PDA

View Full Version : more help with time stretching and getting samples to fit

lee_lotzof
12-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I use soundforge and FL.

now loops in stuff i can use the slicer if i like, but say for instance i wanna cut up a vocal sample from something, and i eq and getting it sounding how i want, but then my problem is...

i have to cut the bitch up to fit in to my sequencer and in time - i dont think im using the time stretch tool in sounforge correct - or is there a way in FL to trigger the sample a little later theni can mess around with my tempo to match the BPM of the sample im working on...

get me?? :?:

DJZeMigL
12-11-2004, 03:11 PM
In FL u can set the amount of steps u want the file 2 play for.. the pitch/ sound will b a bit munched but generally does the trick 4 most stuff!

On the cahnnel settings there is a small window called FIT..!

Also U can click on the sound u want 2 work on then on on top of the window , next 2 the shuffle slider u got a simbol with some bars (next 2 the keys symbol), click it and choose shift, that's how u make a certain sound slightly of tempo at it maximum u'll "delay" the note event exactly 1 step..

Z

lee_lotzof
12-11-2004, 04:43 PM
coooooool . some good advice there Mig...

so...is there a way of triggering the sample a little later within the sample, withour using the slicer?

ie i have a vocal and i want it to be trigger it at a certain point.

loopdon
12-11-2004, 11:56 PM
I still really don't know exactly what you want, but i'll try:

You can move single samples more freely on the grid, i.e. a lil later/earlier by going to a) 'Channel Settings' of your sample -->FUNC---> Time---> Move the Button labeled 'QFS'; this will alow you to move a sample between the 16ths (for example to 32 and so on)

You could alternatively try Propellerheads 'Recycle' and cut your loop into small samples and the move them around in the step sequencer with method a) (above) or within the piano roll where you can set sample lenghts and so on very accurately.

Any help?

278d7e64a374de26f==