PDA

View Full Version : Vocal trouble

AcidTrash
10-11-2004, 05:08 PM
I've taken a vocal sample and it really works in my tune however as it's from the the start of the chorus there's a crash cymbal at the start of the vocal. I've tried filtering and EQ'ing but can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete.

loopdon
10-11-2004, 06:49 PM
I've taken a vocal sample and it really works in my tune however as it's from the the start of the chorus there's a crash cymbal at the start of the vocal. I've tried filtering and EQ'ing but can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete.

I have heard Adobe Audition has a vocal extraction function. you could try that. Maybe the vocal is centered and the cybal isn't....

Could you upload the file?

DJZeMigL
10-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Maybe a multicomp with gate or even one of the new waves transient shapers 2 drop down the ride and bring up the vocal transients!

I know there a new miltizone comp coming out by elemental audio systems, it works more or less like a normal multiband compr, only it does not seperate de sound by freq. ranges but by level ranges, so if there is a resonable level diference between the 2 u can use diferent zones and increase/ decrease what maters!... www.elementalaudio.com ... it's called Neodynium...
not sure if any of this will work!

Z

loopdon
11-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe a multicomp with gate or even one of the new waves transient shapers 2 drop down the ride and bring up the vocal transients!

I know there a new miltizone comp coming out by elemental audio systems, it works more or less like a normal multiband compr, only it does not seperate de sound by freq. ranges but by level ranges, so if there is a resonable level diference between the 2 u can use diferent zones and increase/ decrease what maters!... www.elementalaudio.com ... it's called Neodynium...
not sure if any of this will work!

Z

Hey mig! this is already out...

DJZeMigL
11-11-2004, 04:26 PM
yeah nice 1 ... I hope I can get my hands in 1 2 try it out the all concept seems a bit mind blowing! :)

Z

loopdon
11-11-2004, 10:47 PM
http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/neodynium/

looks beautiful. will give it a second try now that i have monitors... ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==