View Full Version : Just plain odd!!!

AcidTrash
12-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Would love your thoughts on these!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/newwave.mp3
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/oddacid.mp3

Evil G
12-11-2004, 07:51 PM
the transitions in and out of the sample in the first track are a bit sudden, but while it's playing it actually fits with the acid lines quite nicely. i like it. :)

paxus
13-11-2004, 03:02 PM
newwave - definetly weird to hear a chunk of what sounds like a house hook, in acid, but it works. The movement in is a little weird, but once the line is going it sounds very funky and nice. Drum programming is choice, although the snare hits on the build-up could be tuned down a bit. Like this choon a lot, would love to play it out. : )

oddacid - The melody on this, with the waning strings is really nice, don't think that the line fits all that well with it though, and the kick is a lil weird. I tend to associate the distorted kicks like this with hardstyle, it kinda draws back from the speed. I do like the direction it takes, definetly stepping into newer territory with it, and i like that. can't wait to hear the final.

-&rew

AcidTrash
13-11-2004, 05:08 PM
"I tend to associate the distorted kicks like this with hardstyle, it kinda draws back from the speed" I've always thought that aboutr hardstyle.
Thanks for your feedback. I do know exactly what you mean but I haven't found any combination that truly sits into the tune for a leadline as it's a bit of a perculiar track.
I think I use acid lines as an easy answer to complete a track which is a bit lazy but sometimes I lcan't think of stuff to do instead so I go with it as it means leaving a good idea on the shelf if I don't.

New3 wave is one of those tangled up tracks that just won't sound right alll the way through but when the resonance of the acid line hits an equailibrium it all kinda slots in to place. I'm gambling that ity will workj on a dancefloor. The vocal is actually "hole in the head" by the Sugarbabes.

paxus
13-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Hardstyle is a german genre somewhere between Gabber and hard stripped down trance. It's called tech-club in Germany, but its characterized by tough distorted 808 kicks, rough high pitched melody, and relatively high bpm 145-160. Just reminds me of it for some reason. And there ain't nuthin wrong with giving a track an acid line : ). -&rew

AcidTrash
14-11-2004, 10:28 PM
TB303 and VST acid boxes can do no wrong!

278d7e64a374de26f==