PDA

View Full Version : more from me...'how do i' - cut up a sample and time stretch

lee_lotzof
12-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I use soundforge and FL.

now loops in stuff i can use the slicer if i like, but say for instance i wanna cut up a vocal sample from something, and i eq and getting it sounding how i want, but then my problem is...

i have to cut the bitch up to fit in to my sequencer and in time - i dont think im using the time stretch tool in sounforge correct - or is there a way in FL to trigger the sample a little later theni can mess around with my tempo to match the BPM of the sample im working on...

get me?? :?:

Moonin
12-11-2004, 01:59 PM
If the vocal sample has got a time signature (ie. say its at 60bpm), then u dont need to cut it up, u just need to time stretch it (ie. by say 50% if u want it at 120bpm).

If the vocal is just some random words with no time signature. Then i think that there is an option in fruity's sampler that lets u add hit-points at different times in the sample, and then these can be linked to the tempo of the tune. I'm not sure about this cos i've never used fruity. Look up 'hitpoints' in the help file.

NFP
12-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Get Halion for Cubase that a good program to use for samples

lee_lotzof
12-11-2004, 02:11 PM
thanks for the tips...

ths would be a sample that i have taken, so it would needed cropping etc.

guess thats what i mean

schlongfingers
12-11-2004, 03:00 PM
In Fruity, first of all right click on the sample in the loop window and select 'cut itself' then use the fit to time / stretch option to get the loop in time.

For small adjustments in start points there is a knob at the bottom left of the 'Misc' tab that allows you to fine tune the start point (hold down ctrl as you move the knob for finer tuning).

If you can't see these let me know and I'll take screenshots and post - on my work mac at the moment so I can't do this right now.

Though if your origin

schlongfingers
12-11-2004, 03:01 PM
al clips are off point then best practise would be to remove any space from the front and end of the clip using soundforge, then your start point is always gonna be correct.

lee_lotzof
12-11-2004, 04:45 PM
brilliant!!

just what i need, ill let u know how i got on, see ya monday!! :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

epidemic001
14-11-2004, 11:35 PM
instead of putting the vocal sample into a sampler in fruity loops choose the fruity granulizer which is in the same drop down window as the sampler, ts404 etc and import the vocal sample into that.

There is all kinds of knobs you can twidle to stretch an distort the sample in that mate

lee_lotzof
15-11-2004, 12:37 PM
In Fruity, first of all right click on the sample in the loop window and select 'cut itself' then use the fit to time / stretch option to get the loop in time.

For small adjustments in start points there is a knob at the bottom left of the 'Misc' tab that allows you to fine tune the start point (hold down ctrl as you move the knob for finer tuning).

If you can't see these let me know and I'll take screenshots and post - on my work mac at the moment so I can't do this right now.

Though if your origin

I TRIED THIS over the weekend - kinda not got twhat you meant - any chance of some screen shots to point out where you mean - cheerssss. :clap:

baptismo
16-11-2004, 11:18 AM
instead of putting the vocal sample into a sampler in fruity loops choose the fruity granulizer which is in the same drop down window as the sampler, ts404 etc and import the vocal sample into that.

There is all kinds of knobs you can twidle to stretch an distort the sample in that mate

yer use the granulizer...proper usefull bit of kit, and its got a really individual sound for ****ing up vocals.

lee_lotzof
16-11-2004, 01:18 PM
ta...will try wheni got some time.

Fishy wishy

baptismo
16-11-2004, 02:07 PM
ta...will try wheni got some time.

Fishy wishy

:lol: blub blub

Dj Sanders
24-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeh granulize the bitch :) you will be surprised at the stretch effects this small tiny plugin does...

JOn Jon :P

278d7e64a374de26f==