PDA

View Full Version : Not So Urban (Warfare)

xfive
11-11-2004, 09:39 AM
In case one wasn't enough to listen to... here's a tribal number I did today. Not completely finished yet length wise but the basic idea is there.

Any feedback/comments appreciated as always ;)

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_not_so_urban_warfare1.mp3

Thanks

BloodStar
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
hi there,
quite nice start. I think, there§s something wrong, when i listen to 4th beat, it's a bit out of time, i think, maybe to high attack or something,.. and the offbeat hihat could be shorter on decay... just my opinions and feels after 1st listen ;) sounds nice, will see the progress.

The Overfiend
11-11-2004, 04:44 PM
I think you hear the perc this sounds fine to me, actually it's one of my faves from eckfukierucky.

doc12inch
11-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Mate this tune kicks ass - i love tribal like this - proper nice stuff.

if its not too much bother i would love a copy of the final product, i would love to play it out

xfive
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys :)

I will post the final up probably tonight or so. You are more than welcome to play that to your heart's content. A CD or something is do-able too...
Vinyl on the other hand.... :doh: .... would be nice ;)

doc12inch
11-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys :)

I will post the final up probably tonight or so. You are more than welcome to play that to your heart's content. A CD or something is do-able too...
Vinyl on the other hand.... :doh: .... would be nice ;)

wicked

j_s
12-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Sweet. At points it reminds me a little of Ortin Cam's work, but with a lot more variation to it. Really like some of the fills you've used, the bass sounds great too - subtle but effective...
Only suggestion I can think of is that the sweeps you've used in the background could possibly have a bit more depth to them, though I suppose this would comprimise the clarity...
Nice work.

xfive
12-11-2004, 04:12 AM
Thanks j_s, I will have to check some more Ortin Cam out. I actually haven't heard any of his stuff that I can remember.

Just finished this up... here ya go peeps:

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_not_so_urban__warfare__.mp3

Cheers

eyes without a face
12-11-2004, 10:24 AM
best ive heard from u yet mate, would change a few things tho as it gets a bit loopy (loopy is good but needs a few more small, clever edits to keep it more entertaining)

a little more variation in the main congo/bongo line i think, a few more notes. give the kick a little more, maybe bring the synths up or add another funky synth, pull the bass up more too i think and ul have a winner

xfive
12-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Cheers dude.. I will try and see if I can sort out some more variation over the weekend... I will probably be catching up on a lot of sleep though... 18 hours total the last 5 nights. :wtf:

:lol:

dirty_bass
12-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Nice.
I like the laidback feel. It`s hard to get that kinda chilled but tough vibe going, but I really appreciate it when it`s done well. Steve stoll is very good at doing this.

THis is good, best thing I`ve heard from you for a while I think.
All the sounds fit nicely, I like the FM percussion, it works nicely.
Overall this is class, and nicely different.

The only critisism I have is the slightly odd feel of the soundspace of the mix. It feels a little constrained. and frequency wise, could be larger.
I think the top end is just a little too soft, and could do with a little more crispness in the high end. That shaker is lovely but could reach higher frequency wise. Maybe back it up with another hat.

The bass could also maybe be fuller, there`s some lovely sub there, and I think there`s room in the mix to bring it up in level without muddying that kick. Also, the grrove is definitely reliant on that bass, and bringing it out more will up the ass shake factor.

Programming and stuff is tight, real nice, I could see this getting played by many a good jock.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
12-11-2004, 04:06 PM
oh phuck biscuits!
I listened to the wrong version.
ooh.
The finished version is fuller.
The top end works much better, and the percussion is even nicer!! Very carnival, without sounding cheesy latino.

The bass still needs to be bigger.

But yeah, this rocks. :clap:

xfive
12-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Cheers man!

Yeah I think I need to give the bass another kick in the nutz with something... I'll try a few different processing plugs. Can't remember the name of that one off hand.. but there was a cool one that someone posted that only deals with bass clarity and oomph.... I'll find it.

I must say, Sky Powder Evil had more bass in it than some of the more slammin dnb tunes I've heard ;)

:)

Evil G
12-11-2004, 04:59 PM
ya dude, this is hot. your sound has been really starting to come together lately. :clap:

xfive
19-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks G, I've been workin my ass off this month. I go to my day job and then come home and stare at the computer for 10 more hours... get about 3-4 hours of sleep nightly. :shock:

I have made some minor modifications to this track... I guess I can call it completed now.. :lol:

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/xfive_-_not_so_urban__warfare__final_.mp3

Cheers folks

278d7e64a374de26f==