PDA

View Full Version : FUENTES COMPO! JON CONNOR REMIXES!

jon connor
20-11-2004, 03:37 PM
HI GUYS , LET US NO WOT YOU THINK TO ME COMPO INPUTS, LOVED THIS PROJECT. HEAR NORTHERN DARKNESS JON CONNOR REMIX + AUSTRALIAN BODYCARE HERE!

http://www.electromancer.com/listByGenre.php?id=11

CHEERS GUYS ! :clap:

dirty_bass
20-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Found this to be too loopy. Didn`t have enough variation, and dynamically felt a litt mid orientated. OVercompression?

jon connor
20-11-2004, 05:41 PM
:protest: its the bloody way i like it so there :sleeping:

hahhahahahah! peace dude! keep it up you gota av sum negativity !

dirty base in the place once again pissed on me chips :cry:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahah! cool wit dat! :cool:

dirty_bass
21-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Hey, I won`t crawl up yer ass and bullshit ya, I tell it how it is. Ya get no bullshit from me mate. If it blows my nuts off, I`ll tell ya, and if in my personal opinion, it needs work, I`ll tell ya that too.
None of us is perfect right?

Jimfish
21-11-2004, 03:12 AM
yeah thats about as loopy as it gets.. sorry but i couldnt listen to it all it was doing my head in :lol:
sounds ok though for what it is i guess, im sure lots of people will like it..

dan the acid man
21-11-2004, 03:41 AM
way too loopy for my liking, i like more variation in my tracks, i also agree on them lacking bottom end and highs.

Also, isnt the second remix drug user, not northern darkness

BloodStar
21-11-2004, 11:16 AM
"A Body Care" sounds well to me, but it's still the same again and again,. bit loopy, as was said. the tune makes you dance, but it's just the dance without deeper sense,,i guess...

jon connor
21-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey, I won`t crawl up yer ass and bullshit ya, I tell it how it is. Ya get no bullshit from me mate. If it blows my nuts off, I`ll tell ya, and if in my personal opinion, it needs work, I`ll tell ya that too.

dude you need to understand my position, i cant fully master stuff at my home because i aint got the tools , i have to strip them down and take to studio for master, so tracks you are hearing are just flat demos, and as for the over compression, there is none in any of the tracks ;) just eq.I LEAVE THE COMPRESSION DOWN TO THE STUDIO.i think i no wot it is i use a amplitude modulation effect on my master chanel when i sequence, this allows me to rank up the master volume channel without distort there for giveing a loud finish.will have a look at that dude cheers man :clap:
also you made a coment about loops, well my freind you like to tell it how it is so i will tell you~ YOU ARE A LIVE PERFORMER, NOT A DJ , SO YOUR LOOK ON A TRACK IS TOTALY DIFFRENT FROM MINE, I LIKE LOOP BASED TECHNO FOR A REASON, FOR DECKS AND FX MANIPULATION.
SO WOT :?:

In any case im not bothered coz im not on me own i saw how most of you lot commemted about glen wilsons heroes mixes, but who gives a toss, at the end of the day i no wot i can do with loop based techno on the decks, and thats all that matters is wot i like . i like minamal sounds.

cheers for posts anyway you av give me somthing to think about so i will be more determind than ever now to make my tracks better! :clap:
i love your stuff on dirty bass and your master skills are exellent, so dont think im biting here i respect your coments . youv fired me up now the misses is guna kill me , :rambo: will be in the blody cuboard for another few days , its like a mental disorder once i start a track i cant stop hahahahaha! :doh: im going roun the bend :crackup: peace man! :clap:

jon connor
21-11-2004, 12:34 PM
way too loopy for my liking, i like more variation in my tracks, i also agree on them lacking bottom end and highs.

Also, isnt the second remix drug user, not northern darkness

dude you are right i got confused hahahahah! there is so many vocal samps in drug user i missed the percussion loops,m so i thought they were just extra samps to use! :doh: shit! bollox! all the other samps in track appart from my own are from northern darkness. wot do i do now?
tanx for post man appreciate your honesty! :clap:

dirty_bass
22-11-2004, 06:07 PM
dude you need to understand my position, i cant fully master stuff at my home because i aint got the tools , i have to strip them down and take to studio for master, so tracks you are hearing are just flat demos, and as for the over compression, there is none in any of the tracks just eq.I LEAVE THE COMPRESSION DOWN TO THE STUDIO.i think i no wot it is i use a amplitude modulation effect on my master chanel when i sequence, this allows me to rank up the master volume channel without distort there for giveing a loud finish.will have a look at that dude cheers man
also you made a coment about loops, well my freind you like to tell it how it is so i will tell you~ YOU ARE A LIVE PERFORMER, NOT A DJ , SO YOUR LOOK ON A TRACK IS TOTALY DIFFRENT FROM MINE, I LIKE LOOP BASED TECHNO FOR A REASON, FOR DECKS AND FX MANIPULATION.
SO WOT

In any case im not bothered coz im not on me own i saw how most of you lot commemted about glen wilsons heroes mixes, but who gives a toss, at the end of the day i no wot i can do with loop based techno on the decks, and thats all that matters is wot i like . i like minamal sounds.

cheers for posts anyway you av give me somthing to think about so i will be more determind than ever now to make my tracks better!
i love your stuff on dirty bass and your master skills are exellent, so dont think im biting here i respect your coments . youv fired me up now the misses is guna kill me , will be in the blody cuboard for another few days , its like a mental disorder once i start a track i cant stop hahahahaha! im going roun the bend peace man!

Ok fair enough mate, but if you are putting up your tracks here just for people to tell you how good they are, then you are in the wrong place. We all try to constructively critisise each other hear. I`ve had digs at my production and I`ve learned a lot from it on here. If we just sit back and think how great we are, then that`s a path to mediocrity. To try to help someone improve their work is a motive of help, and we can all help each other.
So don`t get hurt cos you`ve got critisised here.

Regardless of the mastering the tune was still very loopy. And basically, I went down that path production wise a while ago, and while rsults are easy, it is, essentially, lazy programming.
Loops are fine, just work those mother****ers.

And as for me only being a live performer and not a DJ.
I was a partner in one of the soundsystems that put on some of the biggest techno squat parties in london. I`ve been DJing for ten years.
5 of those were intensive, playing each week to punters on a very large system for sets of 2 - 5 hours.
I can DJ, I just choose not too, as there are too many DJ`s.

The Overfiend
22-11-2004, 06:08 PM

dude you need to understand my position, i cant fully master stuff at my home because i aint got the tools , i have to strip them down and take to studio for master, so tracks you are hearing are just flat demos, and as for the over compression, there is none in any of the tracks ;) just eq.I LEAVE THE COMPRESSION DOWN TO THE STUDIO.i think i no wot it is i use a amplitude modulation effect on my master chanel when i sequence, this allows me to rank up the master volume channel without distort there for giveing a loud finish.will have a look at that dude cheers man :clap:

cheers for posts anyway you av give me somthing to think about so i will be more determind than ever now to make my tracks better! :clap:
i love your stuff on dirty bass and your master skills are exellent, so dont think im biting here i respect your coments . youv fired me up now the misses is guna kill me , :rambo: will be in the blody cuboard for another few days , its like a mental disorder once i start a track i cant stop hahahahaha! :doh: im going roun the bend :crackup: peace man! :clap:

Easy Killa!
http://epsilon.applepics.com/50/userfiles/419edb94c833f.gif

jon connor
22-11-2004, 09:28 PM
dirty bass quote/
Ok fair enough mate, but if you are putting up your tracks here just for people to tell you how good they are, then you are in the wrong place. We all try to constructively critisise each other hear. I`ve had digs at my production and I`ve learned a lot from it on here. If we just sit back and think how great we are, then that`s a path to mediocrity. To try to help someone improve their work is a motive of help, and we can all help each other.
So don`t get hurt cos you`ve got critisised here.

Regardless of the mastering the tune was still very loopy. And basically, I went down that path production wise a while ago, and while rsults are easy, it is, essentially, lazy programming.
Loops are fine, just work those ****.

And as for me only being a live performer and not a DJ.
I was a partner in one of the soundsystems that put on some of the biggest techno squat parties in london. I`ve been DJing for ten years.
5 of those were intensive, playing each week to punters on a very large system for sets of 2 - 5 hours.
I can DJ, I just choose not too, as there are too many DJ`s.[/quote]

um! yea! mate! :shock: not to sure wot your trying to make me out to be here, if you want my honest opininion i think my tracks are crap! compared to sum of the guys on this site ,the only reason ive post them here is to get honest opinions to inprove my production skills. you have quite clearly got a problem with loop based techno, which is fine we are all intitled to our own opinion. we not all perfect man! and as for beeing a dj performer not live, well hopfully 1 day i might be able to afford my own equipment to start learning how to play live, i mean we not all financially well off, especially when your day job pays minimum wage, your dj wages just about covers your fuel costs and drinks when i play at venues and you have a family to support, with 2 children.after seeing most of my freinds get in debt for taking out large loans i dont really fancy that either, i preffer to earn my way through life. so dude if i could you bet ya life i would be trying to play live as i think it is the best way to express yourself as an artist playing a set of all your own material.

anyways wot ya gettin vexed about! just thought i would get ya back for pullin me plonka! last time when you took the michael out of my label name, hahahahahahahah! :rambo:

peace! + noise dirty bass keep the faith brother. :notworthy:

jon connor
22-11-2004, 09:46 PM

Easy Killa!
http://epsilon.applepics.com/50/userfiles/419edb94c833f.gif

behave sam ! hahahaha! ive already got no front tooth and 3 cracked ribs that av just heald due to a riot that broke out at a venue ! no more injuries please! hahahahahah!
im not posting anymore tracks now cant be arsed , its not worth the hassel. will listen to other guys tho sum wikid talent on ere. :clap: im off to av a hamlet cigar and put me slippers on! peace yall! :cool:

djsirround
22-11-2004, 09:56 PM
this thing regarding the loops and not loops...

I think there are many kinds of Techno... one of them is used as tool, just as Jon said, its only used on the decks, you play the track kick the clubbers arses and thats it, on the other hand one can find the good Techno, as any other damn style there are good music and bad music.

There's nothing wrong regarding this loopy Techno, may be your'e right dirty bass, not may be, you are..but as I said there is nothing wrong by this kind of Techno.

I don't want to mention any artists out there, but I heard live mixes, which 20 minutes are the same track, the artist is just delighted with the filter and flanger effect, so as I said, there is good and bad music.

enough said.

ibbjamin
22-11-2004, 11:26 PM
I enjoyed both tracks. I think the Australian Body Care Remix would go over very well at the right time. Obviously mastering needs to be done, but the work done so far is excellent. \m/

dirty_bass
22-11-2004, 11:42 PM
this has gotten a bit out of hand.
BUT
there is nothing wrong with loops.
The problem is a lot of producers use them as a quick way to results.
Having basically the same loop running for 5 mins is not I think (and I`m not pointing at john here, this is in general) got anything to do with being a DJ tool, it is merely an excuse for lazy production.
Loop grooves are designed for this and they take up far less vinyl and do the same job.
Loops are cool, but to do anything vaguely worthwhile these days, you`ve got to work extra hard to stand out from all the other acid and ejay users out there.
And the best way to do this is get clever with your loops.
Have lots of changes.
Clever Edits.
Beat shifts etc.

I`m sorry john, I guess I bit you a bit hard, and I do apologise.
But I`m not saying what I`m saying to discourage or put you down.
If I wanted to do that, I`d just say, your shit, or something childish.
What I`m trying to do, in a probably misdirected way, is push you to be better.

I have nothing against loop techno. I have a lot against lazy programming, people taking short cuts in production, and the fact that techno needs to be revived.

We all complain about pop bands, and the current vogue for faceless, factory line, boy and girl band clones that all sound the same.

Have an honest look at the techno scene, and the releases out there.
And you will find that there is a huge element of cloning, factory line productions.
We are reaching a time now when the music is getting old, and we are on the cusp of a change.

Probably a good discussion in itself.

xfive
22-11-2004, 11:56 PM
And you will find that there is a huge element of cloning, factory line productions.
We are reaching a time now when the music is getting old, and we are on the cusp of a change.

Here here. :clap:

jon connor
23-11-2004, 12:03 AM
I enjoyed both tracks. I think the Australian Body Care Remix would go over very well at the right time. Obviously mastering needs to be done, but the work done so far is excellent. \m/

thanx my freind , :clap: tho i wouldent go as far as to say my work is exellent i no my place, and i no there is a long road to travel, in my production journey, the guys on here who run boa community are exellent :notworthy: , so i hand that quote over to them tanx man! :clap:
will get there 1 day man! peace!

jon connor
23-11-2004, 12:26 AM
this has gotten a bit out of hand.
BUT
there is nothing wrong with loops.
The problem is a lot of producers use them as a quick way to results.
Having basically the same loop running for 5 mins is not I think (and I`m not pointing at john here, this is in general) got anything to do with being a DJ tool, it is merely an excuse for lazy production.
Loop grooves are designed for this and they take up far less vinyl and do the same job.
Loops are cool, but to do anything vaguely worthwhile these days, you`ve got to work extra hard to stand out from all the other acid and ejay users out there.
And the best way to do this is get clever with your loops.
Have lots of changes.
Clever Edits.
Beat shifts etc.

I`m sorry john, I guess I bit you a bit hard, and I do apologise.
But I`m not saying what I`m saying to discourage or put you down.
If I wanted to do that, I`d just say, your shit, or something childish.
What I`m trying to do, in a probably misdirected way, is push you to be better.

I have nothing against loop techno. I have a lot against lazy programming, people taking short cuts in production, and the fact that techno needs to be revived.

We all complain about pop bands, and the current vogue for faceless, factory line, boy and girl band clones that all sound the same.

arh! i love you to dirty bass (HAND BAGS DOWN ) :love:

HAHAHAHAHA!

question .

do you no loop tempo to stamp on vynyl :?: is it 133.300 bpm
i got a ceri lekabusch album a few year ago where when the track came to an end on vynyl it stayed in a continus loop, so basicaly you never run out of mix, is it possible to do this when you send a track to stamp or is it a skill that has to be done in press plant :?:

i think its a wonderfill idea that hasent really taken off much. there will always be a time when you guna run out of mix.

anyways dude opology exepted man :love:
its cranky monday we gota start the week off with a good old boa punch up! :rambo: get the old TECHNO ENGINES WARMED UP . hahahahah! :love:

peace + noise man! RESPECT! big up dirty bass , :clap: it truly does do wot it says on the tin :clap:
:notworthy:

jon connor
23-11-2004, 12:33 AM

Here here. :clap:

words man! :notworthy:

djsirround
23-11-2004, 10:21 AM

:notworthy:

278d7e64a374de26f==