PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Night Time - a deep one

eyes without a face
17-11-2004, 04:18 PM
hey peeps

here is a deep track ive been working on, lemme know what u think

it needs a vocal yet i think personally and another synth but here it is for now

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Night_Time.mp3

cheers peeps

detfella
17-11-2004, 04:31 PM
not my sort of thing tbh, but nice production. for me, i'd like to hear more variation in the arrangement or some strange noises. im an antifan of vocals :evil:

eyes without a face
17-11-2004, 04:33 PM
vocals rule haha, depends how u use em

thanks anyway tho dude :)

BRADLEE
17-11-2004, 06:41 PM
I like the track for sure. Good stuff, but I was expecting something differant. It's just much differant from the other tunes of yours that I've heard. However I do like it. It would be a great tune for opening up any tekno set :!:

eyes without a face
17-11-2004, 07:02 PM
i make all sorts mate, not just techno. Techno, House and Electro.... too many one trick ponies about and i dont aim to become one of them...

any half talented producer will tell u variety is the spice of life, i listen to and am influenced by people like Masters at Work, Derrick Carter etc just as much as the techno side of things, i like to work the different elements of house and techno into tracks, gives me my own "quirkyness" as alot think

but thanks anyway dude

BRADLEE
17-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I think you took me wrong. I'm not badmouthing the tune or the style. I like it, I just said it was differant from what I was expecting....that's all :doh:

Frank Dogshit
17-11-2004, 07:38 PM
nice track....id say leave a vocal out tho.

eyes without a face
17-11-2004, 07:45 PM
yeah mate i get u, i knew that! ;)

frank - hmm not a cheesy vocal of course, il get something and chop it up non-cheesy style haha

xfive
17-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Good start man.. I like the funk.

Gotta repost when theres a bit more to it. :rambo:

split
18-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Solamente tengo que decirte: Scott tu material me viene realmente bien ahora...voy a intentar sacar esta semana....espero que ellos disminuyan (o bajen) mejor que tu novia!

Ole!

Senor Finke

eyes without a face
18-11-2004, 11:48 AM
hahahahaha

that translated as

I only have decirte: Scott your material comes to me really or now... I am going to try to remove this.espero week... that they diminish (or they lower) better than your fiancèe! Ole!

explain Finke!

hahahaha

eyes without a face
18-11-2004, 11:50 AM
your stuff is getting better, and that ill try a few out and see how they go down..hopefully better than your girlfriend!

hahahaha that was the correct translation apparently

thank you squire, i think u shud brush up on ur spanish tho mate

eyes without a face
18-11-2004, 05:43 PM
check it now boys and girls, finished it before :)

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_Night_Time.mp3

lemme know!

xfive
18-11-2004, 06:09 PM
IT SUCKS! :wtf:

haha just kidding... I'm waiting till I get home to listen on the proper speakers :lol: :lol:

eyes without a face
18-11-2004, 06:16 PM
hahahaha u twat :rambo:

xfive
19-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Aight just heard this on the proper system.
I like this mang...
I'd consider dropping in some more variation to the beginning.. just some hints of extra percussion here and there.. the funk is beggin for it :)
I liked the breakdown and the subsequent drop in and beat thereafter. Definetly funktafied :rambo:
I'd make the kick a bit chunkier, not so clicky.. and change up the snare for one thats not so hissy.. It kinda has an old school vibe to it when I hear it in context with your main loop.

Overall it's cool and funky and I dig. ;)

eyes without a face
19-11-2004, 10:57 AM
its meant to have an oldskool vibe! haha

thanks anyway, nice one bud ;)

xfive
19-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Well mang if thats what you're going for ya hit it on the head :)

eyes without a face
19-11-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah, it doesnt always show but i like to get my stuff sounding a little old school, its not a preconcieved idea it just kinda happens when im working stuff down, i really love old snares and claps, old acid-esque basses etc etc and in some tracks its obvious some not so much

im only 22 aswell haha its not like i was into it all when it first came around to be honest, just a strange one

:)

dirty_bass
20-11-2004, 12:30 AM
I like this, nice n chilled.
Something doesn`t sit right though.
I think it`s maybe that the top end isn`t balanced against the kick, and like a lot of your stuff, the bottom end doesn`t go too low. Do you place a real hard cut on it?
This should sound really wide and analogue, with the type of sounds you have used, but instead it sounds a bit cold and dry.
Open up the frequency range on that "bowp bowp" bass sound, and add some valve warmth to the main pad to give the tune the lushness it needs.

eyes without a face
20-11-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah i know what u mean, i dunno i think i just try not to overdo the bass a little at times and sometimes end up under-doing (is that a word? haha) it... il check it out tommorow see if i can work it out

thanks for the comments tho dude, and il have Nature finished around monday for sure ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==