PDA

View Full Version : Messanger *NOV4* hard driving tekno

BRADLEE
15-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi Everyone. Hear is a tune I just got done. http://iluvtekno.com/nov4.mp3 Please take a listen a tell me what you think. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Brad Lee
"messanger"

audioinjection
15-11-2004, 07:51 PM
dope track Brad! ;)

BRADLEE
15-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks David...I didn't know you were on here homie ;)

eyes without a face
15-11-2004, 08:00 PM
wikid stuff dude, very good ;)

paxus
15-11-2004, 08:07 PM
luvin it! The high pass sounds a bit cluttered, but is probably
just the mp3. The phaser stabs are awesome, they definetly
complete the choon for me. It's a sound you don't hear often
in techno. The bar changes with the phased revolving noise
sounds great too. A break would be nice, but keeping it bang-
ing the whole way through works just as well. nice one. -&rew

BRADLEE
15-11-2004, 08:13 PM
paxus Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

luvin it! The high pass sounds a bit cluttered, but is probably
just the mp3. The phaser stabs are awesome, they definetly
complete the choon for me. It's a sound you don't hear often
in techno. The bar changes with the phased revolving noise
sounds great too. A break would be nice, but keeping it bang-
ing the whole way through works just as well. nice one. -&rew

Nice :dance: I'm happy that everyone seems to be liking it so far :clap: I've got a few other ones too that I'm going to post up here soon as well. Thanks to everyone who is leaving me feedback.

Brad Lee
"messanger"

Evil G
16-11-2004, 03:11 AM
sorry to say it seems over-compressed and distorted to me. i can tell that there is some interesting stuff going on but it's really harsh sounding and my instinct when it came on was to turn it down. i would love to hear a cleaner version.

StoQ
16-11-2004, 10:01 AM
ok i've listened to it one more time, and... :clap: great structure and arrangement, maybe kick-bassline should have more punch, besides a great track

BRADLEE
16-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:01 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i've listened to it one more time, and... great structure and arrangement, maybe kick-bassline should have more punch, besides a great track

Nice, well thanks for the comments. I do appreciate it.

stjohn
16-11-2004, 05:09 PM
i liked it... i have a theory that certain tunes that may sound like the bassdrum doesnt punch enough, once brought onto a big system, pack more punch than most tunes, RE: alot of chester beatty trax from 2 years ago!
it also reminds of wunsch's on theory, i think it was theory 22
good flow and changovers, id have it up the front of record bag!

BRADLEE
16-11-2004, 05:16 PM
stjohn Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:09 pm Post subject:

i liked it... i have a theory that certain tunes that may sound like the bassdrum doesnt punch enough, once brought onto a big system, pack more punch than most tunes, RE: alot of chester beatty trax from 2 years ago!
it also reminds of wunsch's on theory, i think it was theory 22
good flow and changovers, id have it up the front of record bag!

Right on, that makes me very happy. I agree you as well though. Some that appear quiet actualy bump like crazy. I've heard this one on about 5000 watts and it sounded very good. But I do need to tone down the highs a bit. Thanks again on such a great compliment. I really wish that I did have this on vinyl. I'd throw you a copy. ;)

j_s
16-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Sounds good to me. Quite busy, lot's going on, but on the whole everything is fairly clear. All those percussion lines give the track a shitload of energy. I think the bottom end could maybe come through a bit more though, the kick is good but the bass seems less clear (from 1:15-1:35 particularly, then again later on). It does sound quite harsh to an extent too, I think lowering some of the highs is definately good idea...

BRADLEE
16-11-2004, 07:54 PM
j_s Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:28 pm

Sounds good to me. Quite busy, lot's going on, but on the whole everything is fairly clear. All those percussion lines give the track a shitload of energy. I think the bottom end could maybe come through a bit more though, the kick is good but the bass seems less clear (from 1:15-1:35 particularly, then again later on). It does sound quite harsh to an extent too, I think lowering some of the highs is definately good

Yeah I'm definately going to lower the high end a bit on this one. However I kind of like the harshness to it myself. I dunno, I guess that's just me... :lol:

messyfuture
19-11-2004, 06:44 PM
like this track but i was waiting for the kick and bass to be droped somewhere and really getting it into gear

good track though

BRADLEE
19-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Thank you very much. However you are correct. I am re-working the kicks so that they are much heavier right now actually. Just to add that bit more of punch to it. ;)

dirty_bass
20-11-2004, 12:38 AM
This sounds great.
I wouldn`t touch a thing. Those kicks will cut through on a rig fine.
This is lovely, nice and shuffley ass wigglin and dark.
Very different too
Well done :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
22-11-2004, 04:13 PM
dirty_bass Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:38 am Post subject:

This sounds great.
I wouldn`t touch a thing. Those kicks will cut through on a rig fine.
This is lovely, nice and shuffley ass wigglin and dark.
Very different too
Well done

Thank you very much!!!! Seriously, coming from you, this means a ton to me!!!! Especially with you being such a great producer. :clap:

curly
19-12-2004, 05:00 PM
stomping tune, I have listened to it many times this week, and it grabs my attention every time. I would love to play it out on final scratch, is that ok.

BRADLEE
20-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Yes, more than OK. Thank you very much for your kind words too :cool: ha ha, I'm going to post another new one today or tomorrow too. It has a similar bounce to this one.

decoherance
21-12-2004, 06:58 PM
dirty dirty dirty! got a bit of a dj bam bam feel to it. love all the little edits.
makes me want to recreate the battle of britain in my back garden armed with a bucket and spade and the power of techno! :twisted:

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:58 pm Post subject:
dirty dirty dirty! got a bit of a dj bam bam feel to it. love all the little edits.
makes me want to recreate the battle of britain in my back garden armed with a bucket and spade and the power of techno!

Nice!!! You have quite the imagination :clap: It gets me nice and hyped up too. Sounds really good over about 10000 watts or so. ;)

TimoBenz
21-12-2004, 09:12 PM
nice track... but the bass frequencies are to low....

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah I am still working in headphones. So I know that all my levels are not perfect. However until I have some monitors, there is only so much I can do. Thanks for the comments.

278d7e64a374de26f==