PDA

View Full Version : Downing!!

lukekendall
15-11-2004, 02:44 PM
this lad should at least get a chance in the england squad maybe a friendly or something.

he could be the answer to all our problems on the left :clap:

Esox Lucius
15-11-2004, 02:48 PM
in a year or two maybe but i dont think he's ready yet.

jam
15-11-2004, 03:49 PM
lol told you so

macca
15-11-2004, 04:48 PM

i would stick him now we cant wait around theres no 1 good enuff 2 solve the left side problem apart from him

Traxx
15-11-2004, 08:38 PM

i would stick him now we cant wait around theres no 1 good enuff 2 solve the left side problem apart from him

what problem? :eh:

macca
16-11-2004, 12:25 AM

what problem? :eh:

what problem u tellin me that weve got a perfect left sided player 2 play every game sorry mate every 1 nos its englands weekness plenty of decent talent in other areas me thinks but not on the left

Traxx
16-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Cole & bridge???????????

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Cole & bridge???????????

2 defenders tho aint it

Esox Lucius
16-11-2004, 08:32 AM
you need someone like damien duff ;)

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 09:17 AM
you need someone like damien duff ;)

robben!!! :clap:

macca
16-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Cole & bridge???????????

2 defenders tho aint it

exactly cant believe traxx thinks the left side of midfield is ok :doh:

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Cole & bridge???????????

2 defenders tho aint it

hes a liverpool fan!! i say no more!! :lol: :lol:

macca
16-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Cole & bridge???????????

2 defenders tho aint it

hes a liverpool fan!! i say no more!! :lol: :lol:

eh :nono: lol :lol:

Traxx
16-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Two defenders or not they do alright. It aint a "problem" like it was years ago. Both quality players & i wouldnt put downing in before either of them, bet sven doesnt either. ;)

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Two defenders or not they do alright. It aint a "problem" like it was years ago. Both quality players & i wouldnt put downing in before either of them, bet sven doesnt either. ;)

i would, and sven is a monkey!!!

Traxx
16-11-2004, 02:26 PM

Are you welsh?

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 02:51 PM

Are you welsh?

I aint no sheep shagger, i just think sven is a shit manager!!!

Traxx
16-11-2004, 03:01 PM
On what basis?

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 03:08 PM
On what basis?

hes gutless

everyone goes on that his record is all this but to be fair we have one of the best tems in the world!

he would not drop beckham even if he had a broken toe if beckham wanted to still play!!

na but who takes hesky to 2004?? and james in goal!! i only think he dropped them in the end cause the papers were giving him shit!!

Traxx
16-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Probably because he was playing week in week out with owen & had been for england for a long time the same with james since seamen quit. You dont go into a championships & fuk your sides stability up by droping your regular striker & keeper. I aint stickin up for heskey either. He is fuking useless. Had to put up with that cunt for four long fukin years.

GOOD RIDDANCE :clap:

lukekendall
16-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Probably because he was playing week in week out with owen & had been for england for a long time the same with james since seamen quit. You dont go into a championships & fuk your sides stability up by droping your regular striker & keeper. I aint stickin up for heskey either. He is fuking useless. Had to put up with that cunt for four long fukin years.

GOOD RIDDANCE :clap:

still i think if we brought defoe instead of hesky/vassel we would of won the portugal game! and i aint saying that cause i support spurs, just i think he would of!!

also i dont think beckham should not be captain, he aint no leader, ferdinand should have the band

i just think we would be so much better with a manager like fergason, that is not guttless and drops players if they aint performing

Traxx
16-11-2004, 03:31 PM
It may of took him a while but he's learned that now. Look at james & heskey. Lets hope he keeps it up. :doh: :lol:

piginabush
16-11-2004, 08:17 PM
i wouldnt put downing in before either of them, bet sven doesnt either. ;)

thats quite a bold statement..... considering the squad for the friendly was announced on saturday :clap: :clap: :clap:

personally I think downing is better to have a few more games at under 21, maybe take him as a squad player for a couple of games to give him a taste, see how it goes.

I dont think cole and bridge is a good combination left side...... neither really have too much ability in taking players on, something which stewie does for fun ;)

then again, I watch him more often than most of you, being a boro fan :lol:

Traxx
16-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Why is he in the squad? Didn’t realise it was only a friendly. If he is in the squad then he may well play but you seriously think that Sven is gonna drop Cole do you? He's turned into a top left back. His defending has improved vastly & he’s always been good at getting forward.

Esox Lucius
16-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Paul Robinson
David James
Chris Kirkland
Ashley Cole
Matt Upson
Wayne Bridge
John Terry
Jamie Carragher
Rio Ferdinand
Gary Neville
Phil Neville
Jermaine Jenas
David Beckham
Owen Hargreaves
Nicky Butt
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
Shaun Wright Phillips
Wayne Rooney
Alan Smith
Michael Owen
Jermain Defoe

Esox Lucius
16-11-2004, 08:51 PM
as the spanish will say about sven after the match "El dumbass más grande en el mundo" :lol:

Traxx
16-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Hahaha :lol:

piginabush
16-11-2004, 11:13 PM
nah, what I meant was that he wasnt in the squad, he played for the under 21s tonight......

from skysports.com;

Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing came close on two occasions with a cross-shot and curling effort, but ultimately England crashed to defeat.

Traxx
16-11-2004, 11:17 PM
nah, what I meant was that he wasnt in the squad, he played for the under 21s tonight......

from skysports.com;

Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing came close on two occasions with a cross-shot and curling effort, but ultimately England crashed to defeat.

Didnt realise mate ive been away since thursday :doh: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==