dogshit
10-11-2004, 03:42 PM
xfade records liverpool,dale street.
rae chans the man!!

Traxx
10-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Not if your into techno he's not :lol:

eyes without a face
10-11-2004, 03:48 PM
haha xfade..... how many times can one laugh at the sheer gall of the place

i remember seeing Glenn Wilsons ep on Freshgrind priced at £8.99.... no offence, nice record, but come on.....

Rae is playing in lpool soon Danny we shud go

Frank Dogshit
10-11-2004, 03:51 PM
im up for that..... :lol:

Rae Chan = Man of the people.

Traxx
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
:lol:

Tony
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
i used to deal with rae, but there is underlying sarcasm going on here. i see what you mean on prices. but freshgrind is an import title, and would end up at high prices. so whats the rest of the story?? :)

T
10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
if your in London town I'd suggest having a walk down Berwick Street Soho lot's of good independent places there some of which have been a bit slack in updating there techno sections of late notably Sister Ray and Selectadisc.

Others down there such as Koobla, Vinyl Junkies may be worth checking....like I say best to just go there I suppose but if not check google for possible URL's but sorry don't know them off the top of my head.
sorry if this is useless info.

Eddie
10-11-2004, 05:24 PM
i used to deal with rae, but there is underlying sarcasm going on here. i see what you mean on prices. but freshgrind is an import title, and would end up at high prices. so whats the rest of the story?? :)

Its just prices in general! You need to have a word with all the shops in liverpool seen as it is supposedly the capital of culture, it is so hard to find good techno

Tony
10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
if your in London town I'd suggest having a walk down Berwick Street Soho lot's of good independent places there some of which have been a bit slack in updating there techno sections of late notably Sister Ray and Selectadisc.

Others down there such as Koobla, Vinyl Junkies may be worth checking....like I say best to just go there I suppose but if not check google for possible URL's but sorry don't know them off the top of my head.
sorry if this is useless info.

i know all of those, but thanks anyway amigo

Tony
10-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Its just prices in general! You need to have a word with all the shops in liverpool seen as it is supposedly the capital of culture, it is so hard to find good techno

hmmm, capital of culture indeed.
dont get me wrong i was born there, but do you think that award should have been titled 'city that really needs culture desperatley'? i think birmingham should have own in that case :) ;)

Tiddlypeep
10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
After seeing what this mans got to offer I can't wait till he is up and running!!!.

So much good stuff there!.

Will :)

herman
10-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Not sure how up to date it is but this (http://www.moremusic.co.uk/links/uk_shops.htm) is a pretty comprehensive list of stores in the uk

Tony
10-11-2004, 06:42 PM
cheers herman. i'd ploughed through some of that list in the past but couldnt remember the link. thats wicked thanks ;)

gumpy green
10-11-2004, 06:52 PM
ther only really one good undergound shop in edinburgh that could help you.

its called underground solushn

gav@undergroundsolushn.com -dunno if that still works but give it a try...if not let me know and ill get the phone no..

Tony
10-11-2004, 07:37 PM
yeah, i know of them, but couldnt get through the other day. i'll percivere and give you a shout if it fails ;)

gumpy green
10-11-2004, 08:49 PM
yeah, i know of them, but couldnt get through the other day. i'll percivere and give you a shout if it fails ;)

nae bother, just drop me a pm cos i may forget to check this thread..

278d7e64a374de26f==