PDA

View Full Version : New Loop I Made..Coments please

tracatak
18-11-2004, 10:33 PM
any help/criticism would be great...not sure ...how close this is to hard techno / schranz..what can i do to improve etc......thanks..

http://fileserv7.soundclick.com/fastk9/HiD/thetracatak+schranzloop.mp3
[/url]

Barely Human
18-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Deffo far to much distortion on that mate, and i would lay off the stereo enchancers aswell, cause they are washing the mix out. Make the bottom end more prominent, and spread the top end instruments with clever panning instead of using a stereo enchancer...

Could be worked into something pretty cool with some tweaking ;)

loopdon
19-11-2004, 10:56 PM
add some wicked subbass and u could try and underlay a filtered (lowpassed @ maybe about 300 hz with some rez to taste) loop of your own loop itself (without kick) to beef up the bass region. i think less dist and losing your stereo enhancer stuff+ adding more action in the bass region would do it well. maybe underlay a sinewave or such. or filter down (lowpass/lowshelf with rez) some (quite a lot if you like) no-kick perc loops and whack them under that thing. try the junglist vsti from synapse audio for a wicked bass or http://spinwarp.com/downloads/ReeseMx.zip.

please repost yer efforts.

tracatak
21-11-2004, 12:34 PM
ty for all ur help...i really appriciate it..im gonan have to ask you some ?'s to make sure im doing the right things..First...what do u mean by stereos enhancers..i dont follow...prolly something simple that im looking far too deep into...thanks./.

Barely Human
21-11-2004, 01:07 PM
It sounds like you have swamped the whole mix with a stereo enhancer plugin. It is very wide. It might be a reverb plug that you have used tho, its hard to tell. Bassically none of the mix is in the center of the streo field, it is all to the outside. If this was getting pressed, then the pressing engineer would have a heart attack, cause you cant have bass frequencies that wide pressed to vinyl.

The Germ
22-11-2004, 05:42 AM
yer getting their J

Germ

loopdon
22-11-2004, 12:04 PM
u could try basslane vst to center yer bass an kix.

http://www.otiumfx.com/files/otiumFX%20-%20bassLANE%20VST%201.0.zip

DigitalDarkness
22-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Hard as Train!

tocsin
23-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Hey, Jay. Don't you have the Waves plugin pack? If you want to see what they mean about the stereo field being too wide, try pulling the track up through the S1-stereoimager and tweak around with that. You can spread or collapse the general stereo spectrum of your mix there.

loopdon
24-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey, Jay. Don't you have the Waves plugin pack? If you want to see what they mean about the stereo field being too wide, try pulling the track up through the S1-stereoimager and tweak around with that. You can spread or collapse the general stereo spectrum of your mix there.

or this. it's free.

tracatak
27-11-2004, 02:15 AM
whoa thanks every1///more help then i thought id get..hehe..glad to see u all here too..im trying everynight..to learn more..ty for the plug in...and tocsin i used to have some waves plugisn but i formated n lost em..=(...anyways..ill keepu all updated..=)

tracatak
07-12-2004, 12:43 AM
any1 know of a way to get my loops (they usualyl all turn out this way) to send more NOT SO ONE FLOW...for example i want to maek it sound like its a lil different every 2 kicks..or everyother kick maybe....right now it souNdS like A--- A--- A--- A--- not A---B---A---B--- basically u can hear it when every othe kick comes in..cuz it shuiffles back n forth..any1 know what im talkin about ..the majority of techno does it..the kidn im used to hearing anyways..liek back n forth chugging almost..if u listen to my loop its sorta jsut the same kick rolling over itself..will get boring fast..

xfive
07-12-2004, 01:14 AM
That's likely just another sample that's been layered onto the two and the four.

j_s
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
any1 know of a way to get my loops (they usualyl all turn out this way) to send more NOT SO ONE FLOW...for example i want to maek it sound like its a lil different every 2 kicks..or everyother kick maybe....right now it souNdS like A--- A--- A--- A--- not A---B---A---B--- basically u can hear it when every othe kick comes in..cuz it shuiffles back n forth..any1 know what im talkin about ..the majority of techno does it..the kidn im used to hearing anyways..liek back n forth chugging almost..if u listen to my loop its sorta jsut the same kick rolling over itself..will get boring fast..

You basically need to change the notes so they loop every 2 beats.

The groove you wrote is a 1 beat loop. I.E. The notes being played after each kick are exactly the same each time. If you change the pattern behind the 2nd & 4th kick itll sound more like what you're aiming for.

tracatak
07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
ok that is what i figured...i can have it have the same echo or delay right so it flow together still..ty for help once again

tracatak
18-12-2004, 08:55 PM
so i went back to this to reread ..now that i understand a little bit more...im still curious though to know...what exactly is a stereo enhancer? ...is it only certain types f plugins like a reverb or something...or somethign completly different..i also used the basslane werked pretty well on it...have to play with it more...ok so maybe if some1 could help with what stereo enhancersare ..prolly something easy..i jsut call it somethign different..then i can see where to move from this point..thanks again

and also...what exactly does sub bass mean..is it likea bass line..somethign liek bdrum n bass or u jsut mean a kick drum that has more bass UMP to it

278d7e64a374de26f==